Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 52

Chapter 52.
This chapter's title is 糸しさと切なさと心強さと. The threadness comes from itoshisa(糸しさ). It's a pun from the word 愛しさ.

Name:

斬糸 = Decapitation Thread (Maybe something like slash works better)



52 Threadness and sadness and heartening and

Stealthily.
Right, alright!
Left, alright!
Front, target!

『Elro Kohokoro LV7 
 HP:67/89(Green)
 MP:21/21(Blue)
 SP:79/79(Yellow)
   :54/85(Red)
 Failed to appraise its status』

There's a monster resembling the pill bug in front.
Although the body is a pill bug, the head looks like a mouse.
I want it to be clear whether it's a mammal or an insect.
If it's a pill bug, then its defensive ability will rise when it becomes rounded.
When I fight against the turtle monster before, it withdrew into its shell and I had a hard time dealing with it.
Well, if it got caught in my threads, its movement will be restricted before it can become rounded.

Thus, Cast Net, standby.
Terya! ( てりゃ!)
Hit!
The rest is just a piece of cake with "Thread Manipulation".

《Conditions met. Title 『Thread User』 was acquired》
《By the effects of the title 『Thread User』, skill 『Thread Manipulation LV1』『Decapitation Thread LV1』 was acquired》
《『Thread Manipulation LV1』 has unified with 『Thread Manipulation LV5』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Thread Manipulation LV5』 has become 『Thread Manipulation LV6』》

Oh?
Ooh?
I acquired a title!
The title "Thread User"?
The "Thread User" that can titillate the chuunibyou?

Hey, pill bug, I will finish it quickly because I have no time to care about you.
Okay?
No?
"No" rejected.
Therefore, "Poison Fang", "Poison Fang".
And carry it to the shade of a rock.

Well then, let's verify the title I acquired at once.
"Thread User", the acquisition condition is as expected, is it keep using the threads?
Hmm?
If so, then it doesn't seem to be strange that I could acquire the title a little earlier.
Or it might be a different condition.

Well, there's no help for it even if I think about the acquisition condition of the title that I have acquired.
The most important thing is whether the title is useful or not.
And, there's a conviction.
This title is useful.
No, well, it showed the results already because the level of "Thread Manipulation" rose.
The importance of the "Thread Manipulation" increases day by day and I'm very glad that the level rose.
Even with this much only, it shows the worth of this title.

But, my interest are fixed in the other skill.
"Decapitation Thread".
Don't you think that it's a word that titillates the chuunibyou?
In short, it's that, right?
It's the one that I can slash my enemies with the thread, right?

Ri-ridiculous!
An invisible slash!?
What!?
What it's cut with!?
Ku, th-this is thread!?

Such development can be done, right?
Uha.
Good.
This is good.

Well, even if it's such chuunibyou, this seems to be an increase to my strength.
Up until now, my only weapon is my "Poison Fang".
Finally, my amount of weapons increases.
And in addition to that, my main weapon that is my thread is going to be that weapon.

Oops, I haven't appraised it and experiment it yet, so I shouldn't be delighted with it.
First of all, "Appraisal".

『Decapitation Thread:Gives the decapitation attribute to the thread』

Umu.
The effect is as shown in the name.
Here, I thought what should I do if it was an astounding effect.

For now, one of the concerns has disappeared.
The remaining problems are whether or not it can be applied to the "Spider Thread, whether or not it can be activated and what degree of effect it has in level 1.

The pill bug that was killed a while ago is helpful here!
Now, become my guinea pig.

First of all, I release "Spider Thread".
First, I make the strength to max and the adhesiveness to zero.
I swing the thread towards the pill bug while praying "Decapitation Thread" silently.
Oh, it looks like I activated it properly.

The thread got repelled by the body of the pill bug.
Muu.
As expected, it doesn't has such power at level 1.
Ah, but there's a small wound.
Isn't this enough for a level 1?
Up until now, most level 1 skills are lacking in some parts, so this skill is considerably high performance because it can leave a wound on the body of the pill bug.

Come to think of it, how's the consumption?
Did my MP decrease?
MP didn't decrease.
SP, because of the effect of "Overeating", I don't know much about it.
But, when thinking about "Poison Synthesis", I think that it shouldn't be without any consumption.
Then, although the red gauge didn't decrease at all, I think that it decrease a little internally.
Although I don't know how much is the normal consumption, the cost performance doesn't seem to be bad.
In addition, the red stamina gauge will last long by "Overeating" in the future, so it's good.

