Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter S11

Side story 11, no Shun 11 I think.
This chapter is translated with a headache. Ugh... just when I thought that its fun translating the side stories....Ugh. Hope that it's readable.
Anyway, that's all for today.
By the way, the author naming sense is quite....

Names:

ポティマス・ハァイフェナス = Potimas Hyphenath
フィリメス・ハァイフェナス = Firimes Hyphenath

S11 Elf girl

I was called by Father.
And in addition to that, it's Katia and me.
Without knowing what's the matter, both of use tilt our head to the side.


「Is this possibly an engagement?」
「Ha? Who's?」
「You and me」

I can't think of a word after hearing Katia's astounding words.


「No, that's impossible」
「Well, it's impossible for us. But, what about the people of the surroundings? We are man and woman of the same age who are in a good family. Furthermore, our relationship is also good. Then, it's not strange even if it's a discussion of getting engage before it's too late」

When it's said like that, it might be possible.
I'm one of the royal family, and Katia is the daughter of the Duke's house that has a history.
We go well together.


「But, are you okay with it?」
「Like I'm fine with it! I can't even imagine getting married with a man. But, it's likely to happen sooner or later, so don't you think that we should be prepared for this?」
「You, I never thought that you will think about it」
「That's rude. But, you being the fiance is way better than someone I don't know. You know my circumstances, and when the time comes, we can just show a bad appearance and we can cancel the engagement in mutual agreement」

There's such a move too.
Fiance, although I have never thought of that so far, I'm one of the royal family, so it's not weird even if such discussion comes.
If that's the case, then it might be convenient if Katia becomes my fiancee that both of us are not conscious of it..
However, excluding one point.


「And, what will you do about Sue?」
「Ah」

Right.
My younger sister, Sue doesn't allows anyone to approach me.
Recently, she allows Katia a little, but I don't know what will happen when it becomes an engagement.


「Then, I might get killed by that girl」
「As expected, that's an exaggeration」
「... I think it's possible」

Although Sue is raised like that, she's not to that extent.


Meanwhile, a man and a small girl enter the waiting room.
Katia and I look at the two who entered the room, and our mouth opened wide.
The ear of the two who entered the room were longer than human's ear.


「Nice to meet you. This occasion, I came to this country as the goodwill ambassador of the elf, named Potimas Hyphenath. I'm the one who called both of you. Hereafter, at your own discretion」

That man, Potimas of the elf introduced in an indifferent tone.
It's my first time to meet an elf.
Although I know that there's elf in this world, when seeing the real thing, the real feeling that this is a different world surges.


「Fumu. You have it」

Potimas close his eyes partly together with an uncomfortable feeling.


「Oka, these two have it. The rest is all yours」
「Hai haai. I understand」
「Then, I will take my leave」
「I appreciate your efforts」

Potimas goes out of the room quickly.
Katia and I who were left behind can only be dumbfounded.
Without even the time for us to introduce ourselves, he left just like that.
Without understanding what to do, I look at the small girl.


「Fumu fumuu. Then, I will introduce myself. My name now is Firimes Hyphenath. Please take care of me from now on」

Katia and I look at each other.
Even if such a small girl introduces herself, we don't know what to do afterwards.


「I think that it's a manner to introduce yourself if the teacher introduce herself. How about it?」
「I'm sorry. I'm the fourth prince of this country, Shurein Zagan Anareich」
「I'm the eldest daughter of the Anabald Duke's house, Carnatia Seri Anabald」

We introduce ourselves because we were prompt by the girl.


「Un un. Prince-sama and Duke-sama. That's nice. Moeruu (萌えるぅー )」

I stiffen by that word.
From a while ago, this girl unusual speaking way, and that speech and behavior is similar to a person I know.
Katia also seems to be the same as her eyes are opened wide.


「Oka-chan!?」
「You shouldn't attach 'chan' to a teacher's name, you know?  But, you're right」

The girl in front of us was our class teacher in the previous life, Oka-chan aka Okazaki Kanami-sensei.


