Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter S22

Shun 22.


S22 To the Elf Village

Sensei received a report that the army has invaded the Elf Village with Distant Communication.
The flag that the army raised is Rengzant Empire.
It was the army led by Yuugo.

Sensei receives the report, and declared to return to the Elf Village without hesitation.

「Yuugo can't be neglected anymore. I will return to the Elf Village and intercept him」

The eyes that's full of Sensei's determination.
Hyrinth-san opened his mouth as if he's obstructing it.

「So? How do you go to the Elf Village?」

The Elf Village location is further inside the deep forest, and it's in the place called the holy ground.
The holy ground is at the central part of the Kasanagara continent, and it's located near the Demons territory.
And, now we are at the Dastordia continent.
There was an outrageous gap of distance.

「No matter how you estimate it, it takes dozens of days to reach the Elf Village from here unless Transfer is used. Even if you go from now, it should already ended by the time you arrive」

As what Hyrinth-san said, there's no way we can reach there no matter how we work hard unless Transfer is used.
Although there's a transfer circle in the royal castle, when we rescued Leston-niisama and the others, we confirmed that the transfer circle has stopped functioning.
Although it's not completely broken, advanced technique seemed to be required to restore it.
There's no one that can do it among these members.

「It's all right. As long as I can cross to the Kasanagara continent, there's a transfer circle that the Elves hold in secret」

So, there's such thing.
The transfer circle is rare among the magic tools, and it's regarded as more important than the high level appraisal stone.
To have such thing in secret.
The Elves' organizational capability might be higher than I thought.

But, when I think about it, because they can even gathered us who have reincarnated on their own, it's not strange that they have such a thing.

「However, even if it's used, it will still take more than ten days. Although I don't know when the empire army will reach the Elf Village, there's a report about it, so that means the march begins steadily to that extent. I don't think that you can make it in time」
「Certainly, I won't be in time for the outbreak of the war. However, there's a powerful barrier at the Elf Village, and there's also the fortress of nature called the forest. It's impossible for the Elf Village to fall until I reach there」

Sensei who declares it.
I guess she is very confident of the defense of the Elf Village.

「Rather, the problem is that the empire army might withdraw before I arrive」
「Why can you declare it to that extent?」
「While being at a place near both the Humans and the Demons, the result of impregnable is not just for a show.」
「I see」

Hyrinth-san looks at me once.

「And, how do you cross to the Kasanagara continent?」
「The only way is to pass through the Elro Great Labyrinth」
「Do you think that it's possible?」
「I don't know」

The Elro Great Labyrinth.
Roughly the only path that connects the continents other than the Transfer.
The sea is the base of the powerful Water Dragons, there's no one who succeeded in a voyage.
It's said that even if a person flies, the person will be shot down without care.

The Elro Great Labyrinth is a huge labyrinth that connects such both continents through the underground.
It's said that because it's huge, if there's no guide, it's impossible to get out forever.
In addition, numerous monsters inhabiting there use poison, so it will become the worst situation if measures are not taken.
This world's largest labyrinth is also the labyrinth prod of the world's worst difficulty simultaneously.
However, if a person follows the guide's directions and pass through the proper route, the danger is little.
Originally.

「There might be an ambush at doorway of the labyrinth」
「Yeah」

From the importance of the Elro Great Labyrinth, the doorway is strictly guarded.
The reason why there's no Demons in the Dastordia continent is because they are not allowed to pass through the Elro Great Labyrinth.
For us who have became wanted people, it's difficult to enter and to go out.
If a unit that clearly aims at us is stationed there, then it's all the more.

「Shun, what do you want to do?」
「Eh?」
「Oka-san intend to go to the Elf Village alone. I'm asking what Shun wants to do」

Huh?
I intended to go with Sensei normally though.
Is it different?

「Eh? I intend to go with Sensei though」

A grand sigh leaked from Hyrinth-san's mouth for some reason.

「Shun, do you understand your position?」
「Eh?」
「Currently, we are in the position being chased globally with the sin of national treason. And the principal offender is said to be Shun, right?」
「A-Ah」
「Is it necessary for you to go to the Elf Village nonchalantly?」

I think.
Certainly, I understand Hyrinth-san's point.
I don't have the obligation to protect the Elves.
If seeing from Hyrinth-san.

