Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 7

Here's chapter 7. This chapter a little harder to translate. I hope I made it readable.



7 24 hours vacation throughout the year

The belly was filled.
Is it because I'm too hungry or is it because to recover from the damage that I received? The frog that has the size similar to me was already in my stomach.
Typically impossible?
Hahaha.
Skills are like mysterious phenomenon in this world.
In addition, I cannot say that it's necessarily impossible.
Because my body is inflating like balloon.
Fuu. If it's a human's body, then it's the time to think about dieting.
Well, in my previous life, I had a body that won't gain weight no matter how many I eat so I had never tried dieting before.

For the time being, I need to restore the part of the web that's broken.
Ugh, it's hard to restore the web with my current belly.
I somehow managed to restore it.
Thank god that no monsters came when I was restoring the web.

Now that I think about it, isn't the danger not limited to when I was restoring the net but also during the time I ate the frog?
There's a possibility that other monsters will get tempted by the smell.
Though I saw it in this narrow passage, but there was a six-legged wolf in the huge passage.
No matter how I looks at it, it surely has sharp sense of smell and it might be dangerous.
Next time, I should eat after I return to my home.

Ah, among food, clothing and shelter, I have food and shelter.
Clothes?
You want me, a spider to wear clothes?
Haa.
I don't feel that I need it.
This cave is neither hot nor cold and in the first place, my body is covered by short body hair.
There's no meaning to wear clothes and in the first place, there are no clothes to wear.

I think I can make it with my threads and it doesn't seem that I need to so much effort making it.
I don't know whether I can wear it or not even if I make it.

Doesn't that means that I have clothes too?
Oh. Then that means that I would have obtain the necessities of life without working.
No, I pretty much build my nest and I had a hard time defeating the frog, it might be exaggerating to say that I didn't work.

As long as nothing bad happens, it can be said that the environment is in good order for living a dream-like lifestyle.
If there's a problem, then there might be someone strong who can breakthrough my web or there's a possibility that I will starve due to no preys caught in the web.
In the worst case, if someone strong were to breakthrough my web, then I would escape immediately.
Then, if only there are preys who would get caught in my web regularly.
As long as it is fulfilled, then I can stay indoors throughout my life.

Wonderful!

Though I went to school normally, I lived my life mostly like a shut-in.
Spending my time in school without talking to anyone and when I return home, I did nothing besides surfing the internet or playing games.
I pour hot water on the rice then simply heat it up for 3 minutes with the microwave oven.
Once in a while, I would go to the convenience store to buy bento.

Both of my parents are working and they usually come back late.
Even if they came back, we hardly meet each other and hardly had a conversation too.
As for housework, everyone does only the minimum.
To put things bluntly, it was like a total stranger living in the same house.

Probably because of that, it was troublesome to communicate with another person.
Well, rather than life, it's probably my own personality that I had since I was born.
Therefore, I don't even have any friends and I hardly talk even in the game's chat.

That's why my game character always had a silent image.
My avatar is a rough and bald old man.
A nice guy who talks with his back.
Status and romance are temporary so I raised only my physical attack and speed in the game.
It's no big deal if I don't get hit so I always evade every attack and use the 'hit and run' strategy to defeat my enemy.
I will die if I was hit though.

Umu.
Although it's trivial not being able to meet my parents or my classmates, it's a little lonely not being able to meet the bald old man again.
In a free player group, only an influential person/gamer who had a high social status/fame can go up against a few paid gamer group and it will be a regret if character gets destroyed halfway.

I think I'm not a human already when I had more attachment with my game character rather than my parents.
Nonetheless, it's a fact.
Will my parents grieve over my death?
Un.
It doesn't matter.
I think even if our positions are reversed, I don't think there's a need to grieve over my child.
I probably will be troubled in raising the money for the funeral.

Telling things like this to a stranger might somehow anger them but so what?
Because I don't cause trouble to people so it's none of your business on how I think.
Trouble for my parents?
Unfortunately, I have invested in stocks using my parents name. Every month, I will bank in a sum of money into the bank account.
You have to get a hang of it and also taking the risk, then only you can earn money with stocks.
Therefore, I don't live depending on my parents.
I never cause any troubles to anyone so I don't want to hear it from someone who does it.

