Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 116

Chapter 116.
Kumoko's survival. And she finally used it.

Changed Flame Clad to Flame Cloak


116 Spider vs Fire Dragon ④

The battle ends, and the Fire Dragon looks down at the sea of magma that's made by itself.
There's the appearance of the subordinate monsters, and there's no appearance of the spider.
The subordinate monsters have "Heat Nullity", but the spider doesn't have it.
There was no reason that it can survive after receiving a direct hit of the Fire Dragon's strongest breath.

Did you thought about that, fool!

A huge drop of poison is generated above the Fire Dragon.
That poison is different from the Weak Poison that covered my body a while ago.
It's the powerful lethal poison, Deadly Spider Poison that has paralysis set to the maximum.
The Fire Dragon was convinced that the battle has ended, and the Deadly Poison hits the Fire Dragon that became defenseless directly.
The lump of huge Deadly Poison breaks through the Flame Cloak's defense and erodes the body.

And then, sickle attack with all my might!

The perfect single hit that aimed at the moment the flame disappeared due to the drop of Deadly Poison.
My whole power is put into the attack.
In other words, the double combo of "Deadly Poison Attack" and "Corrosion Attack"!
The hard scales are torn by corrosion, and the inside is undermined by Deadly Poison.
I think that my strongest physical attack is nasty.

The Fire Dragon raised the voice of pain and falls into the magma.
I follow the thread that I attached on myself quickly and return to the ceiling.

The Fire Dragon should have clearly seen the image of me being killed.
I'm sure that it's confused now.

The whole story of how I survived is easy.
In the first place, I didn't received that guy's breath.
Before that, I didn't even go down to the ground from the ceiling.

The "Heresy Magic LV6" Phantom Dream's effect made it possible.
The trump card no.1 that I have waited to activate it all the time.
Phantom Dream is the magic that shows hallucination.
I cast the magic at the chance when it panics because it's about to swallow the poison generated by "Poison Synthesis".
If the "Heresy Magic" is not fired at such a chance, it would be resisted by "Reverse Scale" and its resistance ability easily.
The Fire Dragon might have saw me going down to the ground, but I was actually clinging to the ceiling.

And, a surprise attack when it became careless because the battle ended.
Before my strongest physical attack, even the Fire Dragon received a large damage.

I also thought about escaping using hallucination for a moment.
But, I must not escape here.
The escaping spider life.
If it's like that, no matter how much time passes, I won't change from the time that my home was burned by that man.
'I will live proudly'.
I won't achieve that aim.
My pride can never be regained.
That's not good.
I'm the Ruler of Pride.
I as the Ruler of Pride must live proudly.
So, I won't escape.
Even if the winning chance is low, as long as the winning chance is not zero, I won't run away.

I will win against the Dragon here.
I will win against the Dragon and say goodbye to the weak me.
That's right, I will win against the hated Dragon.

...?
Hate?
Huh?
Although I thought that the Earth Dragon is scary, I never really hated it.
Huh?
Where does this feeling come from?

Such thing is not worth worrying now.
Even if I gave a huge hit, it doesn't change that I'm in a disadvantageous situation.
After all, my HP is 1.
The state that "Patience" is activated.
It became like this because of the recoil of my attack a while ago and my HP is reduced little by little.

Although the "Corrosion Attack" is strong, the recoil is also huge accordingly.
But, that's not the only damage this time.
The heat of Flame Cloak produce after being extinguished by the poison damages me.

I still have my MP.
In other words, I still won't die.
But, all of the Fire Dragon's attacks are instant death classes.
The Fire Dragon also has received a considerable amount of damage by my single hit, but still, there's reserve strength.
In addition, the monsters that came as reinforcements.
Still a disadvantageous situation.

I avoid the magma and go down to the ground this time.
The Fire Dragon still remains sinking in the magma.
The other monsters have no time to care about me after being crushed by the Fire Dragon's body right after the breath's aftermath.
Now's the chance.

I activate the trump card no.2 that I have prepared ever since the battle starts.
My MP decreases at a ferocious pace.
In my current state, MP consumption is equal to life consumption.
But, this magic has the worth to activate even if I must pay the price.

Right?
Magic-in-charge, No.1, No.2.
{Yeah!}
〈Leave it to me!〉

The magic activation using the power of  two persons by the "Parallel Will" that leveled up.
No.2 advances the preparation all the time, No.1 turns to assistance and it becomes possible to activate at last.

Now is the time, Open, Hell Gate!

The vicinity darkens.
The enormous darkness that even swallowed the light generated from the magma crawls up from the ground.
That's as if the darkness of Hell that exist underground begin to leak out to the world.
Swallowing the magma, ground, and monsters.
The overflowing darkness swallows everything.