「Hyrinth-san. There are friends of the same town as me before reincarnation in the Elf Village. I can't abandon them」

Hyrinth-san is surprised at my words, and sends a glance to Sensei.
And, Sensei affirmed it with a nod.

「In addition, I must settle it with Yuugo」

Did he feel my determination? Hyrinth-san closed his eyes once and nodded.

「I understand. If Shun says so, I have no objection. I will follow in order to protect you」
「Thank you」
「Of course I will go too」

Katia appeals her existence as if agreeing with Hyrinth-san.
To be honest, I don't want to take Katia along into the battlefield because I'm worried about her, but now that we have come this far, Katia will not draw back.
Katia is considerably strong, and if she always follows near me, rare things won't happen.
Even if it happens, I can use the resurrection by "Kindness".
Although it's dangerous to rely on it too much, it's far better than nothing.

Although the resurrection of "Kindness" is seen as a cheat skill, the fact is that the use is quite limited.
First of all, it's ineffective if it's not immediately after the person died.
If it's not resurrected within roughly five minutes after death, there's no effect.
When Father was killed, if I resurrect him at the very beginning, this might not happen.
However, I suffered a defeat by Yuugo and got wounded at that time.
If I'm not in perfect condition, the resurrection will not success.
And, even if I resurrect, I can't resurrect if the former body is completely destroyed.
If I don't clear these conditions, I can't resurrect.

Besides, if I resurrect another person, "Taboo" will become level 10.
When "Taboo" becomes level 10, a frightening thing seems to happen.
If possible, I want to avoid it, but if my comrades are sacrificed, I will probably execute resurrection without hesitating.

「Unfortunately, I'm a burden in combat. I will remain here, and advance the preparations for the royal capital recapture」

Leston-niisama said so and selected to stay.

「Then, I will devote myself to the assistance of Leston-sama. I don't think that my power is useful from now on」

It seems that Clevea will remain with Nii-sama.

「Please let me go with Shurein-sama」

Anna said so with an obsessed expression
To be honest, it was unexpected that Anna said so.
Because Anna is a Half Elf.
And, we are heading to the Elf Village after this.

It's the Elf's exclusive race.
Even if the Half Elves that should be half of the same race, they won't accept them.
It might be simply because they are half same.
Anyway, the Half Elves born in the Elf Village grow up with ashamed feelings, and when they reach the point that they can support themselves, they will be driven out of the village without discussions.
In harsh case, it's said that they might be thrown out while they are still babies.

Anna spends her childhood in the Elf Village, and she has a past of being driven out to the Humans territory.
The Elf Village should have been a place without good memories for Anna.
And that Anna says that she wants to follow to the Elf Village.

「Anna. There's no need to force yourself, you know?」
「No. I'm not forcing myself. I just can't forgive myself like this. Please take me along with you」

Anna who's ghastly.
Speaking frankly, this condition is dangerous.
She is mentally cornered.
Leave her here or take her along, both are not good.
Then, it's better to appoint her in a noticeable place.

「I understand」
「Shun」
「It's okay. Anna, don't force yourself and please always be with me」
「Yes」

I answer Katia who turns a criticism glance with my gaze.
Although it has become the feeling that holds a troublesome thing, Anna is an excellent magician in the Humans.
If her mind is stable, it should be all right.
I will watch her well until then.

I think that the position was reversed suddenly.
In the old days, Anna protects me and taught me about various things.
This time, it's my turn to protect Anna.

「Now that it's decided, let's start the action at once」

Everyone start to move by Hyrinth-san's command.
First of all, we have to reach the Elro Great Labyrinth.
It will start from there.



That night, Katia visited my room.

「What's wrong?」
「No, I thought that there's something that I must tell you」

I prepare myself because it doesn't seems to be a good thing just by looking at Katia's strangely awkward face.

「You heard the story of the missing students from Sensei, right?」
「Ah」
「Among that, four people have already died」
「I see」

I have expected it to some extent.
Although I expected it, when I hear it like this, I'm shocked.

「Why saying such thing now?」
「If we go to the Elf Village, we will meet with our old friends, right? I thought that it should be better for you to at least know the name of the dead ones before that」
「I see, thank you. You know that I will feel depressed when I hear about it, so you never told me until now, right?」
「Yeah」
「Please tell me. Who died?」
「I will say it from the one with good relations. First of all, Kogure」

Kogure.
I see, I can never meet him again.

