Pages

Sunday 30 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter B2

Balto 2.
Only two chapters today.

B2 Maou-sama is dismayed

I confirm the import of goods and take a breath.
Our side has considerably worn out in the previous great war too.
Weapons, foods, and life goods.
It's the situation where it's insufficient no matter how many goods we have.

I swallow the desire that wants to take a rest somehow, and move.
I have a lot of things to do.

I'm pressed to reorganized for the next departure and the confirmation of the Demon army damage situation from the previous great war.

We were able to inflict considerable damage to the Humans in the previous great war.
Especially, the Hero was killed.
The Hero is the best force of the Humans.
If that is lost, the Human's morale will drop too.
Although a new Hero might be born somewhere, it will take time to find the person, and even if the person becomes the Hero, it may not be strong at first.
There's a possibility that it's a child.
Because it's said that the Hero killed this time inherited the Hero title during his childhood, so it's not impossible.

However, the damage here is also large.
It's large to have lost General Agna who led the First Army.
That person was a person who had the power, experience, and knowledge to the extent that he can be the Demon King.
He has been annihilated together with the army by the Myth rank monster, Queen Taratect that appeared in the battlefield suddenly.
This loss is too big.

Queen Taratect.
A super-rank monster that appeared suddenly and disappeared suddenly.
I don't think that it appeared in the battlefield accidentally.
If that's the case,....

「Oh? Isn't it Balto? What's wrong?」

I endure my body that almost trembled somehow.
When I turned around, there's the figure of the person who I don't want to meet now.
It's Maou-sama.
Standing beside her is Shiro.

「Hey hey. It looks like you're working busily. Hardship hardship」
「If you think so, please help a little」
「But I refuse」

The laughing Maou-sama.
It looks like her mood is unusually good.
Shiro who's at the side pulls Maou-sama's sleeve.

「Ah, right. Balto, did the luggage reach?」
「Luggage, is it? If it's the import of goods, it's completed」
「Oh! Shiro-chan, we can't stay here like this! Balto, there's a luggage for me, right?」
「Eh?」
「Eh?」

Maou-sama and I tilt our heads to the side.
I think that there was no such luggage.

「By the way, what are the contents?」
「The finest Kurikuta set」
「Ah」

I have an idea about that luggage.

「Ah? It's there, isn't it? So, where is it?」

This is bad.
I didn't know that it was Maou-sama's luggage.

「Well, I gave it to Sanatoria」
「Why!?」
「I'm sorry. Because Sanatoria likes to eat the Kurikuta fruit since the old days, I misunderstood that it was her thing」
「Wh...at...?」

The depressed Maou-sama.
Shiro who leaves Maou-sama and begins to run.
Maou-sama and I return to consciousness, and chase Shiro.
Ahead of my sight after turning the corner of the hallway, Shiro was smashing the door of Sanatoria's room.

「Eh!? What!?」

Sanatoria's surprised voice sounds.
Shiro stiffens in the state that the door was smashed.
She opens her eyes wide.

When I see the room, there was the figure of Sanatoria and Kogou.
And, the empty tableware placed on the table.

「A-Ah...」

Shiro speaks in a despaired voice.
Maou-sama also becomes stiff staring at the empty tableware.

「Fuu」
「Shiro-chan!?」

Shiro fell suddenly.
Falls backward from the head.
A dull sound is made and stopped moving.

「Gyaa!? Shiro-chan!?」

Is it a shock to not being able to eat the fruit to the extent that she will lose consciousness?
It becomes doubtful whether she really the person who killed the Hero.
However, I can understand it if I see that eyes a little while ago.
At the moment I saw it, fear runs in my body.

「This is bad! Shiro-chan is not breathing! MEDIC!」

Maou-sama runs off while carrying Shiro.

Leaving behind me and the two who don't understand the situation.
Sanatoria sinks down on the spot.
Kogou also looks pale.

「What is it?」
「Ah. Sorry. The fruits that have been delivered here was actually Maou-sama's thing that I delivered by mistake」

It seems that Sanatoria understands from that.

「I thought that it was strange because I didn't ask for it. Because I was talking with Kogou, we ate it together」
「Sorry. It's my mistake」
「Please do the follow-up properly, okay? I don't want to be executed for such a foolish reason」
「Ah」

There's no way that a precious General will be executed for such a foolish thing.
But, I'm not sure because it's that Maou-sama.

「However, it's unusual for you to talk with Kogou」
「It's just right. You should also join」
「What?」
「The contact with the Elves」
「What?」
「It looks like General Agna has advanced the negotiations with the Elves. They came into contact with me」
「Is that true?」
「Yes. Do you have the mind to betray that Demon King and side with us?」

My movement stops by Sanatoria's words.