This teacher who's called by the nickname of Oka-chan was quite a regrettable person.
When she was a student, she imitated the tone of a character from the manga she likes, and it became her normal tone.
She enters a university and majors in history just because of the sengoku manga.
She became a teacher after drafting the Reverse Genji plan (逆光源氏計画).
She was a quite regrettable teacher.
However, that regrettable part is greatly received by the students, and she was popular.


「So, why is Sensei here?」
「That's because I know that both of you are here. It became quite a news, you know?  Few outrageous geniuses were born in Anareich」

We who met our teacher after a long time, speak in Japanese.
We already told her our previous life's name.
The moment she heard Katia's name, her eyes opened wide, but in the next moment, she spatter 「Moeru」.


「You came to meet us specially?」
「That's not the only purpose. Even though I may appear this way, Sensei is a teacher. After all, I think that I must confirm my student's safety. Well, the point where we reborn, there's no safety on it」

Although Sensei says it jokingly, I think that the will is splendid.
I never took consideration on anything other than trying to live in this world.
I never think of searching for my other classmates.


「This world is dangerous unlike Japan. It's better if I do it quickly so that I can protect you all」

I also have never thought about that.
There are monsters in this world, if I think about it, it's natural, and yet because I'm safe, I think that my classmates are also safe.


「Then, will Sensei protect us?」
「No no. I can't take you along because both of your position doesn't allows me. Normally, the person must wish for it by himself to be protected in the Village of Elf」
「That means, some of them are found?」
「Hai. 12 people in the Village of Elf, and the other students that we were able to contact, adding you two, it will be 5 people. The whereabouts of another 2 people were confirmed, so I'm going to meet them later」

There were 25 students in our class.
That means, there are only 6 people that their whereabouts are not confirmed.
But, on the contrary, there might be no whereabouts of the another 6 people.
Finding only 6 students in this huge world must be considerably difficult.


「Sensei, you go so far to do that just for us」
「It's my responsibility as the teacher. Besides, most of students are found as a Human race in the Human race territory. It's not that difficult as said」

But still, it's obvious that Sensei have put much efforts in it.
I bow once again to Sensei.


「Well, although it's a another story, Sensei is going to enroll the school in this country soon. At that time, let's have a detailed talk again」

Katia and I also will go to the school soon.
My new life has approached close by.

48 comments:

  1. Ty for the chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. She enters a university that mains in history <===
    She enters a university and majors in history

    12 people in the Village of Elf, and the other students that we were able to contact, adding you two, it will be 5 people <====
    2 people in the Village of Elf, and the other students that we were able to contact, adding you two, it will be 5 people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no. 12 people in the elf village. 5 people outside of the elf village, including these 2.

      Delete
    2. Fixed the first one. As for the second one, it's just like what Lim En Yong said. Anyway, thanks

      Delete
  3. Naming sense is quite cool you mean? Haha wow this teacher is one responsible person. And so the S is confirm Shun now? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm not sure S stands for Shun but seeing that you guys are debating on Y, I thought that it might be so.

      Delete
    2. In this case Y might stands for Yuusha ?

      Delete
    3. Y for Yuusha so S for Sensei is possible?

      Delete
    4. Baka y for Japanese name of hero and S for shun

      Delete
  4. Thank for your hard work, rest in peace.......i mean take a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like most of them became humanoids... MC really drew the short straw, huh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends, maybe she doesn't mind the body and safety-wise she will be op through her experiences.
      What happens to nicely sheltered humans once there is a war with monsters?

      Delete
  6. I'm honestly surprised that so many people reincarnated as humans. I expected more of them as monster/animal incarnations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... there goes my pet theory that half of the classroom is reincarnated as monsters, drat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can make do with 6, especially if they are awesome =)..... would be cool if those earth dragons are two of them, just swaggering around sweeping up cobwebs..... dammit.... Ive got a new pet theory.