「He was a crybaby even though he's a high school student」
「Ah. When Kogure lost in rock, paper, scissors game and was chosen for the person in charge of the living thing that nobody wants to do, he seriously cried」
「Saying that "It's impossible". Other than that, coming to school crying and saying that his game console was broken」
「Ah, right」

We talk about Kogure for a while.

「Next is Hayashi」
「The table tennis club?」
「Yeah, that Hayashi」
「Although our relations were not so good, I remember that he hustled me during the table tennis class of physical education」
「Me too. Usually he's not so cheerful, and at the moment he holds a paddle, his personality changed」
「He hit a smash while shouting Sure-kill Tornado Smash」
「I laughed at that」

「Next is Wakaba-san」
「Eh? That whole school bishoujo?」
「Yeah」
「It's a world loss」
「Right. Even though she's taciturn and expressionless, her presence is amazing」
「She was the idol of our school after all. The point is also high that she was nonathletic unexpectedly」

「The last one is Sakurasaki」
「Natsume, a friend of Yuugo, huh?」
「Ah. he's Natsume's stopper, and he's the only one who can talk to that guy equally」
「When Natsume seems to be reckless, he always intervened casually」
「Furthermore, he come an apologize in secret later. Saying that Ken has did something bad」
「I see. Because there's no Sakurasaki-kun, I wonder if Yuugo became like that」
「Who knows」
「I wonder why. Why did he become like that? Everyone should have been doing well in Japan」
「We were reborn in a different world. Everyone will change. Yuugo just changed in the bad way. That's all」
「Katia doesn't change」
「Do you really think so?」

I'm shocked at the glance of Katia who says so.

「Say, how am I reflected in your eyes?」
「How?」
「Is the one that you are seeing is Katia? Or, is it Kanata?」
「Eh? What do you mean?」

Katia is Kanata, so both should be the same.
I don't know what Katia wants to say.

「Haa. Well, fine. Do I really looked unchanged? Or, did you persuade yourself that I'm unchanged?」
「Well. Sorry」

I apologize to Katia who seems to be in a bad mood somehow.

「It's fine. I understand that you are such a guy」
「What do you mean?」
「You dullard」
「Isn't that harsh!?」
「It's not harsh. You cheat bug dullard」
「Isn't it harsher!?」
「Leaving that aside, I find that you are more strange that you don't change at all」
「Is that so?」
「Yeah. Do you really understand the present situation?」
「Of course I do」
「Then, why can you be so natural?」
「Is there something bad about it?」
「It's not bad. But, think about it properly. Your biological parent is killed, your half younger sister is kidnapped, and you are driven out of your birthplace. And, you are going to fight with the person who wreck your birthplace from now on. And yet, why can you stay calm like that?」
「That's」

I wonder why.
Now that you say that, it's so.
Normally, if it becomes such a situation, either despair or get angry and lose control of myself.
And yet, I feel nothing.
No, I feel it.
Only sad.
But, something is different in this sadness.
I'm not sad because of my circumstances.
This is,

『Sad』

Yeah, sad.

『The world is ugly』

Yeah, the world overflows with fights, it's ugly and that's sad.

「Shun?」
「Eh?」
「What's wrong? Being absentminded」
「A-Ah. No, it's nothing」
「Is that so? If you are tired, sleep, okay?」
「Yeah. I will do so」
「Ah. Then, I have disturbed you」

Katia leaves the room.
I'm aware that my back is sweating damply.
Why?
What on earth is that a while ago?

What on earth happened to me?

90 comments:

  1. The effect of taboo perhaps?

    when kumoko had taboo lv 10 she also became emo like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She found out the "truth" of the world when it maxed out, her change was because of that, she's basically immune to anything attacking/changing her soul afaik.

      Delete
    2. Yeah looks like its the taboo hehe

      Delete
    3. It's not the taboo. The effect is only when it maxes out, this is just Katia being in love with Shun and not knowing how to express it and being conflicted, and Shun being conflicted because he wants to think of Katia as his old friend but is also attracted to her.

      Delete
    4. This is,

      『Sad』

      Yeah, sad.

      『The world is ugly』

      Yeah, the world overflows with fights, it's ugly and that's sad.
      I think they are talking about this remember spider-chan says something similar

      Delete
    5. It's been awhile on this comment thread, but gonna add my two cents anyway.

      If you recall, Kumo-chan also started hearing weird voices before she maxed Taboo, as well. In her case, she was hearing what sounds like the sleeping/sound effects of SOME administrator most likely. I won't say who it probably was, though...cause that would be spoilers, heh.

