Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 149

Chapter 149.
Conversation with D.


149 Hello, this is the Evil God

I didn't saw anything.
I see nothing.

『Hello. This is D』

Aaaa.
I don't hear anything.

『Ah, what do we have here. Somehow, there's a spider self-destruction button on my hand.』

I'm sorry, forgive me!
Or rather, what's with that button!?
When did you made it!?

『It's a joke. There's no such thing. Even without it, I can at least turn the spider into a dirty fireworks』

U-Um.
I can't feel relieved at all.

『Don't worry. I won't do anything that will kill an amusing person like you』

Ah, is that so?
I'm honored.
Then, bye.

『Self-destruction』

I'm sorry!

『It's a joke. Joke』

I don't seem to hear it as a joke at all when it's said in a monotonous voice.

『I'm often said that』

So, what do you really want?

『Just a mere celebration that you attained immortality』

Ah.
Hey, why did you make such a skill?

『What do you think that a person will aim after the person is satisfied?』

Eh?

『Wealth, fame, military power, authority, and immortality. No matter which world it is, the people will only aim for those. And, when they know that it's really obtainable, what do you think they will do?』

They will probably try to obtain it by all means.
Ah, I see.

『That's how it is. Even if they understand that they can't reach it, people wants to depend on it. At all cost. And, they will work hard and even harder, and die without obtaining it in the end. As for the fruits of their hard work, the Administrators take it. Don't you think that it's very efficient?』

As usual, you have a bad personality.

『I'm the Evil God after all』

Then, I have also obtained that, so what does this means?

『The Zana Horowa is originally set as an immortal monster after all. I didn't expect that there's an individual that will really evolve into it』

Hey.
It was a monster that must not be evolved.

『It's not wrong to evolve it. However, the first which is the Zoa Ere is a species that generates very rare, so even if it's generated, it was designed to die before it evolves』

Eh?
What's that?

『The Zoa Ere has the Corrosion Attack, right? But, there was no Corrosion Resistance』

Eh?
Is that so?

『Yes. Therefore, the normal Zoa Ere will die at the moment it used the Corrosion Attack. You are lucky to have the resistance』

How close!?
Seriously.
So, I was close to death before I knew it.

『Thanks to the resistance you have, the sickle ended to the extent that it can't be used. If it's the usual, it will be an instant death』

What a defective product.

『Kill the opponent and oneself will also die. Because of such state, it's said that it's the monster that symbolized sinister』

Ah.
Now that you say that, it sure is sinister.
It's an extreme nuisance.

『The true nature of Ede Saine doesn't change too, and it obtained the more powerful Evil Eye of Extinction. It dies before it evolves』

Is there an individual that evolve into the Zana Horowa up until now?

『There's none. Congratulations. You became the world's only unique monster. Clap clap』

Although I'm happy, when it's said by you, somehow, I can't feel happy.

『Even though I'm here to bless you specially』

No, after all, when I see the this or that up until now, well.

『I'm the Evil God after all』

Haa.
"Taboo" and "Immortality", your personality is really bad.

『I will be glad if you could say it a little with elegance. For example, pure malice』

At the point you say it yourself, it's already an out.
You are too nasty.

『Don't you think that Taboo is a well-done system?』

I don't think so.
Although it ended with only unpleasant feelings because I'm a half outsider, won't the residents in this world will go mad when "Taboo" reached max level?

『The people who maxed Taboo in the past don't receive a decent death』

That's obvious.

『It's Taboo, that's why that sort of thing is included』

Seriously, it's nasty.
Well, I guess those are the consequences when you do bad things.

『So, you've learned contents of Taboo, and now here we are』

Yeah.
I think that something is wrong even if I say so myself.
If it was the old me, I would just say something like "This is none of my business," then sleep all day.

『It's probably because of the way you've been using Parallel Will』

I'm sure it is.

『I'm saying this because you don't seem to realize it, but that's an attack outside of the system, you know?』

Ah, seriously?

『At the very least, I don't remember designing the skill to do something like that』

Oh.
In other words, I'm approaching the domain of God?

『Yes』

Fufufu.
This seems that I'm close to the day when I become the God.

『I expect it』

No, I wanted you to retort me rather than ignoring me splendidly.

『It's my true feelings. I'm expecting you to reach our area』

Are you serious?

『Yes』

What's your purpose?