「You heard it, right? Blow's last moment. While Shiro has the power to instant kill the Hero, she overlooked easily that Blow was killed. If we follow that Demon King, it's clear that we will also be used and crushed sooner and later. If we deceive that Demon King in collusion with the Elves, we should be able to defeat her」

I look at the direction where Maou-sama disappeared slowly.

「Blow is your younger brother, right? Aren't you frustrated?」
「Of course I'm frustrated」

A low voice came out even if I say so myself.
Sanatoria draws back one step to my voice.
I let out a sigh to that state.

「This is the friendship of a childhood friend. I will pretend that I didn't hear this story」
「So, you won't join?」
「Because there's no winning chance」
「Why do you think so?」
「I can't win her. If she feels like it, she can even exterminate the Humans and the Demons alone. I know that. That's why, I can't do such a suicidal action like opposing her」

I turn my back on Sanatoria who became silent and the flustered Kogou who has not even said a word from a while ago.

「You should reconsider it」
「I will return those words as it is completely」

I began to walk without looking back.



*************************


「I have heard it, I have heard it. Elves, huh? They are annoying by now」

57 comments:

  1. next target has been confirmed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kumo-ko = shiro?
    Kumo-ko = .maou?

    Both of them behave like her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont think she can talk to others that much as she indicate that herself previous chaps, so more like shiro
      Should wait for more to confirm that

      Delete
    2. Did you forget her kill them all personality change recently.
      People saying D is the Demon Lord, I think they are wrong I mean from the chapter when she was talking to Kumoko-chan she had a personality that just says I'll let other do the work while I laugh at their struggles.

      Delete
    3. but I think D migth be the only one who does her work right xD
      Beeing an evil goddes, having fun, pushing them into a way that will make the world right, no matter whats the outcome xd

      Delete
    4. Pretty sure she gave one of her parallel wills a body, im guessing shiro is magic in charge? Afterall, she says shiro is the strongest, and we all know kumokos the strongest in her magic department.

      Delete
    5. I think the author is trying to lead into Kumoko=Maou then then go "Surprise, it's actually Shiro."
      I mean the fruit they mentioned is the one kumoko tasted for the first time in just the previous chapters. Maou's reaction was just not good enough. Running and busting down the door then having a fit when the sweet fruits are gone, yep, that's our kumo alright. In my opinion, D=Maou.

      The author is probably showing us the future, the outside of it, while the regular chapter explain how things reached that point. But I'm sure he intents to play with our expectations and have the behind the scenes turn out to be completely different.

      Or I could be wrong and our kumoko turns psycho. Bad ends are kind of a thing lately. Who knows?

      Delete
    6. lol that makes sooo entirely no sense XD
      it's like you didn't read all the chapters with the many hints about the parallels to spider-chan kumoko.
      that demonlord is kumoko is absolutely without question... entirely.. 1000%tigly... thinking something is totally impossible..
      About shiro, who knows, might as well be one of her egos, much more interesting to me is the reason why she goes amok.

      Delete
    7. The thing is that she probably has many more wills at this point in time. She probably had enough to put three in Shiro if that's what it is.

      Delete
    8. Kumoko is Shirou, it have been confirmed n the later chapter at chapter 186 Raw. As for the Maou well we still have to wait.

      Delete
    9. Please don't spoil and it have NOT been literally confirmed. There's another bunch of hints but still it's really not confirmed.

      Delete
    10. In my opinion kumoko is the demon lord, and D is shiro. And Shiro is acting like that because she will be punished by kumoko because of the fruits.

      Delete
    11. You underestimate D... D is not among them

      Delete
  3. Parallel Thought in different bodies? Thank you so much for all your hard work, I love this one with unholy love and AM SO CURIOUS!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe one of the her magic in charge or some other new parallel thought gain a physical body and become shiro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itßs Body in Charge with Administrator-Power xD

      Delete
  5. maybe is shiro = pure or white kumoko.... and maou = dark kumoko (taboo side)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why everyone believe Kumo-chan is maou\Shiro?
    Am i the only one who does not think so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of her corrosion skill she used to wipe out the hero, they haven't introduced anyone else with corrosion but the slugs, so there really isn't anyone else to think it is.

      Delete
    2. The maou also used a high level thread ability to control the other demons. There's the fixation on food. The queen spider she summoned.

      Delete
    3. Re-read the series and then use your head a bit.

