Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter S6

S6.

Translating this is hard. First of all, the king's name:
Suggest me a better one. This one is just weird.

メイジェス・デルア・アナレイト = Magus Delua Anareich

Next, I will list up the skills I'm not sure with:
Changed some of the skill names:

魔闘法 = Magic Combat Act
魔力付与 = Magic Granting
魔力撃 = Magic Attack? Offensive Magic Power
気闘法 = Fighting Spirit
気力付与 = Vitality Granting
魔量 = Magic Amount?
術師 = Technique User (Any better one?) Magician
護法 = Protection (No idea how to translate this)
Hit → Accuracy
x Enhancement → Enhanced x


S6 Status

When I pass through the door, the big venue catches my eyes.
A red carpet extends straight from the door and ahead of it, there's a pedestal and a man waiting behind it.
A large number of people close to the wall, look at the state here quietly.
Everyone who attend this ceremony are all senior nobles.

Sue and I walk silently on the carpet.
I have received lectures for this day to walk majestically.
Although the gaze of the nobles pierce me, I try to not be conscious on it as much as possible.

Before long, I arrived before the pedestal.
Sue and I stop there and get down on our knees.
The man who waited behind the pedestal is the present king who is our father, Magus Delua Anareich.

「From here, I will hold the appraisal ceremony」

The voice of the king full of dignity sounds in the hall.
Although I say that he's my father, I have only met him a few times.
Therefore, rather than blood relatives, the feeling of a relative who's a great person is stronger.
Because of that, the tension is overwhelming.
Even now the king continues to talk, but it doesn't enters my head.

「Then, Shurein Zagan Anareich. Stand」
「Yes」

I stand up according to the king's call.

「Start the appraisal」

I move forward several steps and get on the stool placed in front of the pedestal.
If there's no stool, I won't be able to reach the pedestal at my current height.
A black stone was inserted in the pedestal.
The stone is the appraisal stone, but it's smaller than I thought.
It's the size that can fit into the palm of an adult.
I put my hands on the appraisal stone while thinking unexpectedly.
As I was lectured beforehand, I try to have appraisal in my mind.
It succeeded easily and my status was displayed.

『Human race LV1 Name Shurein・Zagan・Anareich
Status
 HP:35/35(Green)
 MP:348/348(Blue)
 SP:35/35(Yellow)
   :35/35(Red)
 Average Offensive Ability:20(Details)
 Average Defensive Ability:20(Details)
 Average Magic Ability:314(Details)
 Average Resistance Ability:299(Details)
 Average Speed Ability:20(Details)
Skill
 「Magic Perception LV8」「Magic Manipulation LV8」「Magic Combat Act LV6」「Magic Granting LV5」「Offensive Magic Power LV3」「MP Recovery Speed LV7」「MP Consumption Down LV2」「Sword Talent LV3」「Enhanced Destruction LV2」「Fighting Spirit LV2」「Vitality Granting LV1」「Concentration LV5」「Accuracy LV1」「Evasion LV1」「Enhanced Vision LV4」「Enhanced Hearing LV7」「Enhanced Smell LV2」「Enhanced Taste LV1」「Enhanced Touch LV1」「Life LV5」「Magic Amount LV8」「Agility LV5」「Endurance LV5」「Powerful LV5」「Sturdy LV5」「Magician LV8」「Protection LV7」「Dash LV5」「Divine Protection of Heaven」「n%I=W」
 Skill Points:100000』

I can see the status.
At the same time, the appraisal result of the status was displayed in the screen-like thing attached to the wall in front.
The screen is connected to the appraisal stone, thus, the appraisal result can be displayed in the big screen.
This world doesn't seem to have the concept of personal information.

A commotion occurs.
The king speaks to pacifies it, but the commotion didn't settled.
My status must be really out of the standard.
Still, it was just as I expected.

