Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 174

Chapter 174.
Look who's here.


174 Apprenticeship applicant

When I slack with No.2, there was a reaction in the Space Perception.
Oh my, is it the Demon King!?
Although I stand ready for an instant, come to think of it, the Demon King doesn't have Transfer.
In addition, when I confirm the position by marking, it looks like the Demon King is going around the bottom layer thinking of something.

Then, who is it?
The space disorder is big considering it's Gyurigyuri.
If it's Gyurigyuri, he should Transfer more beautifully.
The person who I know that can use Transfer, ah, there's one person.

The shadow of a person who Transfer across the space.
The middle-aged man just before the elderly person.
It's the magician who was with the knights before.

Eh?
Why does this guy come to such a place now?
Oh, well.
My status has return considerably, if it's this guy alone, I can kill him quickly.
He has trained his skills considerably, so he seems to be delicious in the experience points.

「O-Oh!?」

The middle-aged man noticed me.
Apparently, it looks like he don't know that I'm here, but what an amazing over reaction.
Well, I defeat them completely after all.
Ah, although my appearance is different from that time, did the middle-aged man recognize me?

「I-It's certain. Even though the appearance changes, that presence」

Ah, yes.
It's me.

Hmm.
So you know.
Well, it doesn't matter.
Then, I have you become my experience points.

「P-Please wait! I don't have the purpose of hostility! Please, please hear my story!」

Eh?
What?

「Please make me as your apprentice!」

What?






Somehow, after that, the middle-aged man settled down.

「Although I gave this body to magic, I have fell in love to your "Magic Extremity". I would like to be your apprentice by all means. Since that day when I saw your vivid magic, my heart has been held tightly by that brilliance. The smoothness to the magnificence of that magic construction is like the artwork of the national treasure rank. And, the overwhelming presence like a magnificent mountain. The technique like a God that can't possibly be broken by human technique. The flowing magical power has a close resemblance as the flow of the large river, and the overflowing magic is like the sea. Exactly! The essence of the magic is nature together with the world. Gratitude can't stop because I was reminded of the root. In addition, the magic construction that doesn't rely on the skills. That technique that give up common sense. I was made to change my thought that I narrowed the magic possibilities. I was praised a genius, and I became senile too. The magic means to feel the world, and it's a technique to change the world. Despite that, I want to admonish the past me who followed the world rule obediently. Know the world, and change the world with this way. What an easy and difficult thing. I also want to use magic without skills........」

The middle-aged man who began to talk at an amazing force.
I was dumbfounded unintentionally, and I ignored the middle-aged man's story.
Un.
To be honest, I drew back.
When I return to sanity, the killing intention disappeared somehow.
Was I taken aback?

Even so, there's no way I can make him as my apprentice.
In the first place, I can't talk.
Mutual understanding is pretty much possible if I acquire the "Telepathy" skill.
Although I have used most of the skill points that I get by unifying with Mother, if it's 100 points, I have it. But, I don't want to acquire it.
But, I don't think that I will acquire it to communicate with this middle-aged man.
After all, it's troublesome.
This middle-aged man is considerably dangerous because he can make me draw back.

A communication with such middle-aged man?
No, it's impossible.
The hurdle is too high for me.

Thus, I decided to ignore him.
Although this middle-aged man talks to me with the assumption that I understand the language, why can he have such expectation to a monster as the other party?
No, I actually understand though.
Usually, a person won't think that the monster can understand the language, right?
Why did this middle-aged man skip that part?
Isn't his head strange?
Ah, it was obviously strange.

Although it's fine that I decided to ignore him, the middle-aged man didn't return.
He keeps talking, and when he knows that I don't have any reaction, he observes me fixedly this time.
What's with this guy?

At the end, he blazes up by setting a fire on his body with the consent of the day after tomorrow.
He was about to die.
The figure that laughed while on the verge of death is rather eerie.
After all, this middle-aged man is crazy.
Why do you attack yourself?
Are you an idiot?