      I'm pretty sure that this is probably a similar thing. However, he probably noticed it a lot more vividly because:

      1.) He doesn't have (high) Heresy Resistance afaik.
      2.) His Taboo skill shot up REALLY fast. Think about it...it basically went from 5 to 9 almost instantly (time-wise at least) thanks to the 4 uses of "Kindness" he did recently. It didn't go up fairly slowly like Kumo-chan's did.
      3.) They may already be 'awake' of sorts by this time because of Kumo-chan doing what she did in the past (since we know the main actions currently in the story occurred well in the past, because of the differences in their ages and stuff, heh). This part is difficult to say.
      4.) It could be the direct influence of his Ruler skill "Kindness"...because it's pretty obvious that those skills are going to have significant drawbacks in some ways. I mean, they're going to affect the soul..there's no way that they're going to give the boosts that they give without side effects. Kumo-chan is probably more immune to this thanks to her Heresy Nullity, but even she gets rather prideful after getting Pride, etc...though this seems to fade some after she gets Heresy Nullity (or at least, doesn't get WORSE). =x

      Delete
    6. Glad I'm not the only one that thought so.

      Delete
    7. It's not "taboo" it's......... well it will be a spoiler I say it so ;)

      Delete
    8. "If you recall, Kumo-chan also started hearing weird voices before she maxed Taboo, as well."

      Yes *but*, it only happened twice, the first time she was grumbling about a skill just stopping at L10, the second time she was *really* grumbling about Appraisal stopping at L10.

      The second time she heard voices seeming to talk about approval and elevating the request, the first time she only heard static like noises.

      In short, her experience with hearing someone is connected entirely with requesting a new skill. *And* she had Detection maxed out and active when she heard these things, as well as several ruler titles.

      As for it being Taboo, it did nothing to Kumoko until it triggered, and it never spoke to her afterwards. It appears (at least at this point in the story) to only be information. Taboo information, but just information.

      Delete
    9. Yhea, it's pure information, however, do you all know the saying 'Ignorance is bliss'

      Delete
  2. Hmm effect of kindness or another sin. Thanks for these chapters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Doubt it, there were 6 missing, among six 4 are dead, leaves 2 missing, one is kumoko, D is definitely the remaining one.

      Delete
    2. Wakaba is the name of Kumoko-chan

      Delete
    3. Wakaba is the name that kumoko remembers as being from her previous life. So at this point in time either she has died or overcome the system for oka-sensei to believe her dead through the use of her skills. That or kumoko was never who she thought she was in the first place. Or maybe some combo of them

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. hmmm.. I don't think Wakaba-san is D, that's the 4 "confirm" death from chapter K1, D and kumoko should be the 2 that remain missing.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm~ The Dungeon was overhunted by Kumoko to levelup, and the Queen Taratect was wounded due to that summoning battle, so it might be unexpectedly easy to get through~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumoko's overhunting was over a decade ago, though. It should have repopulated by then.

      Delete
    2. Kumoko would have leveled up there years ago and the Queen Taratect is not a normal danger of people passing through since it spends most of its time in the bottom layer.

      Delete
    3. and there are 5 Queen taratects, so it might not have been kumokos mother. her mother is pretty much the guardian of the labyrinth, kumo might be reluctant to throw her into a battle and leave her birthplace unguarded xD

      Delete
    4. That and mother-chan is still a mythic calamity S rank monsterthat is bigger than and stronger than the dragons title on mother-chan confirm this and the whole destroying the demon and human army plus fort and only getting wounded slightly and that there are five of these as well

      Delete
  6. The ruler skills affect the minds of people who have them. For instance, Kumoko's [Pride] making her separate her other minds and try to solo monsters that she knows are too difficult. So when she who has [Pride] and [Wisdom] learned the truth of the world, she was outraged that she got dragged into it and became determined to end everything. Probably the only reason she doesn't end everything before the current part of Shun's story is [Sloth].

    Shun when he finds out about the truth, as [Hero] and ruler of [Mercy] he might unexpectedly try to find a way to sacrifice himself to save the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kumoko have [patience] too. Combine that with the [sloth] and her hikimori tendency might turn her into lazy-ass spider who play around for few decades

      Delete
    2. i think you got something twisted. they get those Titles because they ARE already like that, they aren´t changed in a way fitting to the skill.
      You can get that from the explanation of skill points. the more a skill fits you, the less skill points do you have to pay to obtain it. Kumoko is pridefull, thats why prides cost were so low, while for example sloth cisted her more, but still less than the other sins/virtues.

