Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 118

Chapter 118.


118 The meaning of killing a Dragon

Now, skill skill.
The proper confirmation of skill is important.
Really important.
Why, you say?
It's because I didn't noticed the resistance endowment of the "Universal Thread" so far!

It's that.
I'm an idiot.
Why did I overlook such an important thing?

One of the effects of "Universal Thread", the resistance endowment is as its name, the effect of my resistance-type skills can be endowed to the thread.
In other words, "Fire Resistance" can be endowed.
It's no use even if I endow abnormal condition-type resistance like the "Poison Resistance", etc, but if I endow something like "Acid Resistance", it will become very strong like the frog.

I found the resistance endowment accidentally when I checked the skills again some time ago.
Yes, I was surprised.
I was surprised that it has such an effect and the careless me who overlook it.

Ah, the thread will have more turns if I found this effect a little earlier.
Even if I say that, it doesn't change the fact that it's easy to burn even with the "Fire Resistance", so its highlights won't increase dramatically.
If you ask me whether it's a help or not, it's probably a help.

I should confirm the newly acquired title and skill now.

As expected from the Dragon.
I never thought that I will get a title just by defeating one.
Now, how's the effect?

Dragon KillerAcquisition skill 「Destiny LV1」「Dragon Power LV1」:Acquisition condition:Defeat a Dragon species:Effect:An increase in damage when the opponent is a Drake or Dragon species:Explanation:The title presented to those who defeated the Dragon species』

It looks like the higher rank of "Drake Killer".
The skills are also similar.

Destiny:A bonus of skill level×100 is added to the HP. And, a growth correction of skill level×10 is added when level up』
Dragon Power:Dragon's power is temporarily gained』

I did it!
The skill that made up for my low HP was obtained!
Although I'm not so weak thanks to "Patience", having HP is better after all.
I might use my MP like this time too.
Ah, but because the level up this time was earlier. it's slightly a waste to level up for 4 levels.
If the title acquisition came earlier than the level up, I would be more happy with the growth corrections.
Umumu, well, it can't be helped.

I wonder is the "Dragon Power" the evolved skill of "Drake Power".
If it's so, then, I must verify how much is the difference from "Drake Power" later.
This is important.
Very important.
Although "Abyss Magic" was used without trial because I didn't have the time to test it, it's important to confirm the skill's effect after all.

Ah.
"Abyss Magic", huh?
Although I want to test the magic above level 2, the power of this magic is not a joke.
Even the level 1 magic can change the terrain, you know?
Really, what will happen if the level rises?
The MP consumption is also enormous, so it's not a magic that can be used casually.
Even if this place is huge, as long as here is the labyrinth's underground, if I use "Abyss Magic" poorly and the labyrinth collapse, I will suffer from it.

At present, even the level 1 has an outrageous power, so it's a little scary to try the one above it.
I think that I will seal the magic of "Abyss Magic" that are higher than level 2 until I escape from the Elro Great Labyrinth unless a formidable enemy that can't be defeated with Hell Gate appeared.

Next, some skills evolved and derived.
"Probability Correction" is derived from "Evasion" and "Accuracy".
"3D-Maneuver" evolves into "Space Maneuver".

"Probability Correction" is the one that the eel had.
Well, this is as expected because I saw the eel's skill composition.
Because "Evasion" and "Accuracy" have reached max level, I just need to raise "Probability Correction" now.
If I do that, my evasion and accuracy will be raised.
This skill also seems to improve luck.
I will pray for a moment.
I want to live a little more peaceful life.

Yosh.
I think that I'm interested in the "Space Maneuver" that's the evolution of "3D-Maneuver".
Let's see.

Space Maneuver:Possible to move freely in every space』

Hmm?
It's somehow an amazing explanation, but I don't understand.
Every space?
Like the air?
Can I do a double jump?
This also will be confirmed later.

When the skill evolved, it becomes more usable.
A disappointing skill might evolve and improve unexpectedly, so "Space Maneuver" might be a good skill.
My strategy seems to expand more if I can double jump.

I think that's all.
Un.
My skills have powered up considerably.
But, if only my level rose one more.
A further leap would be possible.
It's so close.


