Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 120

Chapter 120.
A visit from the Administrator....and it's that person...


120 Administrator

[I removed the scales!]
Well done.
{I will praise you}
〈Well, passing mark, I guess〉
[Why are you guys such self-important?]

Body-in-charge has finally finished peeling off the scales.
I can finally eat the Fire Dragon.
Now, I wonder how's the taste of the Fire Dragon.

There's reaction in my Space Perception.
Distortion of space?
Although it's my first experience, I understand it somehow.
This is Transfer.
Something is going to teleport towards here.

I can't interfere it.
In the first place, with my "Space Magic" level, I can never be able to interfere the person's teleport who can manipulate such advanced space.
The guy who's trying to teleport himself here is good at handling the "Space Magic" according to the distortion of space that I perceived.
That guy is far higher than me if only in "Space Magic".

And, the biggest problem is the opponent uses magic.
In other words, it has the wisdom to use magic.

Up until now, there was no monster that used magic.
The Fire Dragon that was defeated is inexperienced even if it has the skill.
After all, the Fire Dragon didn't activate magic at all.

If you say it's natural, it's natural.
There's a troublesome action to construct the magic in order to use it.
It's necessary to have the wisdom to do it.
In case of the Fire Dragon, it was much more effective to make a fireball rather than constructing a magic.
Although there might be a species that can use magic in the monsters, there are simple skills that are stronger than magic.

But, the guy who's trying to teleport now can handle the construction of the complicated magic.
That means that guy has a firm intention and tries to come here.
What for?
There's only me here.
If that's the case, I think that the aim must be me.
Such carefree thing like transferring to this place accidentally is unthinkable.

I conclude it like that with "Thought Acceleration".
I put myself on guard.

The space splits and a man appears.

It's a black man.
There's nothing more to express about him, but black.

The slim armor that looks like it combined with the body.
The skin of the face that's the only skin that can be seen is also dark.
The hair is also black.
However, the eyes are strangely red.

I realize it at the moment I saw the man's figure.
I can't win.
It's a different level.
And, the thing that proves it.

『Impossible to appraise』

Those words.

But, there's no sense of danger somehow.
On the contrary, a sense of intimacy rises in the man somehow.
And a somewhat irritating strange sense.
Why?
This should be the first meeting with the black man.
When such a strange existence appears suddenly, I shouldn't have such feelings if it's me.
What are these feelings?

「****************?」

The man says something.
But, it's a language that I don't know.
I tilt my head to the side unintentionally.

「++++++++++++++++?」

The man says something again.
No, please speak in Japanese.
Otherwise, I won't understand.
I can't speak different world language. (TL note: アイキャントスピークイセカイゴ. Just putting it here)

The man frowns.

Hmm.
For the time being, it seems that this man has no intention to oppose me right now.
But, what should I do?
To be frank, I can't understand the man's speech, and even if I can understand it, I can't talk.
Although it might be possible to communicate in writing, I can only write Japanese.
Either way, mutual understanding is impossible.

I'm troubled.
It seems that the man is also perplexed somehow.

Something fell between the man and me in the atmosphere that's not possible to say anything.

It was a smartphone.

Huh?
No no.
I don't even know why is there a smartphone, but in the first place, how did it appear in front of me?
This appeared suddenly without getting caught by my Detection, you know?

『Hello. This is Administrator D』

A voice was suddenly heard from the smartphone.
Moreover, it's double.
One is Japanese, and the other one is a language that I never heard before.
Ah, no, is it the language that the man spoke a while ago?

「*******!?」

Ah, the man is saying something with the feeling of surprise.
That means, the other language is this world's language that the one that the man spoke.

『Yes. I'm D. Kumo-san, please wait for a moment』

Ah, yes.
I wait because I was told to wait for a moment.
The voice of the smartphone is speaking to the man in the different world language.

The voice of the smartphone is a woman's voice.
Although it's a wonderful sweet voice, I become extremely uneasy when hearing it.
It's such a voice.
It's also scary that there's no feeling in the flat tone at all.
What's this?

The man's expression changes whenever the talk advances.
Although it's not an exaggerated change, the middle of his forehead wrinkled and opens his eyes wide lightly.

And then, the man lets out a grand sigh and turns around suddenly.
And, he teleport himself with "Space Magic" just like that.

Only me and the mysterious smartphone remained.

『I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. Because I have talked to him, he won't get involved with you by himself in the future』

Ah, is that so?
Rather than that, who are you?

『I'm D』

Ah, yes.
!?
Wait a minute!?
Did you read my mind just now!?

『Yes. I read it』

It's a violation of privacy!

『Because you can't talk, it's a temporary measure. Usually, I won't read until the mind』

Until the mind... That means my actions were observed?

『I don't prefer calling it as observing. Spectating is more fitting』

It's all the same.
In short, you are a stalker.

『That's right. Because I won't get tired looking at you』

D, I remembered it.
It's the name that I heard when I acquired "Wisdom".

『Yes. That's a reward to you who's working hard. I'm glad that you are using it effectively』

What is your purpose?

『It's just an entertainment』

Huh?

『It's just an entertainment. There are no any further meaning and purpose』

Are you serious?

『Yes. After all, I'm the world's worst Evil God』

... This person is not good.
Seriously dangerous.
It was not an imagination that my body trembled just by hearing the talk since a while ago.
This person is a genuine Evil God.
She only feels that my life is an entertainment to be used until the end.