After that, the strange cohabitation life continues, I recover my status while being troubled by the middle-aged man's eccentric behavior.
It begins with setting the fire, he made half of his body frozen, and he soars up high with wind in the air and drops.
Sometimes, he meditate in the water ball made by himself until he's about to be drowned.
Rather than meditation, isn't it straying?
What does he really want to do?

But, there was benefit.
Because the middle-aged man learned various magics, I observed the activation and I was able to learn some new magics.
Especially the fire, water and ice that I didn't learned, so it was a profit.
These 3 attributes have bad affinity with me and I was able to learn the skills just in case, but the level doesn't rise easily.

The middle-aged man seems to be able to use "Space Magic" fairly well and he brought preserved foods in the Space Storage, but it looks like it ran out after several days passed.
He went somewhere with Transfer unwillingly.
And, when I thought that he gave up, somehow, he killed a monster and returned.
And, he ate the monster.
That is the frog that has poison.

Of course, he has an upset stomach by the poison, and was in agony.
What does he really want to do?

71 comments:

  1. The heroine of the story is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my hp drop from 100 to 1 because it made me imagine an ugly middle aged man in a princess outfit made seductive poses :x

      Delete
    2. Your comment made my hp drop from 100 to 1 because it made me imagine an ugly middle aged man in a princess outfit made seductive poses :x

      Delete
    3. He's middle-aged but no one ever said he was ugly

      Delete
    4. don't be like that, he's too awesome. Great "heroine" cool as fuck and Kumoko's type...if only he'd ease up on her...can't handle the attention ya know?

      Delete
    5. Well, you're not wrong. She even has the Yuusha skill.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. He knows in order to gain kumokos power he must become like the kumoko and be a masochist to gain skills

      Delete
    2. That implied he is always followed kumoko's actions.
      Pedophile, and stalker?

      Delete
    3. Well because he found her he was able to reck a demon general.
      He Is also able to resist yuugos brainwashing.
      And he's probably the highest level human we seemed so far at 70 something

      Delete
  4. Eh... isn't he someone suited to your tastes, kumoko-chan?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. might be the reason she can´t talk to him ;)
      She´s normally already shy, and here is someone whos her type, who wouldn´t be shy? And it´s even worse fpr her xD

      Delete
    2. I think her type is more of a cool manly ossan who fight dragon rather than eccentric mage ossan who might be masochist as well as a stalker, though he might suit her taste as a food.

      Delete
    3. No, no, she already likes Basgas!
      This old guy in the story is a grandfather wo talks like an insane person and does stupid things. (As stupid as what kumoko does, but...ahem, seeing someone else do it makes it really weird!) So he's ttoo old, too talkative, weird and really hard to handle because he's kind of fanatical when it comes to 'master kumo'!
      I like Basgas better.

      Delete
    4. If it's between cool ossan Basgas and this crazy old coot, there isn't even the shadow of a hesitation, lol.

      Basgas-sama, please come and sweep Kumoko off her feet asap!

      Delete
    5. But his exp must be delicious. Do you want her eating basgas?

      Delete
  5. Well, she learned fire magic. Finally she'll be able to cook her food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait a minute...maybe kumoko isn't the demon king! I mean, at the rate this is going, it seems so unlikely. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is attacking maou like what she did with mother.

      Delete
    2. She 'is' the demon king 'in a sense'.

      I won't be explaining how (a friend who reads raw spoiled me, so i know), I might get a dedicated chapter if I do.

      Delete
    3. Well since the demon king doesn't seem interested in talking I imagine Kumoko won't be able to rest until she "eats" the demon lord. So the demon lord in future story is probably Kumoko in her body.

      Delete
  7. thanks for the chapters
    Kumoko has her first fanboy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, she learned fire magic. Finally she'll be able to cook her food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? is a cooking novel.

