Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 25

Here's chapter 25
I make one part easier to understand in the level up screen which is Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency so that it shows that she gain skill proficiency by leveling.

Also not to forget this skill:
視覚領域拡張
I used Vision Range Expansion. Any better one, just suggest in the comments.



25 Delicious snake

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Lesser Taratect LV7 has became LV8》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Pain Resistance LV1』 has became 『Pain Resistance LV2』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Lesser Taratect LV8 has became LV9》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Poison Fang LV5』 has became 『Poison Fang LV6』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Night Vision LV9』 has became 『Night Vision LV10』》
《Conditions met. Skill 『Vision Range Expansion LV1』 was derived from Skill 『Night Vision LV10』》
《Skill points gained》

A lot of of stuff leveled up.
It looks like it's common to gain a lot of experience points if I defeat an opponent stronger than myself no matter which world is it.
I went up by 2 levels in one go.

Certainly, the snake was a powerful enemy.
The possibility for me to win in a direct fight is zero.
Strong body.
The defense covered with hard scale.
Guessing from the time it charges to my webs, its speed should be considerably high.
It might be faster than me.
In addition, speaking of snake, it's poison.
(それに、蛇といえば毒。TL note: not sure how to translate it)
This guy probably has poison in it too.

To be frank, the probability to win even after restraining it in the web was still 50-50.
Though my wounds were cured after leveling up, but my physical strength has been decreased to the point where it's considerably critical.
My stamina was also the same and it was considerably dangerous.

The return was even bigger than that.
When I overhunted the centipedes, I thought that I would get to level 8 soon. But I never expect that my level went up to 9 in one go.

Though I'm happy that I leveled up, but it's also big that the level of the skills rose.
There's no loss that the "Pain Resistance" leveled up and the "Poison Fang" is one of my trump cards along with the "Spider Thread".
If the level of my "Poison Fang" rises, my offensive power will also increase.
Or perhaps I should say that the "Poison Fang" is the only weapon for the current me.
If there's an opponent with high poison resistance, then it's bad.

Next is the one caught my eyes in this level up, "Night Vision".
Un.
Now that you mention it, it's not strange that I have it.
Needless to say, there's no light in this dungeon.
There's nothing here that can become a source of light and it's pitch-black in here.
But I can see the surroundings clearly.
It's a little surprising that this was contributed by the skill.
I certainly thought that it was a species characteristic.

Because of "Night Vision" leveled up, there's changes in my vision.
From dim to bright.
I can see the surroundings clearly.
Apparently, 10 is the highest skill level.
Otherwise, I can't explain about this brightness.
Well, it's possible that only "Night Vision" has 10 levels as its limit.

I don't know whether it's a bonus from the "Night Vision" that has reached level 10 or not, but I obtained a skill called "Vision Range Expansion".
To be frank, I don't know its effect even though it's good.
I thought that it widens my field of vision according to the name but it doesn't seems to be it.
Up until now, there's a lot of skills that I don't know its effect from its name. This is also one of them.

Such time, I should just appraise my skill but I can't.
I can only appraise "Visible things" is the condition to use the "Appraisal".
All the skills are things which the voice of heaven tells you........
I can't appraise it because it's invisible.
It seems that the "Appraisal" result written in my head is judged as visible.

If the level of my "Appraisal" rises, the skills might show up in the status. Then, I might be able to appraise my skill.
I have no choice but to leave it till then.



Now then, let's eat this big thing that I killed it with much efforts.
For the time being, in the middle of eating, I should rebuild the simple home so that I won't get attacked by other monsters.
When thinking of the snake's large build, it's impossible to finish eating it once. So I think I should settle down here until I finish eating the snake.
So I build the simple home carefully.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Spider Thread LV6』 has became 『Spider Thread LV7』》

Good things seem to happen over and over again.
The "Spider Thread" that didn't level easily was able to level up.
Is it because that I keep using it while fighting the snake?
At any rate, my main skills which are the "Poison Fang" and "Spider Thread" have leveled up.
Honestly, the skill level up increases my combat ability more than the basic ability rise in the level up.

I decide to eat my meal in a good mood.
However, I need to remove this guy's scale first.
Even I can't eat such a hard scale.
It's necessary to remove the scales in order to eat it.

I removed the scales!
Ah, I'm tired.
It was more tiring than expected.
It took some time because it was hard and it's difficult to peel it off.
The red gauge of the total stamina that was restored by level up has decrease by a quarter.
It was a heavy labor.

However, with this, I can finally eat without reserve!
Thus, itadakimasu.

Uwa, it's bitter.
It's very bitter.
Bitter is the taste of poison right?
With such bitterness, what a strong poison this guy have.
It might be dangerous if I were bitten.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Poison Resistance LV5』 has became 『Poison Resistance LV6』》

Un.
Though the taste is bad, it's very delicious for a skill.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter! Translator-sama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 視覚領域拡張 suggest visible range expansion
    the reason is in skill detail so it's a spoiler for now (nothing effect story so if you want to know, just ask)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the reason is in further chapters, then I will use visible range expansion from now on.

      Delete
    2. it's in chapter 50. with your speed it's not that long.

      Delete
  3. something to celebrate for the author
    - number of chapters are over 150
    - number of bookmark users are over 20,000
    - rank 1st in monthly and quarterly ranking, still in top 5 of daily and weekly ranking, got 25th in annual ranking and already in the top 100 of total point ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, the result may have been bitter, but the chapter was delicious for me. :P Thanks so much for the chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. at this point (chapter 25) maybe you should translate Q&A corner 1 too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/595431/blogkey/1168960/

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the chapter~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the translation. :)

    I don't know how it works, but could you maybe get your translation added to アホ Updates? It makes it easier to keep up with translations. :)

    http://aho-updates.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already posted a feed request. Apparently, it's delayed.

      Delete