Well, there's no use saying such a thing now.
So I will declare it.
Shut-in NEET is the BEST!
( TL note: ヒキニート. Basically a mix of hikkikomori and NEET so I translate it to shut-in NEET)

39 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting series found it by accident and thx for translating it will follow it =^.^= second post yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a non-billing group, only an influential person who had a high social status can go up against a few billing group and it will be a regret if it gets thrown away halfway.
    (無課金組の中じゃ、数少ない課金組に対抗できる有力者にまで上り詰めていただけに、プレイ半ばで放り投げることになってしまったのは未練だなー。 TL note: Totally have no idea how to translate this sentence) <=================

    I think it mean
    In a free player group, only an influential person/gamer who had a high social status/fame can go up against a few paid gamer group and it will be a regret if character gets destroyed halfway.

    I think it's a sentence related to MMO game where free gamers who can play without paying money dare not compete against paid gamer. Since paid gamers pay for many conveniences and tools so their characters are very strong. Example, in a group of level 50-60 players, paid gamers' characters will be stronger than free gamers' characters. So they dare not challenge/duel with paid group for fear of getting killed PvP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps some people think so, but in actuality, free players can still easily defeat loaders/whales, even those super loaders/whales. It just takes skill. The mostly free player faction that I used to lead used to mop the floor with the other mostly loading factions.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and this MC really knows what she's doing. In most Japanese RPGs, AGI build is the way to go.

      Delete
  4. Finance in someone else's name... I hope he didn't have any positions on margin... I mean, fraud is fraud, but if nobody's being hurt I have a better tolerance for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called 'hit and run', isn't it? 'Hit and away' sounds strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will die if I was hitted though.

    There is no such word as "hitted". Hit is good for either in present or past tense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "7 24 hours vacation throughout the year": I think "vacations" as there are 7 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "7 24 hours vacation throughout the year": I think "vacations" as there are 7 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The belly was filled. --> My belly was filled.

    Generally when talking about body parts that are still attached or worn clothing we use possessives where other languages would leave them implied.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Then that means that I would have obtain the necessities of life without working.

    s/obtain/obtained

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I can make it with my threads and it doesn't seem that I need to so much effort making it.
    --> I think I can make it with my threads and it seems like it wont take much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Umu. -> Umm.

    Not sure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think even if our positions are reversed, I don't think there's a need to grieve over my child.
    I probably will be troubled in raising the money for the funeral.

    Maybe:
    Even if our positions are reversed I would think "I don't think there's a need to grieve over my child. I probably will be troubled in raising the money for the funeral."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Opps, should be "Even if our positions were reversed..."

    Its the hypothetical mood, so uses the past tense form.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although it's trivial not being able -> Although I don't mind not being able

    Maybe? Not sure if it is intentionally slightly odd sounding in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'm not a human already when I had more attachment with my game character rather than my parents. --> I think when I had more attachment to my game character rather than my parents, I already wasn't human.

    Or something. This one is hard to get to sound right. I keep wanting to say "because" instead of "when".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was never human. I had more attachment to my game character than my parents.
      (Make 2 sentences and forget "when" or "because")

      Delete
  19. I think I'm not a human already when I had more attachment with my game character rather than my parents. --> I think when I had more attachment to my game character rather than my parents, I already wasn't human.

    Or something. This one is hard to get to sound right. I keep wanting to say "because" instead of "when".

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, bald old man as an avatar. Never knew that was possible.
    Would be interesting if ever she has an adventure party, will consist of old men.
    Old man complex maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  21. 'stranger living in the same house' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Well, in my previous life, I had a body that won't gain weight no matter how many I eat so I had never tried dieting before."

    We sure have many similarities. this is the third time~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was kind of sad though. A kid that had already lost so much faith in her parents, her main attachment before death was a game character and that she even found it perfectly logical to begin making money and paying back the so called burden she'd left on their lives...Poor kid. At least she has her spider adventures now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is an organization with a powerful group of well trained professional sniper, assassins, hit men which are located all over the world such as the entire USA, CANADA, and EUROPE and in every country of the world. Here our job involves, the assassination of individuals who are threats to you and your family, revenge on someone, oppression, killings of top government bodies and politicians, blackmailing of a boss, ex-partner or placing a tail on someone to know their whereabouts. Our methods are long rage snipping, or forcing someone close to them, torturing of their friends, coworkers, family doctor, therapist, etc. no undercover cops here, no risks of getting caught, because we are professional killers: we don’t ask for your name, we don’t want to know who you are or where you live. You pay by bitcoin and we don’t need to know about your credit card or bank account details making it as much easier and safer you.
    Contact us now: yakuzasyndicate777@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, in my previous life, I had a body that won't gain weight no matter how many I eat so I had never tried dieting before.

    Haha, just like my own body. Lol.

    ReplyDelete