      Delete
    2. all the times she used poison synthesis? Just basting.

      Delete
  9. Kumo makes it sound like hes the crasy one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spoiler Alert, ten years into the future and he killed a magic demon General and srill haven't got that far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's going to be killing some elves soon so don't worry about that

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, he's not crazy kumoko. just like you who bathed in lava, he also need to increase his resistance by mutilating himself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well... yeah to the ossan. Anyhow! I was thinking that Kumo-chan might not be the Demon King, but then I remembered that it was 10 years in the future... yeah Kumo-chan is definitely the Demon King... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong, but not entirely correct.

      Delete
  14. What a brilliant student, just by sneaking look into his master's stat once, he managed to find out his master's original resistance Spartan training style perfectly.
    Now I wonder if he's (self proclaim) Kumoko's first disciple and Kumoko is probably Demon King, why he's not with her?
    Does this mean Kumoko isn't Demon King or he's a spy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think kumoko just doesn't care about him.
      And even he is kumoko's disciple he still human he can't enter demon king palace without fighting armys of demon .

      Delete
  15. Thank god he's not to her taste. Because spider's mating behaviour is very gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was during the Human-Demon Great War arc, between Chapters 110 and 111.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the chapter awesome work keep it up . MC sure is changeing like woman should ;), bit evil bit godness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the chapter!

    What is wrong with the man...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sucks because I do enjoy reading some people's comments, but I'm going to have to refrain from now on because certain fucktards are still shamelessly posting spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing much to spoil anymore I stopped reading ahead too

      Delete
    2. Its a shame that arnold is just a child.... no sense whatsoever.

      Delete
    3. I haven't given any spoilers in the last 3 chapter about anything so screw you Mr memory deficient carrot.?
      If you can't remember what's going on in the story its not my fault

      Delete
  20. Arnold stop being a kid and giving out spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Arnold, I don't know if that's a joke or a spoiler. Dude seriously, you've gotta control yourself; the author even stated to avoid posting spoilers, even to the length of specifying you directly.

    If you can't control yourself, could you please just put a BIG BIG BIG 'spoiler' sign for every spoiler that you will post. In that way it could warn readers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the chap.

    Kumo's growth correction started from lvl1. She'll have much more OP stats than her previous body.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's been stated that they're going to the elf village anyway how's that a spoiler?
    He already left with yuugo to go to the elf village?

    Is there something wrong with your memory that you claim everything I say is a spoiler?

    ReplyDelete
  24. you reap what you sow, blame your past spoiler-spree
    now eveybody is seeing your comment as a very-possibly-a-spoiler lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. arnold, it would mean that Shun did not arrive early/in time.

    Besides, you were the one who set yourself up for that accusation by establishing a pattern of posting spoilers, so is it any surprise that people do not expect good behaviour out of you?

    Why don't anyone accuse, for example, *me* of posting spoilers? Why you? Because that is what you have been doing often?

    Actions have consequences, in this case, it was the damage to your own reputation and people assuming that you can't be trusted to control yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  26. so my hypothesis so far :
    1. kumoko managed to gain control of demon king's body
    2. one of her will is controlling the demon king
    3. she (the main will) is lazing around in some corner of the world eating sweets everyday while demon king will is working to correct the world
    4. shiro is one of her child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5. All of the above she gained control of the demon king's body, put one of her wills into it, decided to go back to that one willage and laze around all day, and sent her "masterpiece" Shiro as well.

      Delete
    2. Your hypothesis is great!.

      Delete
  27. thank you for new chapter too many chapter in 1 week excellent very very thank

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kinda hoping she'll somehow rip out his soul and put it into one of her spiderlings.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seems he is trying to raisehis skill perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  30. Uh... Good luck with weird ossan. Not the type of hunk you expected like at the coast but hey, better than nothing rite?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kind of feel sorry for him. And her as she can finally have a friend but to screwed up to try.

    ReplyDelete