Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 43

Chapter 43.


Change back Gluttony → Overeating.
Also going to change it on chapter 41 too.


43 Spider vs Earth Dragon.........Eh?

After repulsing the first group without difficulty, I was attacked by the bees continuously.
I was able to annihilate the second group without any problem, but after that was a problem.
Multiple groups came to attack me at the same time.
Nai wa. (No way)
No, it's a right thing to do from the viewpoint of the bee.
As for being the attacked side, I prefer that they don't come in such large quantities.
Even if it's safe inside the nest, there's a feeling of pressure.
Being surrounded by bees flying around and buzzing constantly. What's this situation?

I sigh while looking around the surroundings.
As far as I can see, bee, bee, bee.
Really, what are you?
When this much gathers here, the buzzing sound is staggering.
It's very noisy.
I can't sleep because it's too noisy.

In addition, if I kill this much dutifully, I won't be able to eat all of it.
Although it might be thanks to the skill "Overeating" that I can eat more than before, there's still a limit to it.
Each one of them is already huge, getting 5 in a group is too much.
Thanks to that, it made my skill level of "Overeating" rise to 3.

The thing that I'm troubled the most is that the expansion of the nest is delayed due to the bees.
My first objective is to escape from here.
Not to accompany the bee.
And yet, the bees attacked continuously, causing the work to make no progress.
If only they never attacked me. I have already secured enough food, so they should just leave me alone.
Well, they don't know such circumstances.

I have no choice but to make progress during the intervals of the attacks.
When it's being this cautious, it's already a suicidal act to leave from the nest.
It seems impossible to use my speed advantage to charge.
Even if my speed is 369, I can't display much power on the vertical wall and I can see the future that I got stabbed by the bees while climbing.

Ah, damn it.
I don't want to slow down here.
I don't know when that Earth Dragon will appear suddenly.
The Earth Dragon, suddenly?

Suddenly, a terrible chill ran.

What's this?
This is dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous!!!
I don't want to see it.
Although I don't want to see it, I must see it.

『Earth Dragon Alaba LV31 Failed to appraise its status』

The guy that I feared, came.
Moreover, it's looking at my nest.

W-what should I do?
No, I can't do anything.
It's impossible to do something.
There's no way I can do something against 'that'.
The only thing I can do is to pray that it will overlook me.

Such prayer was scattered.

The Earth Dragon opens its mouth.
Speaking of the greatest weapon of the dragon, it's definitely a breath attack.

A thunderous roar sounded.
A blast whirled up.
A vortex of destruction raged.

I don't know what happened exactly.
Although I don't know, only this becomes clear.
My nest disappeared together with the large rock that was made as a foundation.
Let alone the large rock, the wall at the back hollowed greatly.
A big crack ran on the remote wall from the center of explosion.
Moreover, the rock separates from the wall steadily.
Literally, collapsing.
As for my nest, more than half vanished at a blow.
The remaining upper part also broke after swallowed up by the collapsing wall.

I was in the upper part.
Perhaps, I avoided the direct hit of the attack that seemed to be a breath.
I fall together with the surrounding webs.
I struck the ground without being able to do anything.
Ouch.
HP decreased completely.
But, I'm still alive.
Although I'm alive, I don't know what's going to happen after this.
All depends on the Earth Dragon.

I'm covered in the webs.
Even though it's my own thread, I will still stick to it if I touch the adhesive part.
But, such a thing is not a problem now.
This might be lucky.
My body is covered in the bunch of threads, so I can't be seen from the outside.
A falling rock also won't hit me directly.
It might overlook me if I continue to hide here.

Having light expectation, I hold my breath.
I somehow manage to suppress my body that's trembling with fear.

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Fear Resistance LV1』》

The tremble somewhat calmed down.
Still, it's scary.
My body trembles helplessly.
It's scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, scary!

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Stealth LV2』 has become 『Stealth LV3』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV1』 has become 『Fear Resistance LV2』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Stealth LV3』 has become 『Stealth LV4』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV2』 has become 『Fear Resistance LV3』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Automatic HP Recovery LV1』 has become 『Automatic HP Recovery LV2』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV3』 has become 『Fear Resistance LV4』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Stealth LV4』 has become『Stealth LV5』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Fear Resistance LV4』 has become 『Fear Resistance LV5』》




The voice of heaven pulled back my consciousness.
Or, it might be thanks to the "Fear Resistance" that level up at a stretch while I'm trembling.
I don't know how long I have hid myself here.
Judging from the way of the skill level up, I understand that I hold my breath for a considerably long time.
Although I thought that I can check the stamina to know the time, the stamina didn't decrease for some reason.

I strip off the thread that coil around my body with "Thread Manipulation".
It's understood that the "Spider Thread" property can be changed to some extent if I matched it with "Thread Manipulation".
I decrease the adhesion and remove it from my body.
I crawl out from the bunch of threads slowly.
The Earth Dragon was not there anymore.

I was saved.

14 comments:

  1. Please bring the next chapter as quickly as possible in the next few hours maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. > The guy that I feared of, came.
    remove "of"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant wait for the day she eats the dragon Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh.. close call..
    thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dragon roar once, and main ran, then, a lot of skill level up :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dunno, she gains skill levels rather fast specially for the fear resistance, i know that people experience fear possibly equal to the fear she had but i don't think that their fear resistance would increase just as fast,
    Is it simply because she's a monster?

    ReplyDelete