Pages

Thursday 9 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 27

Chapter 27.
Q&A Corner 1 is next.



27 I'm going to evolve!

Something unexpected was told along with the level up.
You mean evolve?
In other words, is it that?
Is it something like the game where you raise a pocket monster? (TL note: Pokemon!!!)

《There are multiple choices of evolution. Please choose from the following.
Lesser Taratect
Small Taratect》

O, Ou.
Err, wait a minute.
Just a moment. ( ジャストアモーメント。)

Let's think carefully.
This is an important turning point of life.
Not a human life but a spider life.
Anyway, I can't carelessly choose these.

I'll evolve.
Well, that's good.
It's not strange that such thing exist in this game-like world.
It would be endless if I start to retort about it.

Well, since it's called as evolution, it should be a power up.
If I could evolve, it's obviously better to do it, maybe.
Un.
There are some things that are better if it didn't evolve though it's just a game knowledge.
Well, I think that evolving is better because such a type is minor.

The problem is that I have 2 kinds of evolution.
Lesser Taratect and Small Taratect.
It doesn't seem to differ much just by hearing the names.
The only difference is Lesser or Small.
Ah, it would be nice if I can use my "Appraisal" on the voice of heaven.
Then, I can understand the difference clearly.

Hmmm.
Well, generally, can you imagine it?
I think I would probably change into adult form if it's Lesser Taratect.
The word "Small" disappeared from the name.
On the contrary, for the Small Taratect, will I become a higher rank species from the deteriorating species because the word "Lesser" disappeared?
However, the word "Small" remains means that I would remain as a hatchling.

Perhaps, I can depend on this recognition.
When thinking so, I have decided on which I should choose.

The only option is Small Taratect.

It's not too good even if I evolve as a deteriorating species. ( 劣化種のまま進化してもあんまりいいことなさそう。 TL note : not sure about this)
In addition, if it's Small Taratect, then doesn't that means that there's one more stage of evolution left?
Removing the "Small" and evolve into a Taratect.
I don't know how much change will occur by evolving but at least, it's certain that I would get stronger after evolving.
Then, it's obvious to pick the choice that can evolve a number of times.
By any chance, the Lesser Taratect might be able to evolve but it's impossible to bring myself to choose it by wishful thinking.

In addition, if I chose Lesser Taratect, it's scary that I don't know how big I would become.
Becoming an adult form probably increases my body size.
Though I think that I probably won't get bigger suddenly after evolve but I can't say that it's not possible.
This is a fantasy world, it's scary that I can't cut the possibility of a development like "I'll evolve, Poof, I became big!"
While the possibility exists, I can't choose it easily.
Surely, I don't think I would become as big as the huge spider but I would be troubled if my body enlarge into the size where I can't fit in this passage now.

Though there was a monster called Finjegoath that I saw before, this monster has a large build that can fill up this 3 meters square passage.
In such a state, moving should be hard.
I think that probably those monsters originally inhabit in a wider place and that individual accidentally lost its way into the narrow passage.

When thinking so, it's possible that I can't move with a large build.
Then, it's better that the size remains the same.
That's one of the reasons to choose Small Taratect.

Un.
I decided it.
I'll evolve into Small Taratect!

《Individual Small Lesser Taratect evolves into SmallTaratect》

Ah, yes.
Evolution sure starts abruptly.
Though the voice of heaven is always abrupt, I want it to mind my emotions a little more.
Even when I'm evolving with,,much,,,eff,,orts,,,,.





《Evolution completed》
《Became the Small Taratect species》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Taboo LV1』 has became 『Taboo LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Heresy Magic LV1』 has became 『Heresy Magic LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Corrosion Resistance LV1』 has became 『Corrosion Resistance LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Idaten LV1』 has became 『Idaten LV2』》
《Skill points gained》

Uo!?
Eh? Eh?
I, when did I sleep?
No, my consciousness fades away suddenly and feels like snapping off?
Isn't this the effect of the evolution?
Hey, voice of heaven-san, you should say it beforehand that I would lose consciousness when evolving!

Uun?
Did the evolution ended?
It doesn't seem that there are any changes in my appearance.
Ah, the "Appraisal" has been canceled.
Yosh, I appraise myself to confirm my current condition.

『Small Taratect LV1 No name
 Status: Weak』

Oh! Oo,Oh?
Hmmmm?
It looks like the evolution succeeded because the species name has changed.
However, LV1?
Is it the one where level falls after evolving?
Err, don't tell me that my status also experience a decrease?
I can't judge it because the status still shows that I'm weak.
I mean I'm still weak.... ( ていうか弱いままなのか…。TL note: not too sure how to translate it)

Leaving that aside, there's something that's bothering me which is the red total stamina gauge is almost empty.
So that's why my body feel so heavy since a while ago and I'm very hungry.
Probably because of energy was used in evolution. Luckily, I have stored up a lot of preys.

It looks like the evolution somehow succeeded but this is dangerous if I do it simply.
I would lose consciousness and get hungry.
In case there's a next one, it would be bad if I don't prepare beforehand.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 安易な選択はしちゃダメだ。 - I can't carelessly choose these.
    進化できるんだったらしたほうがいいに決まってる、はず。 - If I could evolve it obviously better do it, maybe.
    こんなファンタジーな世界だし、進化しまーす、ボフン、でっかくなっちゃった!な展開もないとは言い切れないのが怖い。 - this is fantasy world, it's scary that I can't cut the possibility of a development like "I'll evolve, Poof, I became big!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is skill idaten something like super parkour run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I get from my translation aggregator, it's translated as Skanda(swift-footed guardian deity) or great runner.

      Delete
    2. and it's the same as her game avatar(bald-san) nick name (see s1)

      Delete
  4. thanks for the chapter cant wait for more~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I don't know Japanese, in this context it makes sense for "deteriorating" to be replaced with "degenerate" or "devolved".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the japanese ver is 劣化. It's translated as deteriorating/degradation. I think deteriorating is suitable

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the Chapter <3
    Her Idaten is getting stronger ~

    ReplyDelete