Pages

Thursday 27 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 125

Chapter 125.

125 Deep fried!

I have returned, upper layer!
Finally, finally, I have returned!
Ah, because the middle layer life was long, I missed this upper layer's comfortable atmosphere.
It's so wonderful when it's not hot!

I taste the impression of returning to the upper layer for a while.
It was really long until here.
I got chased by the snake and I fall into the lower layer.
Fight with the bees.
Roared by the Earth Dragon.
Wander around the lower layer that's full of powerful monsters.
Attacked by the monkeys.
When I thought that I finally escape from the lower layer, the middle layer is a Burning Hell.
When I'm preparing my middle layer capture, the Earth Dragon roared at me again.
When I started my middle layer capture, the greatest enemy called the magma blocks me.
The catfish is a delicacy.
The eel is a formidable enemy.
Mother wanders around aimlessly.
The Fire Drake comes in great numbers.
The Fire Dragon was ridiculously strong.

Huh?
Why am I alive?
I wonder what's the meaning of being alive.
I'm alive!

Well then, because I have achieved my biggest objective that was to reached the upper layer, what should I do from now on?




Several days after returning to the upper layer.
I spread my nest near the middle layer's entrance.
Ah, this.
This is what I have wanted.
A wonderful My Home.
I don't need to worry about it getting burned and I can sleep soundly.
After all, the life with threads calms me down.
Ah, happiness.

Although I looked around the surroundings in this several days, there's no monster that seems to be strong in the vicinity.
Even if it's the same upper layer, the place where I am now is almost the other side of the place where I was at the beginning.
It's so far that it seems that Honshu of Japan can enter between the distance completely.

I wonder will the ecology change to that extent when it's far because there was monster that I'm not familiar with.
But, I was relieved a little because there's the monster as before.
Like the frog.

Although the vicinity of the entrance to the middle layer is considerably wide, it branches into narrow passage when advancing advancing forward from there.
Therefore, there's no large monster in the vicinity.
Well, although it's not necessarily that large equals to strong, the strong monsters that I have seen so far are mostly large.
On the contrary, there's not much small guys that are strong.
When thinking so, am I who's strong and small rare?

Even if it's a small and weak guy, it might come in crowd like the centipede and the monkey, so I can't be careless.
If it's the current me, I can eradicate them with "Abyss Magic", but when I think of using it in such a complicated cave-formed place, I can only see the future of a great collapse.
I guess I will have to substitute it with Poison Mist.

Well, at present, there's no monster that has such threat.
Because there's no refuge called the magma, the monster can't escape from me.
Although I feel that the number of monsters that I encounter decreases as days pass, this is surely an imagination!

And, I think that now that I have escaped from the middle layer desperately, I will raise my skill leisurely and live here for a while.
Do it moderately unlike the time before the middle layer capture.
I want to laze around a little.
Because I have done my best to reach here, it should be permitted.

And so, I increased my personal security that was a matter of concern for the time being when I reached the upper layer.
Although it was not guaranteed, it's certain that the upper layer is safer than the middle layer where my thread is not usable.
Although I have thought about it before, I think that I want to do the thing that I didn't do.
For that reason, I made my nest near the middle layer.

I go out of my home slowly.
Towards the middle layer.
Ah, hot.
When I experience the air in the upper layer, I understand how tiresome the air in this middle layer.
I did well to move in this place for a long time.
I want to praise myself.

Such a thing is fine now.
I approach the magma quietly.
Ugh, it's very hot when I approach it.
Uaa, when I want to do it, it's scary.
Eei.
Woman is courage!

Torya!

I thrust my sickle into the magma.

Gyaaaaaaaa!?
Hot, pain!?
Guuoooooo!!

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Pain Alleviation LV8』 has become 『Pain Alleviation LV9』》

I have Magic-in-charge No.1 and No.2 continue to keep using the newly learned "Treatment Magic LV2" Micro Treatment to my sickle.
But still, the sickle is burning faster.
Rather than burning, isn't it melting!?

Ah, crap.
Even my body caught fire.

I pull up my sickle from the magma in a hurry and "Poison Synthesis".
The lump of poison extinguished the fire on my body.

Haa.
It was painful.

What I wanted to do was to raise "Fire Resistance".
Even though I walked in the middle layer for a long time, my "Fire Resistance" is on level 7.
The rise is terribly slow.
Even though I experienced such a painful experience, my "Fire Resistance" didn't rose.
I'm glad that "Pain Alleviation" rose instead.

