Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 98

Chapter 98.


98 Look at my eyes!

"Evil Eye of Curse LV1" was acquired.
Waai.
Now that I have acquired it, I must look for a monster that will become my guinea pig.
Thus, let's look for the thing like that from the information of Detection-san.

Mu.
Mumumu.
It looks like there's something over there.
Although I can't grasp the information accurately because there's still a distance, it looks like it's coming up to the land.
It's just right in time, so let's have this guy be the guinea pig.

『Elro Geafrog LV4
Status
 HP:85/85(Green)
 MP:75/75(Blue)
 SP:68/68(Yellow)
   :68/68(Red)
 Average Offensive Ability:67
 Average Defensive Ability:59
 Average Magic Ability:46
 Average Resistance Ability:46
 Average Speed Ability:43
Skill
 「Poison Synthesis LV3」「Acid Attack LV3」「Shoot LV4」「Swim LV2」「Night Vision LV7」「Poison Resistance LV2」「Acid Resistance LV2」「Heat Nullity」』

Ah, it's the frog's evolved form.
I think this guy is the frog's evolved form.
Although it didn't became so strong, I think that it evolves to adapt in the middle layer's environment.
There's "Heat Nullity".

And, I think that the guy that has "Night Vision" even though this area is bright probably is from the upper layer.
Because the upper layer and the lower layer are pitch-dark.
Something like it strayed off from the upper layer and evolved driven by the necessity.
I hope that there are no monsters that come up from the lower layer to the middle layer.
If such monsters evolve to adapt in the middle layer's environment, it's frightening.

And, I noticed something after looking at this frog's skill, the attack that I thought was a saliva seems to be the same "Poison Synthesis" as me.
It seems to fire it with the "Shoot" skill.
What a good skill.
I want it too.
Then, I can shoot a powerful poison bullet that can't be compared with this frog.
Will the skill proficiency accumulates if I shoot out threads vigorously from my buttocks?

Let's kill it quickly while Information in charge is thinking about stupid things.
First of all, I set all of the damage of Weak Poison to the lowest by "Poison Synthesis".
And, increase paralysis to the maximum.
The frog has "Poison Resistance", so it won't die with the Weak Poison like this.
I approach quietly towards the frog's back, and Weak Poison Synthesis.
Yes, the frog's experiment body is completed.

Ah, Body in charge, Good Job.
With this, I can experiment my "Evil Eye of Curse" without reserve.
Yosh, then, Evil Eye activate!
Un.
Activated without a problem.
How does it feel?

O-Oh.
The frog's HP, MP and SP are decreasing slowly.
As expected, the damage is slow if it's level 1.
Although both yellow and red decrease in SP, the yellow one recovers fast, so there's no effect on it.
The damage might become higher if the level rises.
Then, I wonder can I always make my opponent into the state of shortness of breath.
How nasty.
Ah, but the HP will be exhausted before that.
HP and SP have roughly the same numerical value.

Oh, the status also decrease.
There's a character said as "Decreasing" added next to the numerical value.
And, the maximum value with the parenthesis is displayed next to the current numerical value.
Hohou.
When receiving an attack that decreases the status, it's displayed like this.
If I were to see this, I would know that I received an attack.
As expected from Appraisal-sama, no blunders at all.

And, as expected, this Evil Eye is not a passive skill that has no consumption.
My MP decreases.
But, the decrease is not so fast.
It decrease by 1 for about 10 seconds.
Because the damage to the frog is 1 for around 5 seconds, it's not bad for its efficiency.
When I think from my MP now, I can activate it for more than 50 minutes, so the cost-effectiveness seems to be efficient.
The damage speed will increase if the level rises.

Ah, the frog's paralysis seems to expire.
Just when I thought of it, Body in charge added "Poison Synthesis" once.
As expected from me.
Quick correspondence.

Hmm.
Although its HP keeps decreasing smoothly, the decrease of its status became not good enough.
Although it decrease until half of the status at the same speed as HP, it hardly decreases after that.
I wonder, is there a limit value in the status decrease.
Well, if I think about it, that's obvious.
If it continues to decrease, it's likely that the defensive ability will become 0.
What's that paper.
It's a weak constitution that can't even be called as a paper anymore.

But, it's considerably big if it decreases until half.
Although it doesn't have much effect on small fries like the frog, if status of powerful monsters like the eel is reduced by half....
Because monsters rely on status more than skill in the battle, status weakening means that it's a great weakening of that guy.
If the status of the eel becomes half, there's no great difference between the eel and the catfish.
This can become the trump card of anti-powerful monsters.
I must give priority to raise this skill level in the future.

Hmm?
Huh?
The frog died!?
Huh?
I'm sure that it still has HP remain.
Somehow the HP decreased rapidly, but why?
Ah, the red SP is exhausted before the HP decreases.
Ah, that's why.
When the red SP is exhausted, the HP will decrease rapidly.
Terrifying!?
Uwa.
Then, it would be very dangerous immediately after evolution.
Thank god that there's meal.
Although my red SP will not be exhausted quickly thanks to "Overeating", let's be careful from now on.

Anyway, "Evil Eye of Curse" is quite useful.
I will activate it when I have extra MP in order to accumulate skill proficiency.
Un.
When something happens, I will leave half of my MP, and I will allocate the remaining MP in the Evil Eye.
I can activate Evil Eye even while I'm moving.

