Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 67

Chapter 67.

67 A formidable enemy appears! The name is Detection!

Well, now that I have acquired a new skill that might make "Detection" usable, let's try it immediately.

Suu, haa.
Yosh.

"Detection" on.

Guhoa! ( グホアッ!)
Impossible impossible!
Off, off!

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Parallel Thought LV1』 has become 『Parallel Thought LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Detection LV4』 has become 『Detection LV5』》

Zee, haa. ( ゼー、ハー。)
My head hurts.
Well.
The skill level of "Parallel Thought" is 1.
Judging from the skills so far, I shouldn't expect much from a level 1.
I hardly felt any changes.

Although the skill level of "Parallel Thought" rose just now, "Detection" also rose at the same time.
It's pointless if "Detection" rose.
It's no good when the skill level of "Detection" rises because the information volume will increase.
If "Detection" rose whenever "Parallel Thought" rose, it's like a cat-and-mouse game.
The skill level of "Detection" rose whenever it's activated in an absurd speed. Rather than a cat-and-mouse game, I seemed to be left behind.
And the growth becomes faster by the effects of "Pride".

However, really, what is this guy called "Detection"?
What a terrible monster it is.
That I can't do anything.
I never thought that there was a formidable enemy of the Earth Dragon class so close to me.
I don't feel that I can win.

Anyway, for the time being, I should just wait for the skill level of "Parallel Thought" to rise.
At present, it doesn't seem to be able to divide thoughts, and the way to accumulate its skill proficiency that I can think is to think about something while looking at the appraisal results.
It will increase if I activate "Detection", but that would be putting the cart before the horse.

Muu.
But, I think that the idea itself is not wrong.
"Detection" should be usable if the thinking ability is enhanced.
But still, the "Parallel Thought" skill is the one with the highest possibility among the confirmed skills in the list.

Un.
I confirm the list once again.
My points have decreased, and the number of skills displayed from before decreased.
But still, a good amount is displayed.
Most of the skills are probably skills that can be acquired at 100 points.
Removing the skills that have some high abilities and mad skills
Well, I was able to acquire the "Pride" skill at 100 points somehow.

Skills that seem to be able to make "Detection" usable are.

『Calculation Processing:The calculation ability of the thought is enhanced』
『Memory:Improves memory』

I think that's all.
It's unexpectedly few.
And, I think that "Memory" is slightly different.
Then, it will be "Calculation Processing". But, if I acquire this, can "Detection" become usable?

Mumumu.
Even "Parallel Thought" that I thought to be the best is in this state.
"Calculation Processing" seem pointless when it's low level.

Ah, wait.
The "Calculation Processing", in short, it's mathematics, right?
Won't I acquire it if I do mental arithmetic?

Un.
I have free time when I'm walking, so it might be worth trying it.
Then, let's calculate 2n for a long time.

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64...

... 8192, 16384, err, is it 32768?
It's getting harder.
The next?
Hmm?

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Calculation Processing LV1』》

Oh!
Yosh yosh.
Goal achieved.

Un.
Let's try this once for the time being.
Although I think that it's probably useless, I will try taking the risk.

Suu, haa.
Yosh.

"Detection" on.

Guberaba! ( グベラバッ!)
Impossible impossible!
Off, off!

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Calculation Processing LV1』 has become 『Calculation Processing LV2』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Parallel Thought LV2』 has become 『Parallel Thought LV3』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Detection LV5』 has become 『Detection LV6』》
《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Heresy Resistance LV2』 has become 『Heresy Resistance LV3』》

Zee, haa.
My head hurts.
This is definitely impossible.
Impossible impossible.
My head will split.
I don't want pain.

Ah, nai wa.
I mean, "Pain Alleviation", what's wrong with you?
Although I have experienced a lot of near-death experiences, what's with that pain that I can't endure?
I mean, why did "Heresy Resistance" rose?
Is it that?
Is the attack of Detection-san that bad?
Is it okay to called it an attack now?
After all, the resistance rose.

Let's think seriously.
The reason "Heresy Resistance" rose should be that the effect of "Detection" is not only affects the thoughts, but it also affects the soul directly.
Perhaps, half of the headache comes from the soul?
Uwa, scary!
The soul won't wear out if I continue this, right?
I don't want to be cripple when I realized it.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Prediction LV3』 has become 『Prediction LV4』》

Ah, yes.
Thank god that the effect of "Prediction" is not guessing the right answer!
Safe.
It's safe because it's still a prediction.
Let's decide it like that.

Un.
But, then, can "Detection" be endured if I have the skill related to the soul?
But, there's no soul-related skills in the list.
The only skill is "Heresy Resistance".
I have no choice but to raise "Heresy Resistance".
... How to raise it?

Ah.
It's no use.
After all, let's decide to raise the skill level of "Parallel Thought" and "Calculation Processing" as originally planned.
The skill level of "Parallel Thought" and "Calculation Processing" rose when "Detection" is activated means that it's somehow working.
"Detection" is sealed again until then.
I'm scared when I use it badly.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Chapter! FIRST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what a character. The way she exaggerates the skill to be like the earth dragon. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why doesn't she try to calculate parallely by writing on the floor? Like left hand write 2,4,6 and so on.. Right hand write 3,6,9 and so on.. That way she can increase both [parallel thought] and [calculate processing] without having to activate [detection].. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But she does have eight legs ;P So she could probably do at least 4 or 6 calculations at once by using her leg to draw in the dirt like a pencil?

      Delete
  4. I think "Prediction" is a weird one, it can even be compared to "calculation processing" which i also find weird, because example if you want to predict someone future there are 3 clear once,
    1. you can actually see the future knowing nothing of the person in front of you.
    2. you have a whole lot of experience and can pretty much read every person like a book.
    3. you know the person or have done excessive research knowing every step they are going to take.

    "Calculating processing" is like number 3 having all the variables, knowing what is coming next.
    But what is this "Prediction" then? not really any of them, yet them all, I think it is most like 3, which is why I find it weird having both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's thought acceleration at the time of prediction. deduction but not approximation.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Detection ON
    2) Calculation Processing UP
    3) Heresy Resistance UP
    4) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    5) Mathematics is HERESY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

      Delete
    2. Math the bane of studentkind it hits right ingredients the soul (math is horrid in collage too)

      Delete
    3. In somehow became ingredients-_-

      Delete
  7. Yea, cause anyone can calculate 2 to the nth power right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to use some skill points for memory i have a test tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Improve your mental resistance by listening to supertone at max volume with headphones. (don't actually try this it will actually damage your ears)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanks for the chapter ^-^

    ReplyDelete