      Delete
    4. ma ma wait in next next next ... chapter it clear

      Delete
  7. Maybe plot twist, Maou is Kumoko's daughter, and Shiro is her clone.
    Truly twist lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Yuugo! You are the only one that can step on par with kumoko!
    ...
    ...
    ...
    eh, No matter what, you will be dead if she is the opponent?
    My condolences for everyone else. Forget I asked, Yuugo-san.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, even if she can't, if she finds all 5 queen taratects they'd all be screwed, with her huge mana pool she could probably teleport all of them with ease

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Kumoko is Shiro? Those evil demons ate the poor girl's fruit XD

    Thanks for the chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping for a collaboration between the maou and the hero lol. Still wondering if anyone contacted kumoko about being a reincarnated per..... spider

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the chapter, shiro must be a spawn of kumo-chan, but the maou still like D and kumo-chan so dunno who is it, but i do think it's kumoko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when those guys are trying to stand up, kumo-chan was already slaying dragos? After a few years Kumo-chan was more or less a adm.

      Delete
  14. as demonlord she might already have the Administrator-Status.
    So NOTHING beside other Administrators can defeat her, i mean, the rules of that world don´t work on her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jair: "Why everyone believes Kumo-chan is Maou\Shiro?"

    Because it´s obvious?

    Because the pair Maou/Shiro act just like Kumoko, like the same things and have the same powers (thread, transfer, evil eye, etc.)?

    Because the words used to describe Shiro are exactly the same words used to describe Julius's scarf, which was made of pure white spider silk, making it clear that Shiro is a puppet body made of silk and controlled by one of Kumoko's wills?

    Because Kumoko, after taboo illumination, decided that the only thing for her to do was to mass-kill humans and demons (thus complying to D's wishes, who had planned for her to play that role since long ago) and that's exactly what Maou is doing?

    Because Admin Kuro is always at her side, making sure she doesn't use the full extent of her powers, forcing her to play the game in a normal way and by the rules of W -- exactly as Kumoko had predicted would happen?

    Really, there are plenty of reasons. But I do think all of them can be easily summarized in the first one I gave you: BECAUSE IT'S F***KING OBVIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well. you know, author really purposedly points that maou/shiro might be kumoko, so suspicious. but it's still is not confirmed in the main story.

      Author can turn everything totally unexpectedly, mocking on our expectations. At least i really hope he'll write something outrageous!

      Delete
  16. Ah you mean like he describes someone buying chocolate ice cream, which tastes like chocolate ice-cream, looks like chocolate ice-cream, talks like chocolate ice... wait what? OH PLOT TWIST IT WAS ALL A DREAM!
    Something like this? lol....

    ReplyDelete
  17. GASP.

    I think I might've got it.

    Maou isn't Kumoko at all.

    SHIRO is Kumoko.
    MAOU is D!

    If it's that, then it makes sense! D created Kumoko to what she is, since she has the administrator ability to bestow skills. Also granted her the Taboo skill and made her learn the truth of the world. Favored her with the Wisdom skill, and also doubt that something like the Pride of Patience skill would be something so easily acquirable.

    Kumoko has evil eyes, so she can't open her eyes all the time! D has never showed her power, but then it may have been Kumoko who was pulling the strings in that conference before. Kumoko has corrosion attack, she loves those fruits, she's in all white (which is probably spider thread), she's SILENT because of her horrible people skills. If you think about it, why would Kumoko be talking this much to other people anyways?!

    Maou's behavior seems much more like D's personality now.

    Un. The more I think about it the more this makes sense.

    Maou = D
    Shiro = Kumoko

    I'm sure that must be the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the chapter "Human-Demon Great War Secret" the Demon King and Kuro aka Administrator Gyuriedistodiez are having a heated discussion when the Demon King says, "What? Kuro-chan is going to oppose? I don't mind, you know?"
      Kuro responds with "Do you understand? Even if it's you, you can't win against me"
      The Demon King replies "There's no way that I don't understand. I said it on top of that. You can do as you please if you want to oppose me"
      From these line we can tell that the Demon King in not Administrator D. After all Administrator D would probably be able to defeat a fellow Administrator.

      Delete
    2. spoiler: Kumoko is Shiro, but she learned a way to affect other spiders, the current demon king is an high specie of spider, she is affected by Kumoko, the giant queen taratect is also affected

      Delete
  18. she probably is on the same level as kuro(his adminname is toooooo long) but there are more admins and she cant fight them all thats the reason he lives probably

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm ignoring the spoilers...but I don't know whose Kumoko now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maou says the same thing kumoko says to her alt personalities. When body says, "fine you take over". Because body is slow at peeling the sclaes off. But kumoko replies, "but I refuse". Maou says the same thing to balto, when he asks for help.... I'm surprised no one picked up on this lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol. Hyperlinked from chapter 282 and I have to say this is hilarious. All these theories in the comments and the very last line.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This really isn't your typical other world story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Four words evil eyes of extinction

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel like ether demon lord is kumo-chan and shiro is another spider that she created or kumo-chan is shiro and the demon lord is a superior spider of some kind

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's higher than administrators, if what I think is right, the white girl is D

    ReplyDelete