      Delete
    2. Well some might be beastmen but that doesn't necessarily classify them as monsters

      Delete
  8. Burning..?
    Moe (from moeru/moyasu sprout/burn) maybe ?
    In that case you may better left it as moe (or moeru) in japanese (like "idaten") as it is not really translatable in english and the term "moe" is used as net slang also in english.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did she can find them? Did the teacher has appraisal too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i would guess that the kingdom made a huge song and dance about them after their whole appraisal ceremony, i mean they have prodogy level skills and they probably made a huge fuss over them both having an un-appraisable skill, information travels, teacher heard it and bam,.

      Delete
    2. The other elf has appraisal.

      Delete
    3. They all have the unreadable reincarnated "skill" so the odd, older elf could discern if they have that "skill" or not.

      Delete
  10. Thank you so very much for all your hard work!!! I hope your headache gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now. How are they going to find Kumo-chan? Poor Kumo-chan ; -;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again for the chapters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If u think about it kumo chans lifestyle of her previous life matches the life of a spider quite well, antisolical, build a nest, gloomy, on rpgs likes to be quick and squishy with lots of firepower.
    Also i hate these teacher types, this oka-chan reminds me of the teacher from arifureta who take their job way too seriously, can't she just enjoy her new life as a reincarnated person instead of going out of her way to find all her students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this might be too late of a reply since I just started reading this but... that teacher became one of the wives of Hajime so its all cool -w-

      Delete
    2. I hate you why are you spoiling me arifureta ending PS. Someone has link to good page where chapters of arifureta are in sequence?

      Delete
    3. Better than Murakami in death mage doesnt want a fourth time. Sensei goes full mental and kills a bunch of students repeatedly.

      Delete
    4. Damn, there is really exist someone who hating on responsible teacher somehow.

      Delete
    5. Shiro, while a bit late, if you still haven't read Arifureta wn you can find it here (full and complete with the afterstory on a different website than the main):

      https://www.novelupdates.com/series/arifureta-shokugyou-de-sekai-saikyou/

      Delete
  14. I have a feeling Kumoko may be either the only monster reincarnator or of 2. if the rest of them turn out to be monsters that would be rare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't help but feel that while it's a nice sentiment she has, trying to find all her former students, the fact of the matter is, they are former students. So what if she was reincarnated with her previous memories. Expecting a young girl to seek out and take care of 25 other people is ridiculous and only shows how naive their teacher is and how little she thinks of their current world. Unless she became a godling during the reincarnation process, the odds of her being able to protect even a majority of the students much less all is inherently slim in a more brutal world like their new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But think about this, what if she found someone in the same situation as our mc or even worse? She can help them to take shelter in the elf village, while they still need to fight to be alive, they probably more safe there.

      Delete
  16. this all seems kinda unfair to kumoko
    i mean there must be a lot more monsters than humans/elves so why was she the only one reïncarnated as a monster (or so it seems, 5 still unknown ofcourse)
    thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I am left speechless. The teacher is worthy on receiving a huge life span... I can't wait till she finds out adorable little spider. I am sure some classmates that haven't been found are nonhuman most likely

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I am left speechless. The teacher is worthy on receiving a huge life span... I can't wait till she finds out adorable little spider. I am sure some classmates that haven't been found are nonhuman most likely

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your work
    -

    The teacher is probably going to get, or has gotten, some sort of overpowered body-guarding skill with that motivation to retrieve and protect her former students. You know, since everyone else so far seems to have some sort of OP trait/skill cost. I hope so, anyway.

    So far, it seems like all the classroom members have had the incredible luck to get reincarnated into a position that they can take advantage of. I wonder if any of the other gamers got such difficult but awesome rebirths as the MC.

    I would find it hilarious if, like Jake Veiweg suggested a year ago, the earth dragons are two of them "swaggering around sweeping up cobwebs." Guess I'll find out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If 20/26 people in the room are alive at the same time and the three we've seen are children, that means they were almost certainly reborn pretty close to simultaneously. Which means at this point our dear heroine has been fighting for her life in that dungeon for at least five years, probably more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so 1 elf teacher, 12 elf students, 12 human students(?) and 1 spider lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where is the Chapter S10?

    ReplyDelete