Although I came out of the middle layer, there's no change that I'm weak to fire.
Because there's a place where I can raise "Fire Resistance" like this, I think that I should just strengthen it until it becomes "Heat Nullity".
I can't do it even if I thought of it because I have given priority to safety up until now, but there's no need to worry about safety from now on.

Ah, nevertheless, after all I say, my sickle is melting.
The Micro Treatment learned at "Treatment Magic LV2" can't cure the injury with a part loss.
It's a magic at the soothing level that it can only cure scratch or small injury.
As for this, I have to wait my automatic recovery to regenerate it.
Because the automatic recovery has evolved into high-speed recovery, it won't take so long.

Hmm.
But still, with this condition, it looks like "Heat Nullity" will take a lot of time.


『Zoa Ere LV19 No name
Status
 HP:499/687(Green)+0(Details) (185 up)
 MP:5012/5012(Blue)+1300(Details) (916 up)
 SP:636/636(Yellow)(Details) (114 up)
   :636/636(Red)+1191(Details) (114 up)
 Average Offensive Ability:590(Details) (84 up)
 Average Defensive Ability:685(Details) (82 up)
 Average Magic Ability:4757(Details) (856 up)
 Average Resistance Ability:4871(Details) (850 up)
 Average Speed Ability:3152(Details) (472 up)
Skill
 「High-speed HP Recovery LV1 (new)」 「Magic Extremity」 「Magic Combat Act LV8 (6 up)」 「SP Recovery Speed LV7 (1 up)」 「SP Consumption Down LV8 (1 up)」 「Enhanced Destruction LV3」 「Enhanced Slashing LV3」 「Enhanced Poison LV8 (1 up)」 「Fighting Spirit LV5 (1 up)」 「Vitality Granting LV2」 「Dragon Power (new)」「Deadly Poison Attack LV4 (1 up)」 「Corrosion Attack LV2 (1 up)」 「Heresy Attack LV1」 「Poison Synthesis LV10 (2 up)」 「Medicine Synthesis LV2 (new)」 「Thread Talent LV4」 「Universal Thread LV2 (1 up)」 「Thread Manipulation LV8」 「Throw LV8 (1 up)」 「Space Maneuver LV2 (new)」 「Concentration LV10」 「Thought Acceleration LV8 (1 up)」 「Foresight LV8 (1 up)」 「Parallel Will LV3 (1 up)」 「High-speed Calculation LV4 (1 up)」 「Accuracy LV10 (1 up)」 「Evasion LV10 (1 up)」 「Probability Correction LV2 (new)」 「Stealth LV9」 「Silent LV6 (1 up)」 「Intimidation LV5 (4 up)」 「Conviction」 「Hell」 「Heresy Magic LV10 (4 up)」 「Shadow Magic LV10 (3 up)」 「Dark Magic LV3 (new)」 「Poison Magic LV10 (3 up)」 「Treatment Magic LV2 (new)」 「Space Magic LV6 (5 up)」 「Abyss Magic LV10」 「Patience」 「Pride」 「Satiation LV3 (2 up)」 「Wisdom」 「Night Vision LV10」 「Visible Range Expansion LV4 (1 up)」 「Destruction Resistance LV3」 「Blunt Resistance LV3」 「Slash Resistance LV3」 「Fire Resistance LV7 (3 up)」 「Heavy Resistance LV5 (new)」 「Deadly Poison Resistance LV2」 「Paralysis Resistance LV5」 「Petrifaction Resistance LV3」 「Acid Resistance LV4」 「Corrosion Resistance LV4」 「Faint Resistance LV3」 「Fear Resistance LV8」 「Heresy Nullity」 「Pain Nullity」 「Pain Alleviation LV9 (2 up)」 「Enhanced Vision LV10」 「Clairvoyance LV3 (new)」 「Evil Eye of Grudge LV2 (new)」 「Evil Eye of Stasis LV1 (new)」 「Evil Eye of Heaviness LV6 (new)」 「Enhanced Hearing LV10」 「Hearing Range Expansion LV1 (new)」 「Enhanced Smell LV9 (2 up)」 「Enhanced Taste LV9 (2 up)」 「Enhanced Touch LV9 (1 up)」 「Divinity Area Expansion LV5 (1 up)」 「Divine Magic」 「Destiny LV1 (new)」 「Body Flicker LV3 (2 up)」 「Durability LV3 (2 up)」 「Herculean Strength LV5 (1 up)」 「Solid LV5 (1 up)」 「Idaten LV5 (1 up)」 「Taboo LV9 (1 up)」 「n%I=W」
 Skill point:0
Title
 「Gross Feeder」 「Blood Relative Eater」 「Assassin」 「Monster Killer」 「Poison Technique User」 「Thread User」 「Merciless」 「Monster Slaughterer」 「Ruler of Pride」 「Ruler of Patience」 「Ruler of Wisdom」 「Drake Killer」 「Fear Bringer」 「Dragon Killer (new)」』