      Delete
    3. Eh, yes and no. It's explained later on that Ruler class skills tend to affect the personalities of the people who take them.

      The affinity part is true, which is why Kumoko got Pride so easily. But Rule skills have an effect on the soul.

      Delete
    4. Eh, yes and no. It's explained later on that Ruler class skills tend to affect the personalities of the people who take them.

      The affinity part is true, which is why Kumoko got Pride so easily. But Rule skills have an effect on the soul.

      Delete
  7. I take it - he will join our Kumoko after his journey to the other continent)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter! Looks like Taboo is starting to bubble underneath the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm, is the people that die are those that got physically confirm or is it include missing people? If it's the later then I wonder whatever kumoko got her existence forgotten or unexpectedly popular. Though D seem have more chance of being bishoujo rather than kumoko who play games till morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember in an earlier side story sensei said there where 6 missing with 4 confirmed dead. If we assume that she used her ruler skill to check for the n%I=ï¼· skill then the 4 dead should include D as they are an administrator outside the world and as there is only one female and D is female D should be Wakaba-san. One of the missing should be kumoko and I guess the other is un-introduced and is still in the demon territory

      Delete
    2. Chapter K1: 4 is confirmed dead, 2 can't be discovered. The latter 2 maybe Kumoko and D.
      Kumoko blocked Appraisal while D is imposible to be appraised. I think Oka-sensei can confirm the skill of dead body.

      Delete
    3. That's not how it is, "Unknown".
      There were 26 people who died.
      12 people are protected by the Elf Village, plus Oka-sensei herself..
      Then there's Shun, Katia, Yuri, Yuugo, as well as 3 others we haven't met. (who aren't with the Elves, but are alive)
      That makes 20 people accounted for, and 6 people "not" in contact.

      The 4 confirmed dead are one of those 6, and Kumoko is one of the 2 unknown. D might be one of the 4 dead, or she might be the last unknown.

      Delete
    4. Ruler authority could probably make it seem like she's dead

      Delete
    5. you cannot see the skills of a dead body.

      Delete
    6. The skills are in the soul not the body

      Delete
  10. taboo should be lvl 9...

    maybe the intention of using his mercy-kindness skill lvled up taboo..

    or maybe thats the other administrator~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumo-ko Game two levels of taboo everytime she got the ruler skill.
      And resurrection is most likely considered taboo

      Delete
    2. Yes it is considered the control of lifeis to be gods privilege only ...... bring in the science and move on over God u fake overlord

      Delete
  11. I think Kumo-chan already left the dungeon because D said kumo-chan is born earlier than other classmates...... and the possibility of Kumoko as the Demon king is kinda high... might be wrong tho..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S story is already confirmed to be at least a decade after Kumoko made that silk that every was going crazy for. You can bet that Kumoko that left the labyrinth long ago.

      Delete
  12. LOL.... they troubled so hard because the transfer circle not working.... while kumoko can transport to whenever she wants as long the place or object is get marked.... Kumoko really a broken Spider.... Literally.....

    Taboo-chan!! ganbatte!! you almost influence the naive and idealistic annoying hero...... i root for you Taboo-chan!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Parallel thoughts.... ? Thanks so much for all your hard work, I really look forward to reading this every day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really thought he would put "Right now, the elro great labyrinth is not accessible anymore because a zoa ere, an ede saine and a zana horowa is confirmed to lurk there".

    ReplyDelete
  15. so kumoko is actually hibernating for 10 odd years after reaching level cap and can't evolve anymore, so they finally meet in the labyrinth
    ... or so i hoped, but seems very unlikely, lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. How can people still not get that Kumoko is the current demon lord in the SS? the signs are all there, using a thread to bind a person, loving those sweets, the way she acts and so on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could also be shiro.
      Although this "wakaba kind of describes shiro.
      But she is also extremely similar to kumo-ko.
      My money on
      kumo-ko = shiro = wakaba.

      Sooooo......kumo-ko was popular the whole time and didn't know it

      Delete
    2. Nah. The Demon Lord said that Shiro was her "creation".
      In that case, there are two possibilities that come to mind.

