Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 13

Before start reading Chapter 13, suggest me some suitable name for this:

悪食 = Gross Feeder
血縁喰ライ = Blood Relative Eater
禁忌 = Taboo
外道魔法 = Heresy Magic



13 I received a disgraceful title

I succeeded in getting through my brother's attack easily.
No.
I was saved because this guy was stupid.
Practically, it would be dangerous if it's a serious fight.

I managed to grasp my characteristic to some extent.
Given that I can't confirm my status like a game, I think I can judge my ability objectively.
Considering from there, my greatest weapon are my threads and poison fangs.
Restrain it with my threads and finish it off with my poison fangs.
This is my invincible winning combo. On the contrary, my defeat is decided when the combo is proven useless.
That's all for me, rather than that, for us, spiders, threads and poison fangs are important weapons.

This stupid assailant did not understand it at all.
I, who was the same species as my opponent, predicted the results of the fight that the one who restrain its opponent first will win.
Therefore, what's left was how to restrain the opponent with the threads because this strategy is the core of the fight and yet the result is this mess.
Throwing itself without any measures, are you an idiot? Are you stupid? Do you really want to die? Ah, it's already dead.

Rather how did such a fool manage to survive so far. I'm starting to admire that fool now.
The monsters outside of my home, to be frank, I  don't think I can win against those monsters. How did that guy survive so far?
Well, there's no help thinking about it and that guy is dead already.

You should know that what kind of end this dead guy will have in my territory right?
I'm very hungry.
Though it has a disgusting appearance, but I have already throw away my timid mind when I ate the first frog.
Brothers?
So what?
Originally, it's a species that preys on each other.

Therefore, Itadakimasu.



Fuu.
Thank you for the delicious meal.
Though it looks like that, it was more delicious than the frog.
After all, is it that?
Is it because that the frog has both poison and acid?
Well, it was better than the frog even though it's unchanged that this was not delicious because it has poison.

When I was relaxing, I heard a machine-like voice which was the voice of heaven.

《Conditions met. Title 『Gross Feeder』 was acquired》
《By the effects of the title 『Gross Feeder』, skill 『Poison Resistance LV1』『Corrosion Resistance LV1』 was acquired》
《『Poison Resistance LV1』 has unified into 『Poison Resistance LV3』》

《Conditions met. Title 『Blood Relative Eater』 was acquired》
《By the effects of the title 『Blood Relative Eater』, skill 『Taboo LV1』『Heresy Magic LV1』 was acquired》

What?
Eh, what's this?
Every time I heard the voice of heaven, I would always be surprised but this time, rather than surprised, I was dumbfounded.
What's a title?

Why don't I calm down for now?
When it comes to this, I produce threads to calm down.
I produce threads properly and roll it around and making a white fur ball.
Fuu, I calmed down a little.

Well, title.
Is this that?
The one that I get after achieving a special condition?
Though it might be so, but the ones that I acquired was none other than some disgraceful and grotesque title.
The title 『Gross Feeder』 is just an insult rather than a title!
『Blood Relative Eater』. With those words, it's definitely no good!
Other people can't see this right?
If the level of "Appraisal" is high, it's likely to be seen.
Uwaa.
If it were to be seen, then it's definitely no good.
Well, I'm a monster and I would be dead before my title was seen if I was seen by a human.

But if I ignore the words, isn't it the titles effects are good?
Because I acquired 4 skill from it.
Because I have the "Poison Resistance" from the start and judging form the words of the voice of heaven, did it get added into my skill proficiency?
It's inconvenient that I'm not able to see detailed information at such time.
I want my "Appraisal" level to increase quickly.

Leaving that aside, I'm interested with the remaining 3 skills.
Well, I can somehow understand "Corrosion Resistance".
The skill proficiency might rise if I eat rotten things.
I don't think I would willingly eat it....
The problem is the remaining 2 skills.

Though "Taboo" skill seems to be dangerous but I don't know its effects at all.
To be frank, I can't even imagine it.
Err, explanation please.
There's no use to it if I don't know what's its effect is.

"Heresy Magic" is the same.
I don't know how to use it.
What?
Will it activate if I recite an incantation?
Even if I say that, I can't talk because I'm a spider.
I can only cry kichikichi or perhaps I should say grinding my teeth?
No, even if I can talk, I don't even know the incantation. It doesn't change that it's not usable.

I try to recite "Heresy Magic" is my heart for trial.
...
...
....
Un, nothing happens.
It's useless.

Huh?
I thought that I got the title and skill was a godsend, but the only substantial one was "Corrosion Resistance".
No, well, I think that the "Poison Resistance" was also a gain.
When thinking so, the only useful title was 『Gross Feeder』 right?
『Blood Relative Eater』 does not serve any purpose.

Ah, if the condition to acquire the title 『Blood Relative Eater』 is eating blood relatives then there should be a lot of my brothers who have the same title.
However, only the fool that was eaten by me awhile ago reached here.
That means, there's no much change in battle abilities even if I acquired the title.
It's meaningless if it's useless.
I see.
So there are some reasons for simple conditions.
When the conditions of the title is easy, then its effect is low.

However, knowing that something like title exist is big.
If I can collect titles, then maybe I can collect more skills efficiently.
I should try out various things to check whether I can acquire more titles or not.

22 comments:

  1. 《『Poison Resistance LV1』 has unified into 『Poison Resistance LV3』》shouldn't that be lv 2 to level 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the level 1 is the new one from the title. It got merged into the existing poison resistance.

      Delete
    2. Poison resistance was already at lv2 before the unification

      Delete
    3. Poison resistance was already at lv2 before the unification

      Delete
  2. If the level of "Appraisal" is high, it's likely to see it.
    ->it's likely to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blood Relative Eater>> Cannibalism
    Sounds smoother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no. cannibalism isnt a title...
      cannibal would be what you were going for which isnt nearly as nice as blood relative eater.

      Delete
    2. but cannibalism isnt even the same thing as cannibalism is basicially eating ones own species, so their definitions arent the same as one is being related by blood and the other is eating someone of the same species.

      Delete
  5. What about
    'Kin Eater'
    'heretical magic'
    And maybe something like 'gross palate' our sickly palate
    These are just suggestions based off of the English, though, I can't translate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shouldn't the title "Gross Eater" achieve when she eats the frog....??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, compared to spiders, frogs aren't gross at all.

      Delete
  7. For blood reletive eater, would kinship-feeder be good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and as always, thank you for making this!

      Delete
  8. Gross Feeder should be Gross Eater.
    Feeder -> someone that gives nutrients to someone else
    Eater -> someone that takes in nutrients for themselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeder can also mean "someone/something that feeds on others"

      Delete
  9. I prefer the manga version as kin eater better

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taboo sounds too special to be a simple low rank ability though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 悪食 = Akujiki, so maybe Strange Feeder/Carnivore?
    血縁喰ライ = Cannibalism
    禁忌 = Kinki, so Taboo
    外道魔法 = Gedou Mahou, so Heresy/Heretical Magic

    ReplyDelete