『Although you said it in a terrible way, it's not wrong』

Was this world made for your entertainment?

『That's wrong. If I'm seen from the world, I'm an outsider』

What do you mean?

『I won't tell you any further. If I tell you, it will become uninteresting』

Making me as a toy.

『Yes. Therefore, struggle to the utmost from now on and entertain me. There might be an answer that you are seeking for over there』

Saying such thing as you please.

『See you later

The smartphone disappears.
Without feeling any change of space.



That was the meeting with the Administrator D and the Administrator called Kuro.

50 comments:

  1. eehhh then, Kuro is Gyurigyuri and then Shiro might be D??? Then, Kumo might be future Devil King? sounds fitting...
    But for what reason D would go to Kumo-world in person.... Must be very important reason if the case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either that or Kuro simply decided to meet Kumo-chan while the war still going on. Because really, I don't want to think Kumo-chan is evil.

      Delete
    2. That war will be held in future.

      Delete
    3. Kumo-sama is utterly evil. Yes it's such a twisted story.
      But tell me who's not evil in this story?

      Delete
    4. can't really say shes evil we have got quite a few years until she becomes demon king quite a few things could have happened by then and she was talking about some truth that the admins only know to bribe kuro in the war part so it seems more like getting revenge on the world/admins for whatever they are planning and have been doing.

      Delete
    5. shes evil but since she has excuses shes not evil... i've heard this logic somewhere.....

      Delete
    6. Sorry, your cute Kumoko-chan is evil.
      Sounds like a job for BAT COW!

      Delete
    7. Think Kuro might be the anti-war guy mentioned at the end of last chapter (based on what he says in part 4 and 5 of the war). That, or the who is the POV for that part.

      Delete
    8. Nah, D isn't the Demon Lord. If I remember correctly from the wiki, the Demon Lord is probably (censored), Kuro is the man we just met and Shiro is Kumoko.

      Delete
    9. @Michael Breiter - is there a wiki to explain why some assholes decide to spoil the fun for other readers by posting spoilers they found on wikis?

      Delete
    10. Yeah... I wish there was. Though we who willingly read the comments are partly to blame. Still though most people would want to know the thoughts and opinions of others who are reading the same thing so it’s understandable that we’d read the comments. Putting spoilers here is a dick move.

      Delete
  2. administrator D............ Demon King?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. devil? --> evil god remember.

      Delete
    2. now that i think about it... doesn´t this carefree and sadistic way of talking of D reminds that Demon king? also, who is the one that has power over Kuro? The Demon king.
      Kuro seemed dissastified after that chat, and he doesn´t get along with the Demon King so maybe we can still hope that kumo-chan is not her.

      Delete
    3. More like Dick. D does things just for fun. D is like a child who uses a magnifying glass to burn ants.

      Delete
  3. So kumo-chan is really the Demon Lord huh... argh.... why kumo-chan become so evil @@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I hate this Administrator already. I hope Kumo-chan gets strong enough to beat the crap out of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be more offended by Administrator D for her spying and watching the MC suffer but...

    Aren't we doing the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So the admin that's only looking for entertainment just saved kumo-chans life. It's odd, why would the admins themselves forcefully interfere with stronger getting monsters? To keep anomalies in check? To prevent anyone from opposing their plans?
    Also, while the possibility exists that shiro is admin D, the likelihood is small. Afterall, wouldn't she be called D then instead of shiro?
    So what if the demonlord girl we know is the character shiro and kuro support while admin D support kumo-chan? Perhaps admins like to play powerful characters against each other? I mean the demon king vs hero fight must come from somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody said that Kuro was gonna kill her. She didn't sense any danger from him and he tried to talk to her. He'd have probably gotten frustrated after a while and left.

      Delete
    2. If Shiro were D, she wouldn't be doing Kumoko's bidding like killing Heroes, would she? Additionally, the Maou said Shiro is her creation, thus she likely is an artificial lifeform or something.

      Delete
  7. I knew it that Oda-sense I never wrong. D was really a devil that will destroy the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong. That's getting rid of entertainment.

      Delete
  8. 『That's wrong. If I'm seen from the world, I'm an outsider』
    Ooooh i see. She's not really evil. She just would be considered evil because she's an outer God not originally from this world.

    Also the fact does she uses a smartphone....... she might be a Japanese god or something. Because she seems to be supporting our little spider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she reincarnated into the world previous and ended up becoming a god/admin after becoming immortal.

      Delete
    2. Maybe she's just a servant created by void god azathoth

      Delete
  9. Feels like hitogami just crashed into a foreign light novel xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. what if kuro's blunder the demon lord mentioned was to let kumoko live
    now she has grown too strong and the demon lord have to take care of her

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This evil god is totally from evil god average, you see, the evil god from EGA also an outsider from the world and out of nowhere got the protagonist transfer to another world and stalk her every movement while laughing in amusement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, that sounds like anri alright.

      Delete
    2. Yup. I was thinking this. Don't those gods get status from having powerful minions? A dragon slaying spider sounds like a cool kind of minion

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That words. -> Those words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait...that's it? That was rather short conversation

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew it...everyone is a plaything and chess pieces for the Administrators. Or these so called Gods... I'm worried for our Spider Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  17. "until the mind"

    This strange phrase is used twice. But it's not accurate. I assume from context that it means "read your mind". If not for context, I wouldn't have a clue what this means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe it is "into the mind" like looking into your mind.

      Delete