      A) Demon Lord is in fact Kumoko, which is the most obvious (I pick this) And Shiro's personality is probably created from Parallel Will?
      B) D is the Demon Lord, and Shiro is Kumoko. (I highly doubt this option)

      Delete
    3. how comes that person wakaba-san which is clearly said to be dead can be possibly kumoko.
      it might be if kumoko also died, but then shiro is not kumoko....
      also arnold if you a spoiler reader then you must know that if oka-san said that wakaba-sain is dead then she's not mistaken by any means. where is your logic?

      Delete
    4. The thing about okas accessibility is it's not necessarily....... Accurate. Expecially when a ruler class is involve

      Delete
    5. Wakaba is kumoko aka wakaba hiiro

      Delete
  17. Welcome to Kumoko Maou Army, taboo hero.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i dub thee dense riajuu number 2
    Thank you for the chapter XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would have been more interesting if they passed through while Kumoko was living there

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do they confirmed the dead student? can skill be appraised from dead body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sensei has the skill that allows her to view the location of people with a a certain skill. She uses it the track the weird I%n=W skill, and since four people were unable to be located, they are dead?

      Delete
    2. Follow that logic, does it mean D was one in these 4?

      Delete
    3. D sn't even in the world and therefore doesn't even need that skill. In fact skills themselves are nothing More than downloadable programs that can upload to the soul.
      She wouldn't even have a skill in the first place because she's a god

      Delete
  22. The transfer circle is rare among the magic tools, and it's regarded as important than the high level appraisal stone
    Add 'more' to make it flow better
    The transfer circle is rare among the magic tools, and it's regarded as more important than the high level appraisal stone

    ReplyDelete
  23. So that means I was right. Shun isn't a simple idiot shonen hero, his mental state is actually being influenced by something.

    ReplyDelete
  24. my guess is wakaba is the evil god, the one who died is the dummy. and shun you can stay calm indicate you have trait of psychopath

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha,and your other best friend right now watching kumoko while playing game and eating potato cheap >.<

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...is wakabe-san kumoko?

    I don't trust the eles or thier motives. they basically caused teh calamity and are ruthless to thier own deemed inferior (half-breeds).

    maybe those four aren't dead but were turned to monsters? and thus the elves treated them as dead (possible even oka sensei doesnt know)

    wakaba being the only female, and her description...she could be kumo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is
      Kumo-ko aka Wakaba Hiiro aka Wakaba-san

      Delete
    2. But didn't D say at some point that only Kumo got turned into a monster?

      Delete
  27. Thanks goe the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy shit Wakaba-san the school idol, bishoujo, taciturn, emotionless
    Isn't that our Kumo-ko, the former Wakaba Hiiro?
    What's with that school idol, bishoujo thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think wakaba-san is D...

      Delete
    2. Pretty sure Kumoko is the one they called Rihoko (Real Horror Child/girl) who is described as having dark aura and very thin and unpopular.

      Delete
    3. Rihoko is D. If you think what appearance an Evil God should have and see Rihoko's description here, how can you not think that it is D?

      Delete
  29. There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Shun is falling prey to the Taboo. I wonder if he'll side with Kumoko when he realizes this world is nothing more than a massive Kodoku for them.

    Also, someone needs to appraise Shun. I'm fairly certain that, like all true harem protags, he's got no soul. He's certainly dense enough...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I remember in a previous chapter, after the battle where the giant spider shows up, maou-sama doesn't know where it came from, So I suspect that she is not kumo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean... Yes, she denied it. But the way she denied it was very much "Did I~~ do that?"

      Delete
  32. Is it possible that the spider's identity is wakaba and that the reason she haw no friends is because whe was to pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we already know her name, though, it's Kumoko

      Delete
    2. That's the name the author and fans use for Spider Girl. As human she was known as Wakaba

      Delete
  33. Wakaba? Is it not Kumoko before reincarnation? Did all think of her as bishoujo, and she thought of herself as a loner? I am confused...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite being revered by others as the "queen" of the school, Wakaba Hiiro is, in fact, a social outcast. She was not a shy person by any means, though, just an unsocial one, not even bothering to interact with her classmates and only speaking the bare minimum required to partake in lessons. Although she got bullied due to her anti-social tendencies, she did not pay much attention to it and her would-be bullies noted that she "saw right through them", not even considering them worth her attention.

      This is from the wiki

      Delete