My magic-related ability value is considerably high.
Anna can vouch for it.
Compared with the physical ability that is appropriate as my age.
No, it seems to be considerably higher than others in the same age, but it's not out of the standard like magic.
So, it became such an unbalance status.

As for the skills, I roughly know that there's a voice called Divine Words (神言) that will inform you whenever a level rose or a skill is acquired.
However, I have two unknown skills.
"Divine Protection of Heaven" and the last unknown skill that looks like a garbled text.
I'm interested about the two skills and I appraise it.

『Divine Protection of Heaven:Protected by the divine protection of heaven. It becomes easier to obtain the desired result in every situation』
『n%I=W:Impossible to appraise』

What's this?
The "Divine Protection of Heaven" is terrific.
A skill that can be called as a cheat.
However, it says that it becomes easier to obtain it, so it won't be as I desire always.
Although it's a great skill, overconfidence is a taboo.

The unknown one is the other skill.
If the name is incomprehensible, the appraisal result is also incomprehensible.
I don't know what kind of skill it is at all.
It's also incomprehensible that this is the result from the best appraisal stone.
If this can't appraise it, then it's impossible to check the details of this skill.
Really incomprehensible.

「That, is it the same as the Duke's daughter?」
「Ah, that genius」
「However, His Highness is the same as the Duke's daughter, no, he has the talent more than that」

Just now, in the commotion, the word Duke's daughter can be heard here and there.
Is there a guy besides me who have the same status as me?
I don't think that there's such a guy other than Sue.....

「Quiet!」

To the shout of the king, the hall becomes quiet.
The king presents me a sheet of paper.
This paper is a magic tool connected to the appraisal stone and the appraisal result will be written on the paper with printing magic tool.
I receive it respectfully.
And, I bowed and withdrew behind.
With this, my appraisal is complete.

Next is Sue's turn.
It goes without saying that the hall become noisy again because Sue has almost the same result with me.
However, unlike me, Sue didn't have the "Divine Protection of Heaven" and the mysterious garbled text skill.

52 comments:

  1. uh I don't like the fact that this guy is more op than our kumo-chan :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea he's totally op but that just means he'll get a reality check sooner or later when he come across an enemy stronger/as strong as he is.

      while kumo-chan will have the good sense to run away well before anything happens.

      Delete
    2. @Pandemonium He isn't. Main and side stories aren't simultaneous (kumoko has been a few weeks-months at most in the dungeon, this guy is several years old) If we were speaking about same age, kumo-chan is more than OP

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. The Iron Throne of Westeros LOL

      Delete
    5. hmm... more OP?
      Perhaps, but all his talent was given to him without any effort put in at all. Kumo-chan has been fighting for her life the entire time... in the end, I think she's gonna be the most powerful and kawaii villain ever

      Delete
    6. No I think you are mistaken. Where did it state that he got it without effort. I am pretty sure it clearly stated that he trained in mana manipulation and most likely also mana perception which explains his magic related skills. For his physical skills well he is a prince so learning swordsmanship to a basic level is obvious he didn't just randomly get it he most likely had a training period but guess what he isn't the mc so there is no need for the author to go into detail for him. Plus he seems like a decent character so why does it seem like you guys want to bash him the mc will of course be better but there is no reason to hate a perfectly interesting character. I for one like to read the chapters about him.

      Delete
    7. Also what do you mean more OP. He really isn't its just she doesn't have an elite appraiser to appraise her skills if you remember she can act on skills she only laters finds out she has like her poison fang and such. Also why does he need a reality check he is not arrogant nor does he seem overly foolish. He seems to at least know that he isn't all powerful and that the world is still dangerous for him and that he can still be hurt or killed. So no I don't think he needs a reality check. Not trying to deny your ideas but I think its just a little odd why you guys seem to dislike him as a character so much.

      Delete
    8. And yes I know she has appraisal so no need for anyone to try to tell me that just remember its not at lvl 10 yet so some info could be missing.