『I should have said it. It's entertainment』

Ah, yeah.
It was like that.

『Because I feel good today, I will give you a little service by lecturing you』

Seriously!?

『Yes. If it's within the range that I can tell, I will teach you about various things about this world』

Oh, seriously.
Then, what should I ask?

44 comments:

  1. Hahahaha their conversation is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've gotten everything....
    wasat means ? :

    "Although it ended with only unpleasant feelings because I'm a half outsider, won't the residents in this world will go mad when "Taboo" reached max level?

    『The people who maxed Taboo in the past don't receive a decent death』

    That's obvious.

    『It's the Taboo that includes it』"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means they go crazy to the point that they go on a rampage there death is not going to be pretty

      Delete
    2. Not exactly. Taboo Lv10 just reveals the forgotten truth of the world. Apparently it's something bad enough to make the residents go crazy. The skill itself isn't what's driving them insane.

      Delete
    3. just a guess here (i have not read ahead, can't read anything outside of english), i am betting it is literally a game for bored gods. they aren't "real" people, they only exist as "souls generated as toys" for those gods.

      Delete
    4. People who max out taboo usually go insane from nihilism, probably. But to Max out taboo, you have to do bad things in the first place. Kumo had to eat her sibling and tap into the Ruler authority to get it. So usually people who get Taboo aren't good in the first place, me thinks. Or maybe Rulers are disliked.

      Delete
    5. Shun saved or revived people (possibly re-bind their soul to their body? the mechanism by which he saved dieing people was not crystal clear), which seems like it could be for good. Though doctors save/resuscitate people on a daily basis, to rebind a soul that has left the body does seem to be against natural order.

      Delete
  3. [Ah, what do we have here. Somehow, there's a spider self-destruction button on my hand]

    Why would you make such an evil contraption 0_0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? Easy skill transfer? Administrator are known as the one who takes away someone's hard work.

      Delete
    2. Why not? Easy skill transfer? Administrator are known as the one who takes away someone's hard work.

      Delete
    3. Why not? Easy skill transfer? Administrator are known as the one who takes away someone's hard work.

      Delete
  4. Reaching the pinnacle of evolution and still have no name...
    Kumoko, are you destined to be forgotten?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reaching the pinnacle of evolution and still have no name...
    Kumoko, are you destined to be forgotten?

    ReplyDelete
  6. means... D is anri?
    -Divine anri went all out and her dungeon became elro great labyrinth.
    -she made a water based dungeon room, but it somehow leaked out and became an ocean that separates human and demon continent.
    -anri goes "ah fuck it, imma go back to earth for nao."

    -elves was like "evil god is gone! now's our chance to gather and defeat them admins!!!"
    -hero and demon lord with dimension magic.

    It.... IT MAKES SENSE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the chapter.
    lol, what a troll evolution she had

    ReplyDelete
  9. 『Yes. Therefore, the normal Zoa Ere will die at the moment it used the Corrosion Attack. You are lucky to have the resistance』

    Eh? It seems like any Zoa Ere that evolves in this dungeon would have Corrosion Resistance. They all start off eating poisonous creatures and easily gain the resistance through the Gross Feeder title. Is that why mom sent the army after her? Is that concentrated attack the only thing stopping immortal spider monsters from popping up in the labyrinth occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoa Ere is not native to this dungeon(this is mentioned during the first encounter with the knights that ran away), so any individuals would have to take an unconventional evolution path to get there. Since low-level monsters seem to be almost completely instinctual, the occurrence of an individual would be almost a freak accident.

      The mother spider's attack is not related to the type of spider Kumoko is. After all, she didn't even know about the immortality before she evolved but she expected the attack. The reason is something else..

      Delete
    2. That's why I said in that dungeon.

      As for now we don't know why mother attacked. As a myth level creature it should be of considerably intelligent. It wouldn't be surprising if it was on par with or smarter than Alaba who was intelligent enough to understand the effects of skills enough to specifically ask for what he wanted. It could be that she knows myth level creatures get a hax skill and didn't want another one wondering around.

      Delete
    3. Hey DooD u remember when kumo chan got that corrosion resistance?

      I can't find it.. i only remember she had it when she was in the middle layer when she ate the acidic snail lol.

