Pages

Thursday 10 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 154

Chapter 154.


154 Mountain foods

One night passed.
Ah, I was nervous.
I was too nervous to the extent that I can't sleep.

Isn't the hurdle too high that the first conversation in my spider life is the world's Administrator?
It's like telling me who's already shy of strangers to talk to the Prime Minister suddenly.
It's actually a person who's at a position higher than the Prime Minister in this world.
D?
Because that's an exception, it's not counted.

It would be good if the first one is an ordinary villager C.
Why is it C?
Somehow.

Well, it seems that Gyurigyuri won't come and interfere me for a while from now on, so it's large that the concern disappeared.
That person is more naive than my imagination.
Well, otherwise, it won't become like this.
I was saved.

Then, let's forget about Gyurigyuri and head to the mountain.
Because I took it easy yesterday too much, I will increase my pace a little.

I moved with quick steps than yesterday while appraising.
When I found a plant that I didn't look at it with Appraisal yesterday, I will stop for a moment.
Although I intend to hurry, it can't be helped because I'm interested.

I pass through the plain, and enter the forest.
Because there's no road, it's hard to advance because it's thick, but I advance by jumping over the trees with "Space Maneuver".
There's nothing that seems to be an animal trail, and there's no figure of the monsters either.
There's no monster in this area.
It might be only few of them.

Oh?
I discovered an ivy-like plant that bears red fruits.

Bonkuura:A plant that grows naturally and widely in the Kasanagara continent. Periodically bloom and bear fruits. It's actually sweet, but contains a little paralysis』

I see.
I mean, what a harsh name.
(TL note: It's similar to γΌγ‚“くら(Bonkura), which means blockhead/idiot/dimwit)
Paralysis, huh?
Hmph, such thing like paralysis won't work on me who has the "Abnormal Condition Nullity".

Thus, itadakimasu.
Sweet, delicious.
There's a slight sour stimulation and it's delicious.
Delicious.
It's Delicious!

When I noticed it, I have eaten all the fruits that grew on the ivy.
Ah, it's already over.
It was delicious.
Thank you for the delicious meal.

After all, the raw fruit is different.
Because the one I ate some time ago was dried.
Un.
It was fresh.
It looks like it's not a rare plant, so if I search for it, I wonder will I find more of it.

Hmm.
But, my first purpose is the mountain after all.
Let's secure the one that grows along the way.

I advance the forest by skipping.
I discovered the Bonkuura several times on the way.
Of course I secured it.
The Space Storage of the "Space Magic" was useful for the first time.

Space Storage is the magic learned in the "Space Magic", the so-called Item Box-like magic.
It's said to be able to store things in a different space and can take it out anytime, it's a very convenient magic for humans but in my case, because I don't carry things in the first place, it was left up until now.
After all, I have only eat the food on the spot, or bring it back to home with Transfer, or make a new home at the place.
I think that it's the home's fault because it's too convenient.
Isn't it fine with just the home?
I think so.

Although I experimented the Space Storage once when I learned it, my MP is consumed when it's activated, and when I take out something, my MP is also consumed.
The MP consumption increases in proportion to the size or the weight of the object stored.
The MP consumption when taking something out is slightly lower than storing.
However, if the MP becomes very low and the MP restorative medicine is stored, a tragedy seems to happen that it can't be taken out.

By the way, although it's stored in a different space, the object will deteriorate steadily by time progression.
It seems that time passes even in a different space.
However, because it's a different space, the deteriorating speed is slow.
So, something like proper preserved food can last for a fair number of days.
I expect that the "Dimension Magic" probably has a similar magic that time doesn't passes.
I wonder if I can learn it if the level rises.

That's why, the Space Storage that was a useless magic up until now is useful.
Normally, this magic will never become a useless magic.

When I think of it, I think that I don't have useless skills.
Although it can be said that I pick the necessary ones, even the one that the was acquired by the title is useful.

The one that was useless in the beginning like the "Poison Synthesis" has outstanding ability. The skills that were useless in the beginning became useful after evolving.
Although "Shadow Magic" is useless, the derived "Dark Magic" plays an active role.
The skills that still haven't place for its role are only the Ruler skills like "Hell".
Because the Ruler skills reduce the divinity area, I don't have the plan to use it in the future.