      Delete
    9. Something like: "This guy killed the demon king" with Kuroko-chwan in a corner with a face like "And today to fucks were given" xD

      Delete
    10. Something like: "This guy killed the demon king" with Kuroko-chwan in a corner with a face like "And today to fucks were given" xD

      Delete
    11. +Tristan Sadler : "No I think you are mistaken. Where did it state that he got it without effort. I am pretty sure it clearly stated that he trained"

      You're right about that be it was just "theorical training" and he didn't encounter any real dificulty.
      Kumo-chan had it much harder than him (for now) so if they wer fighting with their current abilities, kumo-chan would win because she has more experience and would kill him almost instantly with her speed to avoid retalation...

      Delete
    12. +OneDreams54 I don't see why they have to fight ;_; didn't he have a sort of respect for the Baldy guy from that MMO that he played when he was on Earth? and that guy was played by Kumoko-chan iirc... I'd much rather have them meet and after a while of confusion or conflict (not necessarily a fight) they recognize each other (or reveal themselves to each other) and they become comrades ._.

      Delete
    13. It's been said often enough, but for clarity;

      The only things he's higher than her in, at this time, are the amount of skills, skill points and Magic Ability/Resistance, which don't even show up as stats for her (or haven't, anyway). In level, having been around for years at this point, he's still level 1 while Kumoko's had an evolution and multiple close-encounters. Furthermore, Kumoko essentially started in Hardcore mode with a specific 'hax' skill and mindset that's keeping her alive.

      Delete
    14. Combat experience is a part of strength. Because he hasn’t actually fought anything, his ability to fight should be less than his stats.

      Delete
    15. More like by the age of 5 she was already reaching the lvl of the demon king so theres no comparing whatsoever this damn spider is a redixulus cheet

      Delete
    16. Kumo-chan started with less skill points, she has to fight monsters much stonger than her to survive and this guy is in a much better environment to grow so it is plasible that he is strong than her.

      Delete
  2. Skill Points:100000
    That's... A lot of Skill Points. Alarmingly so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it might be 100000 since our spider can evolve and thereby gain more points

      Delete
    2. Unless he buys the immortality skill... I mean, it cant cost the combined amount as 100 new sills right?

      Delete
  3. The skills are shown in Status order:
    「Life LV5」=> Influence HP
    「Magic Amount LV8」=> Influence MP
    「Agility LV5」=> Influence SP
    「Endurance LV5」 => Influence 'Red'
    「Powerful LV5」=> Influence Offensive Ability
    「Sturdy LV5」=> Influence Defensive Ability
    「Technique User LV8」 => Influence Magic Ability.
    「Protection LV7」=> Influence Resistance
    「Dash LV5」 => Influence Speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the skills' effects?

      Delete
    2. The effect is a bit more complicated (some of those skills are stronger than others, even discounting the level) but each of those skills give a bonus to said stat.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That much SP at level 1 must be a side cheat with divine blessings. Spider only get 10 per levelup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can't evolve(Hope he won't evolve to High Human ...)

      Delete
    2. wait until you see the bestiary chapter...

      Delete
  7. Let's just cheer for kumo-chan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... I dont think he has appraisal skill from that list... so how come he can check the "Divine heaven protection" ? is it from the stone ?

    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either from the stone, or a 'hint' for later. Note: not even aware of what I might or what might not be talking about, carry on.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the new chapter! Wow at that status.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait.. my made-up song was right?! Wow..
    Thank you for the side chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just some thoughts on the abilities:

    For 魔力付与 does this refer to being able to buff others, or just a buff to the owner's magic. If it's just buffing your own magic, then it could be something like "Improved magic power".
    If 術師 only pertains to magic, then "Magician" works well here.
    Would "offensive magic power" work better for 魔力撃?
    Maybe "improved/enhanced mana pool" for 魔量.