      Every Zoa Ere dies due to using Corrosion attack but kumo chan nearly dies eating it ROLF~! :P

      Delete
    4. She got it when she got the Gross Feeder title. She got it in the first upper layer after eating enough poisonous monsters. I think it was before the fight with her brother.

      Delete
    5. No, she got it from eating one of the slug monsters that did damage to her just eating them. It was between her falling into that pit and reaching the middle layer, and she decided eating those would be the last resort of last resorts because of 1) how bad they tasted next to literally anything else and 2) the literally did damage to her just by consuming them.

      Delete
    6. +1 to BD's answer. As i recall she ate the snails because there was nothing else she could eat. the poisonous monsters only gave her poison resist.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few suggestions on editing to make it easier to understand, since this is a pretty important chapter:
    Original:
    >『It's the Taboo that includes it』
    >As expected, it's nasty.
    >Well, it might be the consequences of one's deeds.
    >『And, you know the Taboo's contents, and reach now』
    >Yeah.
    >I think that something is wrong even if I say so myself.
    >If it's the me a while go, I might sleep and say "Like I know about such thing".
    >『Everything is probably the influence that you use Parallel Will to act』

    Suggestions:
    『It's Taboo, that's why that sort of thing is included.』

    Seriously, it's nasty.
    Well, I guess those are the consequences when you do bad things.

    『So, you've learned contents of Taboo, and now here we are.』

    Yeah.
    I think that something is wrong even if I say so myself.
    If it was the old me, I would just say something like "This is none of my business," then sleep all day.

    『It's probably because of the way you've been using Parallel Will.』

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original:
      >I'm sure it is.

      >『I will say this because it seems that you are not aware, that is an attack outside of the system, you know?』

      >Ah, is that so?

      >『At least, I don't remember that I implemented the skill that you can do』

      >Oh.
      >That means I'm using the glimpse of the God's area?

      Suggestions:

      I'm sure it is.

      『I'm saying this because you don't seem to realize it, but that's an attack outside of the system, you know?』

      Ah, seriously?

      『At the very least, I don't remember designing the skill to do something like that.』

      Oh.
      In other words, I'm approaching the domain of God?

      Delete
    2. Original:
      >I'm sure it is.

      >『I will say this because it seems that you are not aware, that is an attack outside of the system, you know?』

      >Ah, is that so?

      >『At least, I don't remember that I implemented the skill that you can do』

      >Oh.
      >That means I'm using the glimpse of the God's area?

      Suggestions:

      I'm sure it is.

      『I'm saying this because you don't seem to realize it, but that's an attack outside of the system, you know?』

      Ah, seriously?

      『At the very least, I don't remember designing the skill to do something like that.』

      Oh.
      In other words, I'm approaching the domain of God?

      Delete
  12. "『Hello. This is D』

    Aaaa.
    I don't hear anything.

    『Ah, what do we have here. Somehow, there's a spider self-destruction button on my hand.』

    I'm sorry, forgive me! "

    <-- i died there XD

    Thanks for the chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. O_O YES!!! Thank you so much.^^ From now on, no matter whether this is canon or not(probably isn't... Except if it's a conspiracy and the author of this series is actually the author of Evil God Average under a different pen-name... lol).

    So... where was I again? Ah, yes. From now on, no matter whether this is canon or not, I will consider this theory as how things are for those two series.^^XDDD

    ALL HAIL THE HOLY ANRI NATION!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some how this feels to coincidental to not be related to the evil god in evil god average just raising people to administrator level for fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gods that harvest souls and a skill that kills you if you if you go against them... I think Author-san enjiys lewd games. Rance series anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huh, would you look at that, Oka was accurate in exactly what she said the Administrators do.

    (crickets)

    Oh? What's this? What happened to those that swore up and down she was mistaken or just "wrong" and would have to be corrected by Kumo, hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  17. ... Is it just me, or do D and Kumoko have oddly similar ways of speaking...? Oh dear gods, is this a Bootstrap Paradox situation? Kumoko became strong enough to become Administrator D because she was already D in the future helping her become stong in the present to become D...

    I probably just confused a lot of people, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dirty fireworks? When did D become Frieza?

    ReplyDelete
  19. well, as the only "person" she can talk to for now, it's better than nobody... I guess???

    ReplyDelete
  20. wait, what??!! My guess from the previous chapter actually came true!! (immortallity stuff)

    Thank you for the chapter! Enjoy your day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete