Pages

Thursday 6 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 76

Chapter 76.
Releasing until Q&A 8. Enjoy.

76 Let's become even hotter!

The middle layer capture is going well.
Although I met with several kinds of monsters other than the seahorse, all of them are not a big deal.
If only that there's no disadvantage in the terrain, I don't think I can lose.
However, the disadvantage in the terrain is a problem.

First of all, magma.
This is hard.
When the other party is in the magma, I can't do anything but throwing stones from here.
It won't deal a great damage even if I throw a stone.
After all, if the other party doesn't go up ashore, I can't do anything from here.

It's good if it comes up when its MP is exhausted like the seahorse, but it's troublesome that there are some monsters that stay inside the magma and some monsters that run away.
There's also a guy who starts on the land and once it gets cornered, it runs into the magma.

It's also hard that thread can't be used.
Although it can be used to throw stones, it will catch a fire on the land if I keep releasing it.
I'm troubled about the threads that I release unconsciously.
When I move, I will release threads unconsciously, but if I release it here, it will burn.
Having burnt, it moves like a fuse, and my buttocks will become hot.
At first, I panicked when my buttocks caught a fire.
My HP decreased considerably because of that.
My HP decreased further because I used "Poison Synthesis" to extinguish the fire.
After all, that's the only thing I have that can extinguish the fire.

Because it can't be helped, I cut the threads frequently.
If I don't do that, my buttocks will catch a fire again.
It's not a metaphor.

The bed is also a problem.
If I make a nest in such state, the nest will be burnt.
I have to give up on it because it can't be helped, so I decided to sleep in the shadow of the rock.

Well, there's no way I can sleep.
I have to sleep in this continuous damage terrain while being afraid of the monster's presence.
No matter how bold my nerve is, there's still a limit.
But still, I must sleep.
Although it can't be helped that I didn't sleep much, I make sure to sleep when I found a suitable rock.

Well, although the surroundings is more worse than the lower layer, the sole reason I survived is that the monsters are weak.
There's no great difference in strength if I were to compare the monsters here with the monsters in the upper layer.
There might be strong monsters in the area like the snake, but up until now, I have only encounter weak monsters.

The difference with the monsters in the upper layer is whether they use the terrain or not.
Because of this, the monsters that are not very strong become troublesome existence.
Really, it's good that I do my part by myself, but when it's done by the opponent, it's a troublesome thing.

Well, the number is large, but it's possible to do it.
As the result of training for leveling, I have become stronger.
If it's an opponent of this level, it's possible to win even if I think about the disadvantage in the terrain.
However, as long as the recovery means are few, it will be a pinch even if I receive only one attack, so I must be on guard.

Besides, the monsters here have another troublesome property.

Three monsters appear in front of me.

『Elro Piek LV8
Status
 HP:164/164(Green)
 MP:166/168(Blue)
 SP:175/175(Yellow)
   :176/181(Red)
 Average Offensive Ability:137
 Average Defensive Ability:123
 Average Magic Ability:121
 Average Resistance Ability:117
 Average Speed Ability:143
 Failed to appraise its status』
『Elro Piek LV8
Status
 HP:163/163(Green)
 MP:169/170(Blue)
 SP:174/174(Yellow)
   :170/183(Red)
 Failed to appraise its status』
『Elro Piek LV8
Status
 HP:166/166(Green)
 MP:169/169(Blue)
 SP:177/177(Yellow)
   :178/182(Red)
 Failed to appraise its status』

This guy is a monster that have the appearance of a red dog.
Although it has a relatively cute appearance, this guy's ability is relatively nasty.
Especially, the compatibility with me is bad.

First of all, its nose is good.
It's a dog after all.
My "Stealth" is easily seen through and it attacks me.
Because of that, I can't do the usual surprise attack.
Well, it never succeeded much after I enter the middle layer, so this is irrelevant,

And, next is this.
The red dog's body is covered with fire.

Right, this red dog, fire is clad in its body.
It's hard to interfere it from here when it's in fire.
I will receive damage just by touching it directly.
This is the troublesome characteristic of the monsters in this middle layer.
The body is hot overall.

There's guy that can sets fire on its body like the red dog, and even those that don't do it, is also considerably hot.
The seahorse is also the same.
And, when I touch them directly, I will receive damage.
I endured it when it's the seahorse, but as expected, the amount of damage won't be a joke if I do it against opponents that can ignite themselves like the red dog.

So, I took certain countermeasures.

I avoid the red dog's attack.
Although these guys' speed are so-so, still, it's slower than me.
It's easy to avoid.

After avoiding the second one, I avoid the third one by jumping.
And then, when the overhead of a red dog is going to pass under me, I activate "Poison Synthesis".

The red dog bathed directly in a powerful venom falls by momentum.
Although my poison is strong, the monsters here probably don't have "Poison Resistance".
That's why, it's can be defeated easily if I pour poison on it.
Because I don't need to touch the opponent, I don't receive any damage.

I visited the remaining pitiful red dogs with venom.

20 comments:

  1. FIRST! Thanks for the chapter:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, so much to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these chapters!! WARGH *outburst of happiness* so much to read.
    I really appreciate the hard work you do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title "Let's become more hotter" is slightly incorrect. The world "more" is used with verbs that don't have another version, such as "determined, more determined, most determined". The verb 'hot', though, has 'hotter' and 'hottest'. In the case where you mean hotter than just 'hotter' but not really hot enough to be 'hottest', the sentence would be "Let's become even hotter".

    Other than that, thank you for your amazing work! xDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. e-e-e-eight chapter today??? th-thank you very much!!

    PS : don't make me pray so that your internet is down forever.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why doesn't she just coat the rocks with poison?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can also be affected by her own poison.

      Delete
    2. And so? She has very hight poison resistance and can use weaker position becouse monsters there don't have posion resisnares prpbapro

      Delete
  10. Has she been eating the monsters in the middle layer? I would think that fire resistance would go up if she does although her health might go down because of the heat, especially if the flames stay for awhile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been eating them, but they don't remain on-fire post-mortem. Some remain heated enough to damage her, but to begin with insects have bad compatibility with heat.

      Delete
  11. Why she doesn't use poison bullet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a poison magic, as far as I know, and Kumo-chan can't use magic yet.

      Delete
  12. A question? Where is the q&a 1-6??

    ReplyDelete