When I was thinking deeply about such things, I arrived at the mountain.
I mean, I entered the mountain before I know it.
Ah, well, it's hard to know the border of the forest and the mountain when it's nature.

But, unlike the forest, there's some distance between the trees, and the weed is also few.
In this case, it seems that I can walk on the ground.

Un?
My perception caught the reaction of creatures here and there.
Although it only caught small animals like small birds or mouses in the forest, the mountain has a quite big reaction.
For the time being, let's see the nearby reaction.

Although I can see it with "Clairvoyance", I want to move and catch it with my naked eye.
It's one monster that was there.

Well.
What's this guy?
Pig?

Although the monster's face is pig-like, the body is like a gorilla, and on top of that, tentacles grow from its back. A strange-looking figure.
U-Un.
Chimera pig?
It doesn't seems to be delicious.

In addition, the status is lower than its sinister appearance.
Only exceeds the 100 a little is a weak monster of the upper layer class if saying it in the labyrinth.
Somehow, the appearance and strength, it's an unbalanced monster.

It's defeated by the "Intimidation" that I emit, and it stiffens.
The "Intimidation" skill evolves and became "Tyrant".
The effect is just the same, with the increased power of "Intimidation".
If I always have this turned on and with the effect of Fear Bringer, the stealth-types are offset.
The stealth-types might can be said as useless skills in such meaning.

Well, I killed it quickly.
I mean, it was an instant with Evil Eyes.
Although I have the Evil Eyes turned off after coming out, it ascended to Heaven when I turn them on.
Namu.

Although it doesn't look delicious, I will eat it just in case.

Wh...at...!?
Delicious!?

Is this the power of the mountain?
Even such a guy who seems to be bad can become delicious if it grows up in the mountain.
Mountain is amazing.

17 comments:

  1. why she still don't have ruler of gluttony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she never will for some reason. if a theory about only one ruler is right then a ruler of gluttony already appeared in main story.

      Delete
    2. maybe its sensei? like, she "devoured" other people's skills or so...

      Delete
    3. It's been awhile since this post...but I'll respond anyway.

      I sincerely doubt that this is the case.

      Sensei is still a baby at this point in the story, after all (which D explains right after Kumo-chan's last evolution). I find it very hard to believe that she would already have the Gluttony skill, and I have the feeling...based on what we know thus far about her personality...that the skill doesn't suit her personality at all, anyway.

      She seems like someone that would ONLY be able to get the virtues...or MAYBE Wrath (cause students die make her go something something? heh). Gluttony definitely seems like it wouldn't suit her...

      Delete
    4. -Caudyr

      It's been an equally long time since your post, but...

      Keep in mind that while we have an idea how fast a human is born, we don't have an accurate figure for elves, y'know? Besides, the only ruler authority we've seen derived from skills is Wisdom, and derived-and-evolved skills just do what the previous skill does, with a little extra.

      Overeating/Satiety wouldn't evolve or derive into Gluttony, as they both pertain to the storing of excess feed, while if Oka's authority is Gluttony, her removing Yuugo's skills before makes sense.

      Furthermore, low compatibility doesn't make it impossible to get the skill, just more expensive. The thing with the Ruler Authorities is, (or seems from what we've seen) that if a Ruler for that skill exists, it becomes unavailable.

      Boiling down to, if it is on the list at this point in time, Kumoko hasn't seen fit to obtain it.

      Delete
    5. Hey BD, you're definitely forgetting about Anger for both Kumoko and Yuugo as well as Sexual Techniques, Seizure (from Seizing aka Greed, the lack of Editing/Proofreading unfortunately shows sometimes) and the Precursor to Envy which name I forgot.

      So it is actually very possible that Overeating eventually turns into Gluttony.

      Although someone noted in the earlier chapters that she would never gain Gluttony through Overeating.

      So while Gluttony may or msy not derive from Overeating since 4 other Sins do derive from "normal" skills it stands to reason that there will be precursors for the rest as well as the virtues.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the new chapter! Power of pork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, I entered the mountain before I know.
    Add 'it'?
    I mean, I entered the mountain before I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! I understand now Gyurigyuri is kuro admin
    I read kumo-chan in jp by google translate and dont understand what is Gyurigyuri in kumo-chan speaking
    Thank you for this translate sir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thus every creature on mountain suddenly disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe, Rimuru appeared as the ruler of Gluttony.

    ReplyDelete