"Abyss Magic LV1" Hell Gate.
The highest rank Dark Magic that informs the beginning of Hell.
It's manifested in this world.

The darkness swallowed everything, converged, sucked into the ground abruptly and disappeared.
That's as if being sealed.
Like the gate of Hell was shut again.

After that, only the worn-out Fire Dragon and me that have remained.
Seriously?
It can even endure that.
But, the Fire Dragon's HP left a little.
Its MP and SP are almost exhausted too.
I'm sure that it used the skill's power to convert it into HP.
Otherwise, there's no explanation that it can endure Hell Gate.

My MP decreased considerably because I used the Hell Gate.
In other words, I'm also worn-out.

Both worn-out.
The battle will be decided by the next attack.

The attack that the Fire Dragon chose is the most primitive attack.
In other words, it was a ramming attack.
Ah, it's the right choice.
In the state that both MP and SP are very limited, it's probably the most effective attack that the Fire Dragon can take.
If it's the Fire Dragon's status and large build, it's the most effective attack.

That is if the opponent is not me.

I'm a spider.
What's the spider's best weapon?
Is it poison? Is it claw? Is it fang?
It's all wrong.

The Fire Dragon's body stops.
By the "Universal Thread" endowed with Fire Resistance.
Even if it's Fire Resistance is endowed, I can only use it for an instant in this middle layer.
But, that's enough.
If it's the Fire Dragon that don't have the Flame Cloak, I can stop it for an instant.

My sickle that swung down there.
Although one side was crushed because of the attack a while ago, both hands have my sickle.
And, my attack with all my might cut the Fire Dragon's body.

29 comments:

  1. Kumoko has learned to use fire resistance in thread?
    What a good child...~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kumoko can learn Raisengan now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you should go with drop of poison, since drop of anything implies that it's a liquid. In this case it'll just be a drop of poison or a drop of "Deadly Poison". Should've mentioned this in chapter 115, but I forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Translating "忌々しい" as "provoking" doesn't quite sound right in English.

    It would be better to say...

    "That's right, I will win against the hated dragon.

    ...?
    Hate?
    Huh?
    Although I thought that the Earth Dragon is scary, I never really hated it.
    Huh?
    Where does this feeling come from?"

    It may sound like nitpick but this is an important plot point later! :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, BK201 assasinates everyone as soon as kumoko-chan activates the Hell Gate! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonder why she didn't try to use that fire to her advantage... like letting the poison turn into mist/vapor and let the enemies inhale it? like poison smoke...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in case you're still wondering, though i kinda doubt it, in previous chapters as well as Q&As, the author have mentioned time and time again that Poison Synthesis poison does not work as soon as it evaporates. The Poison become simple water vapor and does no damage inside the system( this is further explained in a later chapter, but since your comment was 2 months ago i think you would have already read up to that part)

      Delete
  10. I somehow felt that there is certain amount of plot convenience in there.
    One example is that shouldn't passive defenses be activated continuously all the time like kumo spider even when it is still distracted? So Kumo being able to fire heresy magic at the fire dragon is actually quite an asspull.
    Another example, is that why would Kumo suddenly out of nowhere gained a fourth will? That is truly convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the resistance went down at all, I think people are just always more vulnerable to mental attacks when shaken just like they're vulnerable to physical attacks when off balance or bound. Meanwhile she's had three personalities for a long time so she can act as three spellcasters at once if she isn't doing anything else; the usual assignments are just for convenience.

      Delete
    2. Considering how she's gained multiple abilities during the midst of battles almost since the start of this series, I wouldn't really call it an asspull. Heck, even the opponents have been gaining ability levels like health regeneration mid-battles. You're just not paying enough attention Zack.

      Delete
  11. I am new to this series and haven't read even the begining chapters and all I can say is this. She beat a Dragon!!!!!? The Spider girl beat a dragon. *is in awe**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Go back and read the beginning chapters, you...

      Delete
  12. Mahou Shoujo Dragon Slaying Gormet - Kumoko!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like 'Mahou Shoujo, Dragon Slaying, Poison Mistress, Maou, Gormet Kumoko-chan.'

      You have to be a very special kind of evil to literally dump poison down an unarmed AND incapacitated person's throat and say/think sickly sweet things.

      Delete
  13. Sounds like Kumoko is getting corrupted by her evil titles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why the hate against the dragon, Kumo-chan? I feel the Maou vibes...

    So she finally uses Abyss Magic and the flame resistant thread. I wonder if the author read comments from the people saying that it's stupid that she hasn't used flame resistant thread yet, and made it that way, or if that was planned from the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this fire resistance thread is the one she used to pull on the monsters who died in the lava? Because normal thread burned even just by getting close.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's not just mentioned but she always using it

      Delete