Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 57

Chapter 57.


57 The defensive battle of 100 meters above ground ③

I scatter the thread recklessly.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Concentration LV2』 has become 『Concentration LV3』》

The skill level of "Concentration" rose maybe because I concentrated considerably.
It doesn't matter now.
As expected, the composure has disappeared.

The monkeys lie on top of one another before my eyes and get covered with threads.
Still, the number of monkeys doesn't decrease.
Instead it's increasing steadily.
Although the number of monkeys that can't act increases, the number of reinforcement is more.
As if all the monkeys are gathering in this area.

My MP only left 2.
When the MP becomes 0 completely, I don't know what adverse effects exist, so I can't use my MP anymore.
It becomes impossible to use "Thread Manipulation".

But, at present, the effects are little.
Because the first wave of the monkeys have already approached within a stone's throw.
The enemy has approached to the distance that I don't need to use my "Thread Manipulation".

I release a thread.
Again, one of the monkeys got entangled by the thread.
Moreover, that guy took an unbelievable action.

It jumped off.

A dull sound is heard and the monkey struck the ground.
When it's this height, as expected, a monster will not survive.
The monkeys weigh on the options either to die itself or to become an obstruction to its comrades, but the monkey choose to die.

Impossible.
The abnormality makes me shivers.
I have a light expectation that if I continue to intercept them, the monkeys might give up sooner or later, but it was smashed splendidly.
The monkeys won't stop until I'm killed.
There's only 2 choice to end this, either I finish killing all the monkeys or the monkeys kill me.

A stone is thrown to me.
But, I won't avoid it anymore.
There's no time to avoid it.
A stone hits my body.
My HP decreases.
Still, I ignore it by the power of "Pain Alleviation" and "Pain Nullity".
I will leave the decreased HP to automatic recovery.
At the moment when the stone hit, I continue to scatter the threads.
If I don't do so, I can't overcome this difficult situation.

I made light of the monkeys somewhere.
It's not a big deal if I compare it with the Earth Dragon.
Certainly, most monsters are not a big deal if they are compared with 'that'.
But, it's not a good reason to make light of them.
Am I an idiot?
Did I forget my own weakness?
Compared with the weak me, it can be said that the surroundings is full of powerful enemies.
Why did I think that I'm taking on a small fry?

Moreover, the opponent launches a suicide attack unhesitatingly even against the lower rank me.
When a higher rank monster attacks at the risk of its life, there's no way I can overcome it foolishly.
When it comes to this, I have to steel myself and challenge it.

A stone hits my body again.
For an instant.
Really for an instant, I flinched from the impact.
In the chance, one of the monkeys finally gripped my leg.
It stretch out its right arm while more than half of its body being caught.

An unpleasant creaking sound can be heard from my leg.
I thrust my "Poison Fang" into the hand that's gripping my leg while enduring the pain.

It was approximately simultaneous that my leg was partly torn off and the monkey ran out of energy.

It's painful.
This is extremely painful.
It's painful even though I have "Pain Alleviation".
Can the "Automatic HP Recovery" recover my lost part?
Or, I recover by level up.

But, now's not the time to worry about my lost leg.
Time was gained considerably by that just now.
Another monkey climbs at once.
I release a thread.
I became impatient.
My remaining stamina decreased again.

The monkey that caught the thread, jumps out into the empty sky as it is.
I release the next thread without watching its fate.

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Taratect LV4 has become LV5》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Concentration LV3』 has become 『Concentration LV4』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Accuracy LV3』 has become 『Accuracy LV4』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Sturdy LV2』 has become 『Sturdy LV3』》
《Skill points gained》

At the moment when I heard the voice, I evacuate quickly in the simple home.
Although it's a good timing, it's also bad.
The shedding of skin.
I take off the old skin impatiently.
The torn leg has recovered without problem too.
I throw off the old skin and return to the front immediately.
When it's this situation, even the little time spend on the shedding of skin is fatal.

As expected, a monkey cling to the simple home.
Finally, the monkeys' threat have approached the final defense line.

Both MP and SP that ran out before recovered by level up.
But, I might already pass the stage to be able to do something with that.

No.
There's still a way.
I stretch my legs out from the edge of the simple home.

Even though my leg is gripped by the monkey, I don't care!
I touch the scattered threads that have become a huge lump of threads now.
I activate "Thread Manipulation" with all my power.
My power gradually penetrates in the thread.
The skill level rose and the number of threads that I can manipulate increased considerably too.
As expected, it's impossible to manipulate this lump, but still, it's good.

The recovered MP decreases at an awful force equivalent to the amount.
And, the gripped leg makes an unpleasant sound again.
At the same time, my whole body is pulled towards the outside of the simple home.
The monkey's arm stretch from the outside.
I somehow avoided it from gripping my head.
But, my body was caught.
The monkey puts its power to crush my body without mercy.
HP decreases rapidly, and an intense pain runs.

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Life LV1』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Magic Amount LV1』》

The threads preparation completed at the same time as the voice of heaven.
I exert my remaining strength and manipulate the threads.

The threads come off and falls from the wall according to my instructions.
Of course, together with the monkeys that are stuck there.
Together with a roaring sound, the lump of the threads and the troop of monkeys that can be called as the another wall becomes the aspect, and it falls toward the troop of monkeys that remained on the ground.

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Taratect LV5 has become LV6》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Thread Manipulation LV6』 has become 『Thread Manipulation LV7』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Overeating LV3』 has become 『Overeating LV4』》
《Skill points gained》

《Experience points has reached a certain degree. Individual, Small Taratect LV6 has become LV7》
《Every basic ability rose》
《Level Up Bonus:Skill Proficiency was acquired》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Pain Alleviation LV5』 has become 『Pain Alleviation LV6』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Stealth LV5』 has become 『Stealth LV6』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Evasion LV1』 has become 『Evasion LV2』》
《Skill points gained》

I succeeded in killing a large amount of monkeys in one go.

12 comments:

  1. First? Thx for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, exciting chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, exciting chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter! Wow. Nice plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ger Life, but does magic amount increases MP capacity or increases average magic power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fast update

    ReplyDelete
  7. As expected, AoE grinding is better than one by one~

    ReplyDelete
  8. power leveling! Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanks for the chapter ^-^

    ReplyDelete