*************************


「A Dragon perished? The place is Elro Great Labyrinth, huh? Is it that guy? No, it's different. That guy consents to anti-war. That guy will never move. Then, what? Administrator Authority activate. ... What's this? A Ruler? Furthermore, it's 3? What is this? I don't know such thing like Wisdom. Being able to do such a thing, is it D? But, why? What is this skill? ... It's necessary to confirm it」

39 comments:

  1. Hmm that ending part....Interested in seeing what comes up from this.

    Thanks for the Chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. **plot thickening**

    Thank you for the chapter!
    So... which administrator will come to visit our Spidey? Find out next!
    *fading out BGM*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kumo-chan, I highly suggest getting that extra level quickly! Seeing as the administrators are going to move soon you'll need every bit of power you can get.
    Also, doesn't the skill description of Space Maneuver mean that our beloved spider should be able to fly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no I think it meant more freedom movement that was impossible to do with gravity and outer external forces

      Delete
    2. I wonder if she can now walk in midair...

      Delete
    3. My guess is it starts with something like being able to guide your falls or slightly change direction of a lump in mid air, like video game character. At higher levels it might get to double jump or glide status but my guess is flight is the evolution after level 10 in this skill.

      Delete
  5. Eh, the last part doesn't make sense. We know of at least one creature in the Elro Great Labyrinth that can kill dragons so why is he so surprised? Are you telling me that Kumoko's mom is the one that doesn't like war? Get out of here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the person who controls even the mom

      Delete
    2. Kumo-obachan does not like war. It interferes with her meal times.

      Delete
    3. (Whoever it is) is surprised because the one entity it knows of that can communicate is (essentially) a pacifist. Also keep in mind that Kumoko's assessment of her mother is just that; her own assessment. Both times she encountered her she didn't get around to Appraising her (first before she got it, second too far away) which, it's entirely possible she has something that would detect being appraised.

      That is to say, between a Queen Taratect from the war and Kumoko's mother, we don't have an actual scale for comparison.

      Delete
  6. Thank you .3
    I bet D is the only Administrator with the Balls to mess with the system xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm... sound familiar *cough...one piece...cough*

      Delete
  7. >>What is this? I don't know such thing like Wisdom
    I think that rather than Christianity's seven heavenly virtues, D decided to dick around and let kumo have on of Confucianism's Five constant virtues.

    Those would be benevolence, righteousness, wisdom, propriety, and sincerity.

    ... Somehow, I don't see Kumoko getting the rest of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you genuinely made me laugh there. But to be honest, it's not like wisdom suits kumoko so well does it? So who knows, perhaps if levels up more skills ^^

      Delete
  8. So, since Kumoko gained space maneuver will she do the moonwalk spider version?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A story about an OP spider. I didn't think I would become enamoured with the story..... Is there a donate button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't about the OP. As Vader would say: "The silliness is strong in this one."

      The "I'm burning!" skit is a classic. lol
      "I'm burning!"
      "No, I'm really burning! Ow, ow, ow!"

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought this before but kumoko is really a genius at fighting, sometimes she plans ahead so far like reading the future and can multitask in really dangerous situations i was amazed how many trump cards she saved also like the thread and abyss magic and then that illusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember she was a MLG pro gamer before

      Delete
    2. Yeah even Shun and his classmates called her a Super Human lol

      Delete
  12. It must be that Kuro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just thought of this now, but "Acquisition skill" could be made more clear as "Granted skills" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could the guy in the ending be Shiro?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Walks in on a small spider and a fire dragon battle " rip spider-chan " fire dragon is then killed......... NNNOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEEEE I'm just gonna leave now I saw nothing I heard nothing I was never here this is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen -famous adventurer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much.
    -

    The Middle Layer:

    One day, Kumomama-sama comes along and annihilates some drake fellows, leaving huge crater in the magma itself, as she's passing through.

    A few days later, Komoko is beginning to follow in her footsteps by dragging all but the evolved dragon into Hell. Landscape included.

    Her aim for magical girl was cute/funny at first, but now she's sounding as terrifying on paper as she would be in person.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and get BIG SAVINGS!
    * Up to 10 shades whiter in days!
    * Professional Results Guaranteed.
    * As good as your dentist.
    * Same Teeth Whitening Gel as dentists use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So taking down a dragon is a pretty big deal after all. Maybe D is Kuro from the side story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this feeling that the dragons are helping Komoko into becoming stronger.

    Also I can see her shadow from the demon king. I wonder if they're the same?? Just different time plots ??

    ReplyDelete