Pages

Friday 31 July 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter S9

S9.
Today is gonna be a triple release.

S9 Skill point

I spend my time with Katia leisurely.
Until a while ago, we move our bodies at the sports ground in the castle to raise the skill level.
We just finished it, and we are now taking a break like this.

「Ah, this is tiresome. Although my magic-related status increased considerably, my physical ability was never high」

Katia talks in Japanese today because Sue is not here.
When it's just the two of us, it became normal to talk in Japanese.

「Sure is. But still, our reflexes are better than our previous life and it's good that the more we train, the more we grow」
「Ah, I know what you mean. I have always thought why must the school keep doing the marathon, but here, the more we run, the more our stamina increase」

Although it's the same for the skills, the status improves as much as you train.
Now that we can't level up, we have to train steadily to increase our status.
But, if we train steadily, then we will definitely get stronger.
The training is hard, but if I think that it will become a gain, I will become motivated.

「So, how's yours?」
「"Agility", "Endurance", "Powerful", "Sturdy", and "Dash", each of them went up to level 8」

I confirm my status with the appraisal stone in my hand.
This appraisal stone is the level 9 appraisal stone that Katia's house holds.
It's a valuable that might be appointed as a national treasure depending on the country, but Katia brought it out from the Duke's house casually.
I think that "Is the Duke's house okay with it?", but seems that it's convenient, I will use it gratefully.

「As expected, your skill level increase very fast. Is this the difference of talents?」

Katia mutter in frustration.
Actually, even though we did the same thing, my skill level up speed is different than Katia.
In this world, anyone can get stronger if they put in efforts, but the speed differs.
It's said that it's the difference of talents.

「Even I'm called as a genius since the time I reincarnated into the Duke's house, you know? How come there's a huge difference between us? You cheater」

I avert my eyes from Katia's resentful look.
Even if you say that, what do you expect me to do?

「Which reminds me, did you use your skill points?」
「No, I miss the chance to use it. So it remains untouched」

Skill point is the points consumed to acquire a new skill and it can also be used to increase skill proficiency.
Normally, a person shouldn't possess any skill point since born, but somehow Katia and me had it since born.

「A savings of 100000 points. This bourgeois cheater」
「It became more terrible than before!?」

No, I really have miss the chance to spend it somehow.
At first, I thought of acquiring magic skills, but I stopped it because Anna told me not to use magic.
Although Anna didn't thought that I have skill points, I somehow can't acquire skill silently because it make me feel that I betrayed her.
Since then, the intention to use the skill points disappeared somehow.

「Did Katia used it?」
「.....Only 1000 points」

If I'm not mistaken, Katia should have 50000 points.
Because she bring up the subject, I thought that she have used considerably, but she didn't used that much.

「What did you acquire?」
「.....Keep it a secret」
「Ha? No, just say it」
「.....Absolutely don't laugh, okay?」
「I won't laugh, just say it already」
「.....Appraisal」

Although I didn't laugh, I think that I looked strange.
Speaking of "Appraisal", it's a classic example of the skill that must not be acquired.
I'm interested that why she acquired it.

「Why did you acquired it?」
「No, it's a standard in novels when it comes to reincarnation. Isn't it difficult to gather information in a different world? Therefore, in the novels, "Appraisal" is peerless. So, I want follow it....」
「No, the "Appraisal" skill is a must-not-acquire skill that is first on the list. After hearing that, why did you acquire it?」
「I acquired the skill when I was a baby! It's during the time when I was reincarnated without understanding anything, you know? Of course, I would want information. And then, when I remind of "Appraisal", I heard the Divine Words. It can't be helped that I acquired it on impulse!」

I hear it and consented for the time being.
Certainly, when I was a baby and I didn't understand the situation, I was considerably uneasy.
I didn't understand the words and the conversation from the surrounding people, so it made me feel excessively uneasy.
And then, when I heard the Divine Words that talks in Japanese, I understand the feeling of wanting to rely on it.

「And, is "Appraisal" a loss?」
「Ah. A big loss. It's useless when it's low level, my head hurts whenever I use it and on top of that, the skill proficiency won't increase if I don't have the time and it's also hard to increase its level. Even though I have been earning skill proficiency during my leisure time, it's still in level 4. My heart will break」

It seemed tedious just by hearing it.
I appraise the column of the skill point again using the appraisal stone.
Then, the list of skills that I can acquire are displayed with the necessary points.
When I looked for "Appraisal" in that, it's there.

「Ah, I can acquire the "Appraisal" skill with 100 points」
「Eh, seriously?」

Speaking of 100 points, it's the lowest point to be able to acquire a skill.
The skill that can be acquired with 100 points is either the skill that has low effect or the skill with good compatibility with the person.
It's hard to say that the "Appraisal" is a skill with low effect as I understand that Katia used 1000 points.
It's effect is certainly low when it's level is low, but if it becomes high level, it might be a useful skill.
Then, I must have a good compatibility with the "Appraisal".

After I hesitated, I acquired "Appraisal".
The point decreases to 99900.

「I acquired "Appraisal"」
「Eh, seriously?」

Katia says the same thing as before.

「Don't regret that later」
「Well, when the time comes that is. There's still a lot of points left」

For the time being, I will keep the remaining points for emergency.