50 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! This seems to be far more useful than I had thought.
      I am looking forward to how much damage it would do per second when it evolves XD XD

      Delete
  2. Ugh~ If she plan to acquire multiple evil eyes then the dream of half-girl, half-monster is fading~
    Because a girl body only has two eyes, that means the abilities will be lost or suppressed~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spider-centaurs have 10 eyes in many depictions, though?

      Delete
    2. I don't really get the half-girl bit going around. Wouldn't that be a weakness while she's in the dungeon? I'll see it as a weakness over all, but I'd be more understanding if it happens when she gets out.

      Delete
    3. An Arachne is probably what you are talking about, interestingly enough an Arachne though having a humanoid upper, that upper does have multiple eyes.

      This is an image of a "cute" Arachne.
      http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dailylifewithamonstergirl/images/b/ba/1385879867712.png/revision/latest?cb=20140421145236

      Delete
    4. Yeah, most spider girls i have seen always seem to have more than the normal amount of eyes, so i don't really see the problem.

      Delete
    5. She might also end up with 2 eyes on the human body and 8 on the spider

      Delete
    6. Spoilers:

      i think it's fine since i saw one of the post earlier claiming that in the raws the demon king was a spider but was able to transform into human form. It seems kumoko-chan's mother was a tier below the demon king, i think it was spider queen or something...

      Delete
    7. Spider-centaurs... what is that? Is it some kind of half Man, half horse, half spider?

      Guys im being super serial right now! we have to stop Manhorsespider!

      Delete
    8. What about combinations of evil eyes? To like one or two?

      Delete
    9. she can has two eyes, but something like compound eyes in them, like the fly :P

      Delete
    10. Or maybe she could have multiple eyes, two on the front, and the rest can be camouflaged below her hair.

      ...or maybe she will become two-eyed. If she can transform from eight-limbs into four-limbs, it shouldn't be that hard to combine eight-eyes into two.

      Delete
    11. Even if she will have less eyes then the evil-eye variations it won't mean that she will be unable to use some of them. Some of them might have longer duration so it will be still in affect after she switched to another type.
      Or these skills might merge together when they reach lvl 10 (or by evolving/gaining titles).

      Delete
  3. thanks, and waiting for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update, always so quick and on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so short! Heh Oh well thanks for the chaps

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see her evolve into a powerful demonic Arachne that will conquer the labyrinth. Then she become the nxt demon lord that will fight the next hero which is the fourth prince..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and ofcourse this is just a theory and i hope it will be true

      Delete
    2. Same here but Kumoko-chan would probably be unwillingly dragged into it considering her personality lol

      Delete
    3. Same here but Kumoko-chan would probably be unwillingly dragged into it considering her personality lol

      Delete
  7. lol, "let's kill it while the other me is thinking about stupid things" I laughed so hard. Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's translate it while the other me is working on real life things.
    Eh?
    I don't have such a skill?
    Then how are these chapters coming out every day?
    ...Scary. Isn't that OP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it's not passive then why can't she get all of them? Granted the Heresy ones seem somewhat useless since she'll be able to use them once she gains the ability to use magic.

      Delete
    2. I'm confused. It's unlikely, but did you miss the part where it costs skill points to acquire the abilities? Gotta be efficient.

      Delete
    3. She obviously doesn't care about skill points. She's trying to get the maximum amount of eye abilities to use consecutively. I'm pointing out that she's acting like they're locked to one eye when that doesn't really seem to be the case.

      Delete
    4. If I'm understanding you correctly, then you're saying that she thinks each eye skill is tied to one eye permanently? I thought that she was just thinking that you can only use one eye skill per eye, which means she would only be able to use a maximum of eight concurrently.

      Delete
    5. Don't forget that evil eye skills can evolve too.

      Delete
    6. Even if she can only use eight at the same she'd be able to switch them based on the situation. Anyway like I said the heresy abilities are redundant. She can use them with heresy magic so there's no real point in prioritizing them.

      Delete
  10. you can think in stupid things while you are productive OP!!
    thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol.. i can only see the "parallel intent" skill as a comedy skill to relieve stress of being alone..
    Thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She may also be able to use it to avoid sleeping. Have one mind sleep while the other controls the body.

      Delete
    2. agree, for comedy sake.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the chapters! Very much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I will activate it when my MP has the composure to accumulate skill proficiency" -> "I will activate it when I have extra MP in order to accumulate skill proficiency"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aka: she'll randomly activate it while walking around..... sounds like a great way to pull aggro from something you should not piss off..... like ''Mom'' xD

      Delete
  15. Since when did she learn to make non-lethal poison, I thought weak poison would do damage no matter what. Or should I just believe she checked the damage along the way and removed it the equation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has that poison skill that allows her to adjust the attributes of the poison she creates with magic and she can use it to lower damage to the minimum.

      Delete
    2. yeah and the frog have poison resistance too

      Delete
  16. as for the latest translated chapter i imagine her look like this except for the head
    http://www.topbest.ph/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Klendathu-Arachnids.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She could become like the jagon eye for heie and appear only when in use

    ReplyDelete
  19. She could become like the jagon eye for heie and appear only when in use

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete