Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 50

Chapter 50.
Skill Appraisal! and....Magic?


Hope the skill description is understandable. If not, just fix my bad english.

Names again:

不快 = Unpleasant (Lol. Better one please) Disturb
幻痛 = Phantom Pain
濃影 = Dark Shadow
毒触 = Poison Touch

50 Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko☆

『Automatic HP Recovery:Gradually recovers HP over time. Even wounds that can't be recovered naturally can be recovered』
『Poison Fang:A poison attribute attack with the fangs』
『Poison Synthesis:Consume MP to purify and customize the poison. The poison that can be synthesized differs depending on the level. LV1:Weak Poison』
『Spider Thread:A special skill owned by the spider-type creature. Able to produce customizable threads. Customize field:Viscosity, elasticity, resilience, texture, strength, size』
『Thread Manipulation:Threads can be manipulated freely』
『Throw:Increases the power and accuracy when throwing something』
『Concentration:The ability to concentrate increases』
『Accuracy:Increases the hit rate in every situation』
『Appraisal:Read the information of something』
『Detect:A skill that combines all perception-type skills. Overview:Magic Perception, Magic Formula Perception, Material Perception, Presence Perception, Danger Perception, Motion Perception, Heat Perception, Reaction Perception, Space Perception』
『Stealth:Conceals presence』
『Night Vision:Sight will still function even if there's no light source』
『Visible Range Expansion:Visible light range is expanded』
『Poison Resistance:The defensive ability against the poison attribute increases』
『Paralysis Resistance:The defensive ability against paralysis attribute increases』
『Petrifaction Resistance:The defensive ability against petrifaction attribute increases』
『Acid Resistance:The defensive ability against the acid attribute increases』
『Corrosion Resistance:The defensive ability against corrosion attribute increases』
『Fear Resistance:It becomes harder to sense fear」
『Pain Nullity:The ability restriction of the body and mind by pain are nullified』
『Pain Alleviation:Pain is mitigated. When doing so, danger signal continues』

I appraised the remaining skills.
Although the result was approximately the same as I expected it, there were several new discoveries too.

First of all, the true colors of the "Visible Range Expansion" becomes clear.
This, in short, I can see infrared rays or ultraviolet rays?
But, I can't see such a thing at present.
Is it because it's still level 1?
Or, there are neither infrared rays nor ultraviolet rays in the dungeon.
Well, it's not something to be troubled even if I can't see it, so it's doesn't matter too much.

And, I understood something when I examined the resistance-type guys, but a rather terrible fact becomes clear.
Although most of the resistance were the same as the name, there's one guy that doesn't match with its name.

『Corrosion Attribute:The attribute controlling the decay of death』
(『腐蝕属性:死の崩壊を司る属性』TL note: not sure about this)

What's that scary thing.
I certainly thought that it was a resistance that I would be fine even if I eat rotten things, but it looks like it's a strange attribute.
This resistance rose when I ate the snail insect, so does that means that that guy has this attribute?
Uwa.
No wonder it doesn't has the taste of the world.
Un.
I will really make sure that eating the snail insect is the last resort.

And, the next one I'm interested in is "Detect".
"Detect", it's more efficient than I thought.
What's with that all perception-type skills?
No matter how I think, how can 100 skill points acquire such a high-performance skill?
I mean, can't I activate it individually?
It's impossible to do it.
I have already tried a lot of times, but it looks like I can only activate all of them.
The only thing I can change is the ON and OFF. There's no individual activation.
Although I wanted to activate the "Presence Perception" and "Danger Perception", because I have to activate all of them, I don't know which perception that grasp the information.
I mean, there's no way my small head can handle such a large quantity of information.
It won't end with just a headache.
Or rather, the level rose again even though I only tried it out a little.
Needless information increases even more making me to lose my reasoning.
It won't be useful unless I have a skill that can improve the result of my head.
Although it's too good because it's highly efficient, it's useless because it's highly efficient.
Cast pearls before swine. Cast "Detect" before spider.
Haa.



Well, the last one.
Depending on this appraisal result, my future might change greatly.
That is the appraisal of the three kinds of magic.
Up until now, I didn't know how to use it, so I had no choice but to leave it as it is.
The skill that should be useful if it's usable.
If I can use this, then it's okay for me to call myself a magician.
Yosh.
Appraisal-san, please!

『Heresy Magic:The magic that violates the soul directly. The magic that can be used differs depending on the level. LV1:Disturb LV2:Phantom Pain』
『Shadow Magic:A low rank Dark Magic that manipulates shadow. The magic that can be used differs depending on the level. LV1:Dark Shadow』
『Poison Magic:The magic that manipulates poison. The magic that can be used differs depending on the level. LV1:Poison Touch』

Oh?
Oun? ( おうん?)
Un.
Subtle.
No, although it's a large progress if it's compared with the time I don't know anything, still, I don't know how to use it.
The "Heresy Magic", in short, is it a mental attack-type magic?
The shadow and poison are the same as it is.
And, apparently, the spell that is usable at level 1 is there.
Although it's there, how do you use it?
Is it the same as "Appraisal", where I just need to pray silently?