    I'd go with "accuracy" instead of "hit", "sturdiness" instead of "sturdy", and "offensive power" instead of "powerful".
    Instead of "x enhancement", "enhanced x" is better. Ex: Enhanced smell vs. smell enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better to keep the names simplistic. In the case of powerful, "offensive power" doesn't reflect what it does or fit with the group of skills.

      Delete
    2. For 魔力付与, I think it's buffing/giving magic power to another person.
      I have made some changes in the skill names. Enhanced mana pool doesn't sounds right. Well, magic amount too. But, it seems that the skills that influence status are simple, so keeping it simple is probably the best. Anyway, thanks.

      Delete
    3. Alright, sounds good to me. Glad to help.

      Delete
  12. Yikes, that katakana really is something. Meijes Derua Anareito...

    I agree with Delua as the middle name - sounds good to me! I was trying to think of what "reito" could be, and ultimately I got Anareich. The "reyt" part in Anareyt doesn't seem to fit the faux-European/medieval setting (and I'm not a fan of the -y stuff in general, that's just me though). Process was something like reit -> right -> reich for similar sounding things?

    Mayjes is just super weird haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changed it to "reich". Thanks.
      Yeah. The Mayjes is really weird.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm. Forgive my presumptuousness, but couldn't "Mayjes" be shortened to "Magus?" Besides being a title, I HAVE seen Magus actually used as a name, so it could work.

    Although, Magus is apparently pronounced (MAY-gus), which doesn't make sense, as its plural, "magi," is pronounced (Mah-jayh), with a "J." Same with it's adjective, "magian." Maybe it's time to take some creative liberties? I'll leave the choice up to you.

    ...Or wait, this just occurred to me. Maybe the author tried to get Magus for the first name, and just got the pronunciation wrong? I don't know much about Japanese, but it certainly sounds like it could be what happened. Magus. Mayjes. Hmm.

    Well, again, the final decision lies with you. But I think Magus looks better. XD

    But anyway, enjoying your translation very much, this is Caleb Hawn, signing off. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the duke's daughter is probably a reincarnator as well. Just off the bat that is what I believe. Kumoko might rise to become the Maou the Strongest Demon Spider

    ReplyDelete
  16. About the 'garbled skill'... % is the modulo operator. So, I keep seeing it as an equation rather than garbage text.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate him even more than before, why he got so many skill and skill point for free? You say he train for that skills? Go Fu*k yourself he is serval years old how can baby train so much to gain so many fucking skills on so high level? And this Fu*king blessing hahahaha hahahaha so fuc*ing funny joke , go die with rest of you cheat overpowered asshole kumoku-chan is love kumoku-chan is life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruh, why so angry. He didn't do anything wrong. You just like a people in real world who envy the talented person just because they talented.

      Delete
    2. I can speak for others, though for me there is envying talent, but this is beyond unfair. Talent is the natural variation in abilities, no baby has been born with more talent than adults in their prime. I'm coming straight from the anime-verse so I'm open to being wrong but (Spoiler warning) lvl 31 Alaba had saved up like 40,000+ skill points, while this 5 yr old, lvl 1, human was born with 100,000 skill point (could probably spec into immortality skill and other cheat skills). Also for context his stats are on par with a small taratect's (offense and defense are close enough, Kumoko's speed is about as high as his stats are high in both magic offense and defense), which means under the right circumstances this lvl 1, 5 yr old human can go toe to toe with some of the monsters in the upper Elro labyrinth. Unfair and absurd. Absurdly unfair, especially since he has not shown us he has done anything to deserve such OP treatment. As far as I'm aware he has been training in his childhood while other kids wasted their time playing around, but that should be equal only to the level that other enhancement skills are at (divine protection is still unfair, just not absurdly so).

      Delete
  18. I couldn't really be bothered reading these side stories, but is that a good idea skipping all of these? Would it affect my reading experience later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This might be late, but, yes, it will. I reread the novel twice starting from around when Kumo got out of the labyrinth and rereading it again but with these as well made it way better

      Delete