Next, I try giving adhesiveness to the thread.
I attack the pill bug in the same way as a while ago.
Hmm?
Mmm.
Although it activated properly, it didn't leave a wound.

Well, about here, it's as expected.
I experimented on the "Spider Thread" variously, and I understood that there's a limit in the customizable field.
For example, it becomes difficult to give resilience when I maximize the adhesiveness.
Although it's possible to do it, the effect becomes smaller.
There's a limit in the property that I can give to the thread at a time, it's like distributing each property.
Therefore, by giving the adhesiveness to the thread, I think that it's impossible to give the maximum decapitation attribute.
Although the adhesion and the slash property are not compatible, it doesn't seem to be realistic.

But, the "Decapitation Thread" is a considerably good skill.
The compatibility with me is outstandingly good.
I should raise the skill level quickly.

That's why, Pill Bug-kun.
Although I'm whipping the already dead you more and more, you will have to accompany me to raise my skill level.
I continued hitting the pill bug with "Decapitation Thread".

39 comments:

  1. How nice, Kumo-chan became a chunni ^^

    how horrifying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are the humans of that world ready for chuuni spider girls? I don't think so.

      Delete
    2. chuuni dominatrix spider girls.

      Doubt any world is ready for them.

      Delete
  2. first?
    Thx for translating this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter!
    Third~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kumo-chan was a girl, she is now whipping the bug with a thread....Dominatrix Spider?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a big spider in SM queen suit wielding spider thread whip?

      Delete
    2. Kumo-chan is evolving into Rachne-chan from Monster Musume...

      Delete
  6. Playing with your food, kumoko-chan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharpness and stickiness is a bad combo anyways, you don't want the bodies to get stuck on your cutting tool. but i guess it was a good example to use to experiment with...

    After a few level ups in this skill, she ought to be able to deal with the bugswarm from before. If she is able to max out durability and sharpness she can turn those tunnels into her very own meatgrinder.

    Until the dragon comes and blows the whole thing up, at least

    ReplyDelete
  8. I trully hope that one day, that kumo will be able to become humanoid.

    Imagine, mahou shoujo spiderwoman decapitating her enemy with invisible poisonous thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine more of an spider woman with the human upper body and spider bottom and legs. Also the possibility of full human shape and spider legs.

      Delete
    2. that or she will lok like Elize of League of legends xD

      Delete
    3. There is always the possibility of her looking like Spinnerette

      Delete
    4. I imagined her as the woman version of spiderman. Crossdressed as a butler that could shoot out threads of death from below his palm (just like how spiderman shoots out threads)

      Delete
  9. thanks for another set of releases

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pillbug with a mouse head... isn't that just an armadillo? Mahou Shoujo Magical Kumoko (tentative), you need to read up on the big book of animals?

    My thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. S-Spider... M,Meatbun is not s-scared..
    Thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ☆Sadistic Mahou Shoujo: Magical Kumoko☆ will punish you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. >a word that titillate
    a word that titillates

    >this seem
    this seems

    >my amount of weapons increase
    my amount of weapons increases

    >I haven't appraise
    I haven't appraised

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the chapter :3

    this kumo-chan status in chapter 150......

    Zana follower and LV1 unnamed
    Status
    HP: 4293/4293 (green) +1800 (1801up)
    MP: 13292/13292 (blue) +1800 (4182up)
    SP: 2873/2873 (Yellow) (1060up)
    : 1445/2873 (red) (1060up)
    The average attack capability: 2833 (1141up)
    Average defense capability: 2904 (1141up)
    Average magic ability: 12599 (3841up)
    Average resistance capacity: 12545 (3841up)
    Average speed capability: 8361 (2821up)

    ....and more cheat skill(can't translate)

    Y little cute spider become to this?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rather than decapitation thread, wouldn't 斬糸 be Cleaving Thread or Severing Thread instead?
    Thank you for your translation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its S M play Training!!
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! I've been trying to comment for a while now, but what do you think of thread slash instead? I know it's a bit late but I think it sounds smoother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will continue using Severing Thread. Anyway, thanks for suggesting.

      Delete
  19. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now imagine you walk in on this what would you do?
    Me I would turn go home all the while saying nope nope fucking nope nope all the way home with double bird flip

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please dont lay with your food...!!!!
    you make me want to play with my food too...!!!

    ReplyDelete