Yosh.
Then, 「Disturb」!
...
...
...
Nothing happens.
No, it might only be a misfire because there's no target.
Let's try a different one.
 「Dark Shadow」!
...
...
...
Nothing happens.
 「Poison Touch」!
...
...
...
Nothing happens.
MP didn't decrease too.
Rather than misfire, it didn't even activate at all.
Seriously.
No, although I have a little expectations on it, it's no good after all.
No, wait?
If I examine magic with "Appraisal", I might get a hint.

『Magic:The thing that establish as a phenomenon after magical power is changed by the skill』
(『魔法:魔力をスキルで変化させ、現象として確立させたもの』TL note: this too)

Un, it's useless.
Aah, it looks like I still can't use magic.
Shit.
It looks like the day when I will call myself as Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko is still far.
Damn it.

46 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, being Mahou Shoujo is still a lot safer than being Puella Magi.

      Delete
    2. Arachnida Magi Kumoko /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

      Delete
    3. NO Kyubi!!! Bad Kyubi!!! stay away from the spider!!!!

      Delete
  2. Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg my sides owwwww ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko ah ah ah

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko, here to poison your heart.'

    ROFLLLLL!!!!! Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I can imagine an arachne in black Gothic dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although it is far from the literal meaning : for 不快, "disturb" might work ?
    Well, it is hard to know the actual effect just from the name alone, but I am guessing that it is supposed to cause a slight discomfort in the target.
    Or... it could cause the feeling of a slight depression ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ☆Mahou Kumojou Magical Kumoko☆

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instead of "light range", how about "light spectrum"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about that because the kanji is 可視光域

      Delete
  9. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. >I will really make
    I will really make sure

    >it's high efficient
    it's highly efficient
    (twice)

    >Up until now, I don't know how to use it, so I have no choice but to leave it as it is.
    Up until now, I didn't know how to use it, so I had no choice but to leave it as it is.

    >Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko
    Looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed. Is the last one your personal comment? Anyway, thanks

      Delete
    2. It is. Thank you for your translation. See my chosen name.

      Delete
  11. Suggestion for the skills. Instead of "plus correction", just say that the skill increases whatever stat.
    Example:
    『Throw:Increases the power and accuracy for throwing something』

    ReplyDelete
  12. Detect sounds so OP..
    Wonder if Kumoko will name her skills ala magical girl now..
    Embrace my thread of love! ♡
    ☆*:.。.Shining Silk Cocoon!.。.:*☆

    Rather than a plus correction, wouldn't saying it simply an increase work?
    For example:
    Throw: Increase power and accuracy when throwing sth
    Accuracy: Increase hit rate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for Powerful it would be
      Increases Average Offensive Ability equivalent to the skill level.
      Maybe?

      Delete
    2. You're welcome.
      Umm, for Automatic HP Recovery, I think
      『Gradually recovers HP over time.』
      sounds better.

      Delete
  13. Magic to give your enemies the creeps, "disturb" seems a little redundant when being cast by a giant spider. :P

    But the poison magic may be useful since it can nullify poison making meals a bit more bearable. Even more so if she can find a way to combine it with thread manipulation and have a poisonous attack web.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually want her to eat more of the snails... XD

    Thanks so much for all your hard work, you are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poison synthesis is actually really good, being able to change her poison from a lethal one into a paralysing one or a hallucinogenic one is awesome. High Level applications might even give her aerosol poison... not to mention that she this way can poison the water supply, and potentially get an even stronger poison than what she has...

    Still waiting for her to get the ancient curse skill from being the last poisonous bug in a pile of poison bugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read raw to latest chapter and I still don't know if those monsters need to drink any water.
      and there're some monsters that I can't even imagine how they will find water to drink.

      Delete
    2. i feel like rather than water they might just drink blood , i mean they eat meat raw so it makes sense that they hidrate with the blood of theyr prey .

      Delete
  16. Did she not get "hit" as well?

    ReplyDelete
  17. resistance were the same as the name, there's one guy that doesn't match with its name. Corrosion
    How is it not the same?
    『Poison Resistance:The defensive ability against the poison attribute increases』
    『Paralysis Resistance:The defensive ability against paralysis attribute increases』
    『Petrifaction Resistance:The defensive ability against petrifaction attribute increases』
    『Acid Resistance:The defensive ability against the acid attribute increases』
    『Corrosion Resistance:The defensive ability against corrosion attribute increases』
    『Fear Resistance:It becomes harder to sense fear」

    See only fear is different

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feel like he should "buy" "mind filter" or something so detect is manageable

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phantom Pain. Punished 'Venom' Spider.
    Such lust for revenge
    WHOOOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko! LoL!

    It's good that you can call youseft that. It's jinx! you know!!

    Because the anime is a real tragedy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol, the sidestory mc boy is still more op than her, after everything is revealed, the truth really hurts that she really is weak....physically

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk how the seperate timelines still arent being understood by readers at this point. human is years old, kumo is months at most.

      Delete
    2. The only thing he had better than her really was his magic skills which he got from having a teacher those same skills raised the equivalent stat hence why those stats were higher. He also got sword training probably. Basically anyone can be better if they have a teacher she didn't. The only real cheat i saw was blessed by god i think it was and the freaken 10,000 skill points. Now that part is highly unfair.

      Delete
    3. Oh and humans don't evolve at least i don't think so I'm sure she will have a massive leg up there.

      Delete
  22. Why oh why would you not appraise the name of the spells? MC BAKA!!!

    ReplyDelete