32 comments:

  1. "it's not not!" > "It's not hot!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it should stay 'not'.
      As in: It's so wonderful when it's not [not wonderful].

      Delete
  2. I can understand wanting to improve your skills first, but why thrust your entire sickle into the magma, Kumo-chan? Information in Charge, do your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually felt great pride in her for this.

      Delete
    2. O_o I didn't even consider how some of her skills might be affecting her mind! That might even explain how or why she ends up becoming the demon lord later (assuming that IS her) if she keeps on acquiring 7 deadly sin related stuff.

      Delete
    3. I think things we've seen affecting her mind so far are the fear resistance skill and merciless title.

      Putting her sickle in the magma made plenty of sense. It does fire damage but not enough to kill her. She can practice recovery magic at the same time. There's no downside to it.

      Delete
    4. Pride is also affecting her mind. Remember how she refused to flee from the dragon?

      Delete
    5. No. That's not Pride the skill affecting her mind. That's her natural pride coming out. Remember after her original nest was burned and she determined that she wouldn't run away away forever? It's the same thing. In fact she referenced it before attacking the dragon. She was already prideful in this way so saying that it's the skill makes no sense.

      Delete
    6. Spoiler:
      Actually the ruler skills do affect her mind is found out later in the coming chapters.
      He was right about the dragon thing that was pride affecting her she finds out later after she analyzes it with wisdom

      Delete
    7. Also spoiler: pride doesn't make you prideful, but rather it makes you see all living things as a potential source of xp, as well as it forces you to continue growing past what your limit should be

      Delete
  3. You know, I was wondering if she would grow complacent again by reaching the upper layer but luckily she doesn't. Then again, I wonder how much food she's going to find there. I mean, she's a monster that belongs on the third layer, has a fearsome intimating aura, etc. Every monster should run away the moment they sense her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Komo-chan the shadow of death does not let food sense the maw of the void incoming!

      Delete
    2. Her senses are better so she's sense them first. They won't be fast enough to run away and won't be able to hide.

      Delete
  4. Eh?

    How much is your exp gain in upper layer, kumoko-chan?
    Nai wa. No matter what, the enemy need time to reproduce.
    Compared to that, isn't the food at lower layer more fulfilling~~~?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to grind for the dragon slaughterer title?

      Delete
    2. Do you not realize, or do you just not care that there are at least two extremely powerful earth dragons in the lower stratum?

      Delete
  5. Finally. I was wondering when she'd grind fire resistance. No point in leaving such a weakness if you can help it. Maxing resistances might be the best plan for survival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just being in the middle and fighting the monsters there it grew to lvl 7 and her hp recovery wasn't good so it's harder to do considering in the beginning she got hurt just being near the middle lvl entrance

      Delete
  6. OMG soooo much work getting out of the middle layer, just to camp just outside and keep coming back to it... to burn yourself.

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kumo-chan that's why adult always say don't play with fire...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kumo chan is definately a closet masochist the pain alleviation is going to evolve into an active skill called masochism where u can adjust how much pain you feel? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well imagine Administrator D watching her XD She was regularly whipping herself to increase resistances and she even set herself in fire.
      Admin D must be thinking the she is a serious masochist by now XD

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so adorable! Lol I never read something like this. Adorable and yet OP. Not bad. Gotta love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally Fire Resistance! Though it was still lvl2 or w/e... damn author...

    ReplyDelete
  13. '' 「Abyss Magic LV10」 「Patience」 「Pride」 「Satiation LV3 (2 up)」 「Wisdom」 「Night Vision LV10」''

    Satiation being between ''Pride'' and ''Wisdom'', maybe? I thought she couldn't purchase it, since she didn't see it on the list, and I thought there could only be 1 user, but maybe it's not the author trying to deceive us.

    ReplyDelete