35 comments:

  1. hmm.. so each person has different match in skill point usage? wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it costs 1000 for her to get appraisal, but the spider only 100!?! And, unlike a human, you can reborn and start over at level 1 sooo its easier to level, yet still get same amount of skillpoint each time??? U are looking more and more OP spidersan.

      Delete
    2. Keep in mind Spider-san started with only 100 Skillpoints though, while those 2 have 10k+ . Also it only cost 100 for the guy with 100k points. I think it is propably the difference between [someone that is pretty strong from the beginning] and [someone that can become unbelievably strong by working hard]. Basically, humans start with pretty impressive stats, skills, and skillpoints (although highly dependend on the individual), while monsters start extremely weak but can evolve. Also, keep in mind the reason why Spider-san can evolve multiple times at lvl 10 is because she chose to become [Small Taratect] instead of immediatly evolving to [Lesser Taratect]; I bet that evolving into the adult form immediatly assures instant enormal statgrowth but decides that Stat-Cap right then and there, while staying as a hatchling but jumping to stronger species means that when you finally DO evolve to adulthood, the Stat-Cap will be higher by an insane amount. I predict she will keep evolving "low" until she becomes a humanoid/partly humanoid spider (eg. Jirougomou) or until there is only the adult option left.

      Delete
    3. I think it's because of the hero bloodline in the prince.

      Delete
    4. I think it's because of the hero bloodline in the prince.

      Delete
    5. Unknown 2, i think i saw in bestiary 1 that lesser taratect was a lot stronger than small so i think your theory is correct

      Delete
  2. 100k the mc wil need to level to 1000 to get that much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at lvl 6 small lesser mc had less than 100 skill points, at lvl 10 small lesser/1 small she had 200 so her skill points seem to be increasing at an increasing rate

      Delete
  3. Thank You,
    What a great day, 3 chapter Kumo and 2 Chapter Ze Tian Ji.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >brought it out form
    form → from

    >they put on efforts
    they put in efforts

    >the remaining point
    the remaining points

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do I feel like the side stories have more of a reincarnation story life than our kumo-chan lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chapter Joshua!

    「Ah, I know what you mean. I have always thought that why the school keep doing the marathon, but here, the more we run, the more our stamina increase」
    why must the school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably delete 'that' before the why also.

      Delete
  7. Don't listen to them, Appraisal-san! They don't know of your greatness! Kumoko loves you no matter what others say! :P

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate them so much xD Damn useles Cheats :p
    So unfair that Kumo has to word really hard without gaining more than 1 lvl in the basic passives, while they just run a few lap and lamost max it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your feelings, but keep in mind the side is a few years in the future from the main. Kumoko has only been alive for a few months, while the "cheats" are probably somewhere in the 5-10 years old range.

      She's actually doing much better in comparison.

      Delete
    2. But she still needs to work her ass off to level the skills she has and the only way to get new ones is to stumble upon them by accident when these guys have the benefits of being royalty and nobles to rely on. They actually have family books that spell out how to get countless combat skills.

      Delete
    3. Counter to that; she's /able/ to work her ass off leveling, period, while they literally aren't being allowed out yet. If they didn't grind what skills they could get their hands on, they'd be idiots, but because they do what Kumoko's doing in what amounts to an AgeLocked training area, they're detestable? Kumo's over half to maxing out Appraisal when, with low enough compatibility, it's still at level /4/ for Katia when she nabbed it as a /baby/. They're working as hard as they feasibly can in what amounts to a gilded cage.

      Delete
    4. You say they are working hard? Go fu*k yourself, they got 10k+ SP and easily got skills and skills level when she must fight and her skills level is low

      Delete
    5. Dawidoza your comments give me a headache

      Delete
    6. Just because they didn't put their life on the line doesn't mean they not working hard. Just because someone out there work harder than you, doesn't mean you not working hard too.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for this chapter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am starting to think that they got a big starting bonus but our MC has a greater growth rate.

    Given another decade, matching with the side stories, I am curious how OP she will be.

    I am still guessing she will end up some kind of humanoid eventually.

    Also really curious what Appraisal prestiges into. 'HUD' perhaps, granting a constant videogame-esq status screen and the like?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would get Appraisal even if it was a skill no one uses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's a handicap for newbs vs the pro(kumo-chan)

    ReplyDelete
  13. kumoko had the opportunity that basically everyone else gets to level up that sheltered kids dont get. They are still level 1 and kids with skills higher than kumoko due to being born into the bloodline of the Hero's. The initial skill points might be due to their previous life combined with their current body. Just a theory anyways, no way to really find out why they have certain initial stats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So while our MC had very few starting points, she has a low skill point requirement I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for this!

    This story is now of the harem genre and Appraisal is the MC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a bit sad mc isn't the most op reincarnator. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wth, doesn't anyone realize the mc got the best thing than them, 100k skill points is rubbish compared to "idaten" skill the mc got when reincarnated it basically a cheat/godlike skill. And she got it early on so the stat gained keeps on stacking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are able to buy that skill wtf and this skill is normal skill that everyone can get if you don't know

      Delete
  19. Erm,what was kumoko's growth stat like? I forgot her status "…")

    ReplyDelete