Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 53

Chapter 53.
Today is not gonna end with 2.
Changes made in this chapter:

Decapitation Thread → Severing Thread


53 I have become stronger even if it's a little

The skill level of "Severing Thread" rose to 3 because I kept tormenting the pill bug.
Although I wanted to continue it more, there's no help for it because the pill bug has entered the state that's impossible to talk about without mosaic.
Although it still can't leave a big wound at level 3, it's like piling up the garbage.
Pill bug, I think that I probably won't forget you.
Of course, I ate it after that.
As usual, it was bad.

When I think about it, it was not necessary to make the pill bug to accompany me.
I can just hit the rock nearby.
Oh dear, it's loss that the pill bug was killed?
No no, I'm sure that the pill bug is crying with pleasure because I was benefited.
Eh, fiend?
I don't know what it is.

And then, when I just finished tormenting the pill bug, I'm not sure whether or not I were drawn by the sound, but a different monster came.

『Anogratch LV8 Failed to appraise its status』

It was a monster that I saw for the first time.
It's a monkey-like monster measuring around 2 meters.
Even the status appraisal failed and if possible, I want to pass through it, but it was not possible because I was found.

Well, I managed to win somehow.
Although it looks like the other party was the type that's confident in its own quickness, I was better.
I kept dodging the attacking monkey's arm and I attacked it in an instant chance. And finally, I succeeded in capturing it with "Spider Thread".

I was really scared.
No, I'm serious.
It's been a long time since I experience such serious battle.
Moreover, this monkey is fairly strong.
The sound when the arm swung is terrifying and it's not a laughing matter.
I would die if it hits me.
That's why, I avoided it desperately.
If I had a mouth, I would scream.
Kyaa?
Of course, I would "kyaa!".

I wonder whether or not I acquired a skill called "Evasion" because I kept avoiding desperately.
When I appraise it, it was a skill that raises evasion.
I did it, I acquired a speed specialization skill!
Furthermore, I leveled up at the moment when I defeat the monkey.

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Taratect LV3 has become LV4》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Concentration LV1』 has become 『Concentration LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Throw LV1』 has become 『Throw LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Accuracy LV1』 has become 『Accuracy LV2』》
《Skill points gained》

Three skills went up at a stretch.
I'm very glad that all are simply useful skills.
A level rose, and this is my status now.

『Small Taratect LV4 No name 
Status
 HP:40/40(Green)
 MP:40/40(Blue)
 SP:40/40(Yellow)
   :40/40(Red)
 Average Offensive Ability:22
 Average Defensive Ability:22
 Average Magic Ability:20
 Average Resistance Ability:20
 Average Speed Ability:390
Skill
 「Automatic HP Recovery LV2」「Poison Fang LV8」「Poison Synthesis LV1」「Spider Thread LV8」「Severing Thread LV3」「Thread Manipulation LV6」「Throw LV2」「Concentration LV2」「Accuracy LV2」「Evasion LV1」「Appraisal LV7」「Detect LV4」「Stealth LV5」「Heresy Magic LV2」「Shadow Magic LV1」「Poison Magic LV1」「Overeating LV3」「Night Vision LV10」「Visible Range Expansion LV1」「Poison Resistance LV7」「Paralysis Resistance LV3」「Petrifaction Resistance LV2」「Acid Resistance LV3」「Corrosion Resistance LV3」「Fear Resistance LV5」「Pain Nullity」「Pain Alleviation LV5」「Powerful LV2」「Sturdy LV2」「Idaten LV2」「Taboo LV2」「n%I=W」』

As usual, the status other than speed are low.
If I don't have "Idaten", then my speed will also be low, and in that case, my merit will only be my threads.
"Idaten" is useful in various ways.

Although I'm glad that a lot rose at a stretch, it's bad to take it easy.
There might be other monsters that got drawn besides the monkey.
For the time being, I'll eat the monkey.

Umu.
This guy doesn't have poison.
There's no bitterness.
But, there's a peculiar bad smell and it's also not delicious.
The cow and pig in my previous life were great.

Although my stamina is full, it's not wasted thanks to the "Overeating" skill.
When I first saw the "Overeating" skill, I thought it has a negative effect and I was considerably cautious of it, but it was a fairly good skill.

Although I said it before, my stamina dependency is considerably high.
My stamina is consumed when I release threads and when I'm running.
Therefore, this skill that can stock stamina excessively has a good compatibility with me.
If I can use magic, then the burden on my stamina might decrease a little, but there's no help for it to plead on nothing.

Speaking of magic, I appraised the details of each magic spell.

『Disturb:Plants discomfort directly into the soul』
『Phantom Pain:Plants illusion pain directly into the soul』
『Dark Shadow:The shadow thickens』
『Poison Touch:Adds the poison attribute attack to the touched target』

It looks like the effect of "Disturb" is just as its name, a mind attack.
"Phantom Pain" and "Disturb" are both similar.
Although "Poison Touch" seems to be a strong magic to learn at level 1, it's level 1 after all, so there might be a pitfall.
"Dark Shadow" is just as it's name, but how to use it?
Un.
Like using it together with a higher level "Shadow Magic"?
Then, this won't be useful when it's the only one.

Well, either way, it's not usable.
Now, that I have finished eating the monkey, let's move quickly.

17 comments:

  1. confident of
    >confident in

    >If I have a mouth, I would scream.
    If I had a mouth, I would scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Kumoko-chan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 様様 - (useful) in various way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well "dark shadow" probably needs light since there is no shadows in darkness, soul magic is probably a weird concept, but poison touch should be easy, but sounds weird for being a close combat magic since you need to touch your opponent, but if voiceless incantation is possible it is perfect for assassinations in human society

    ReplyDelete
  5. use poison magic to boost poison fang even further.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Kumo-chan is working up towards eating people!
    Monkey was the tastiest so far, but still didn't taste good. She needs to try a bite of hooman~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I know I'm way WAY behind in terms of chapters... But I really need to say this. This is just a hypothesis of something that Kumoko-chan doesn't seem to have thought of(although, she might end up thinking about it later on. no idea.)

    Basically... When she uses her threads... why not also use the Poison Touch magic on the threads to give it the poison attribute. Like on the threads of her home... or on the cast net... or on the projectiles she makes with threads... or on the decapitation thread... etc.^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor spider. Now you face the nightmare.

    ReplyDelete