Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter S19

Shun 19.
This chapter is really....
Anyway, Julius's death is revealed.


S19 Julius

Hyrinth-san has returned.
It was yesterday that I heard about it.
Although I can't stand doing nothing, everything have this thing called the order.
It took time for me to be able to meet with Hyrinth-san.
I couldn't calm down yesterday.

And, finally, the meeting with Hyrinth-san comes true today.
I was waiting impatiently for Hyrinth-san to enter the room where the meeting was held.

「It seems like I kept you waiting」

Hyrinth-san who entered the room.
He looks a little thinner than his tough appearance in my memory.

「Shun, I'm sorry!」

Hyrinth-san put his head on the ground and prostrate suddenly.
A trivial thought comes into my mind for an instant that there's prostrating in this world.

「The truth is Julius shouldn't be the one who died. The one who survived should not be me but Julius」
「What do you mean?」

I manage to say it while my mouth almost dries.

「This」
「What's this?」

It was a red feather which became tattered that Hyrinth-san held out.

「That's the phoenix feather. It's the item that temporarily gives the user the immortality effect」 
(TL note: I thought it was a phoenix down)
「What's wrong with this?」
「Normally, this was supposed to be held by Julius who's the Hero. But, he said that I as the shield should hold it and he pushed it to me」
「Then」
「Ah. I survived thanks to that item. But, it has already lost its effect now. The one who survived shouldn't be me but Julius」

Hyrinth-san puts his head on the ground as if he's confessing and he continues to prostrate.

「Hyrinth-san, please raise your head. There's no need to lower your head」
「No, I...」
「Hyrinth-san, I'm sure that Julius-niisama forcibly gave it to you, right? Saying something like 『It's all right because I won't die』」
「Haha. As expected of brothers. It's correct」

Hyrinth-san raise his head while smiling wryly.

「『I won't die, but the death probability of Hyrinth is high because you're the shield, right? Then, Hyrinth should hold it rather than me』. Now matter how many times I try to reject, he will say that and won't accept it」

My mouth loosens to Hyrinth-san's mimicry that's not similar.
I tighten it and ask the thing that I must ask by all means.

「Hyrinth-san, please tell me about Nii-sama's last moment」
「I understand」

Hyrinth-san stands up.
Hyrinth-san and I sit down facing each other.

「Rather than telling, it's faster to see it」

Hyrinth-san says so and takes out a crystal-like stone.

「What's this?」
「This is an item that has the special ability called Past Vision. It's a valuable item that even skill can't reproduce at present」

Hyrinth-san puts his hand on the crystal.

「Please put your hand on top of mine」
「Okay」

I put my hand according to what Hyrinth-san said.

「Close your eyes. Let's go」

At the moment I closed my eyes, an image rises on the back of my eyelids.
Not only image but I can even sense the sound and smell.
It was a battlefield.
The innumerable Demons who seemed to be the figure of the soldiers.
Corpses everywhere.
The front of the image is Julius-niisama's back figure.
The white girl who steps up slowly.
Julius-niisama has an impatient atmosphere that I have not seen it before.
Julius-niisama who moves forward to protect his comrades.
And, the next moment, Julius-niisama's body became dust and disappeared.
Blackout.
The image stopped there.

「What's that?」
「That was Julius's last moment」

Can such a thing happen?
Julius-niisama is the Humans' strongest Hero.
And, that Nii-sama became dust instantly without any resistance being permitted.
Impossible.
Even though I think like that, Hyrinth-san says that it's Julius-niisama's last moment.

「Such...」
「I also don't understand what happened. After that, I was surrounded by Demons when I realized it. From there, I manage to withdraw, draw out my memory and I finally realized that Julius had died」
「What's that?」

That white girl.
That killed Julius-niisama.

「I don't know. That Demon's identity is not known. However, if it's the attack that killed Julius, I can guess it to some extent」
「What is it!?」
「Corrosion Attack」
「Corrosion...」
「Ah. It's said that some monsters have it. The attribute that controls death. When a person fails in resisting the attack, it's said that the body will become dust. Julius was also the same. And, only the body becomes dust. The things worn doesn't change」

Hyrinth-san takes it out.

「This is the thing that Nii-sama always wear」
「Ah. It seems that Julius never told you about it. This is the final present that your mother handed to Julius before dying」

Hyrinth-san hand it over to me.
The pure white muffler.

「Sorry. It was the only thing that I can bring back」
「It's okay. Thank you」

It was my limit to say until there.
My view is blurred.

I remember the time when I met Nii-sama for the first time.
That's the time when I was still a baby.
Nii-sama came over to the nursery with the attendants.
Nii-sama looked at Sue and me, and shed tears.
That was the only time that I saw Nii-sama's tears.

Nii-sama patted our head while saying something and left.
I at that time still don't understand the language of this world.
Therefore, I don't understand what Nii-sama said at that time.
I still don't understand.
But, I think that Nii-sama made up his mind at that time.

Afterwards, I knew the death of our mother on the day before.
To be honest, even if it's said that this muffler is made by Mother, I can't react on it.
Because I never met with Mother.
But, Nii-sama is different.
For Nii-sama, Mother might have been an irreplaceable important person.
Losing his beloved mother when he's young, and he must fight as the Hero.
In that pain, I wonder what kind of determination that Nii-sama made.

「Nice to meet you. I'm your Onii-san, Julius. Even if I look like this, I'm the Hero」

I still remember Nii-sama's smile when I met him the second time after I was able to understand what happened.
I was surprised that he who looked like a child at the lower grades of elementary school had a calm smile.
I was made to think that it's impossible for me to smile like that even though I should be more older if I add with my previous life.
It was a smile that has something deep dwelled in it.

「Shurein is smart. You might be a good statesman in the future」
「Sue. It's not good to be spoiled」
「Shurein also has the Sword Talent. How about coming with me in the future? Ah, Sue, don't scowl at me so much. I understand. At that time, Sue also come along, okay?」
「Shurein. I heard that you got a girlfriend. Moreover, you are calling each other by nicknames. Can I also call you as Shun from now on?」
「Shun. I know that Sue is cute, but it's bad to keep spoiling her, you know?」
「Shun, Father is gentle. However, before he's a father, he's a king. He is fulfilling his responsibilities as a king who supports this country. Can you understand it?」
「Shun, you can rely on Leston if anything happens. He's always in the royal castle. And, he's the most free in our family, so he will help you immediately」
「Brother is really Brother. Although I lose sight of myself now, the feelings to this country are the same as me. Therefore, there's no need to worry.」
「Hyrinth, I think that you should marry and succeed your house because you are almost reaching a good age. And yet, there's no such talk at all. I'm getting a little worried, you know? Me? Even if I get married, I can't give anything to my spouse. Marriage that will only bring sorrow shouldn't be done」
「Fufu. Because I have the Evasion skill, don't think that such snow ball can hit me! Wabu! Hey, Sue, that's cheating! Ouch! Sue! That's not snow! Because the stone is pain, it's not good!」
「Hero is the hope of the Humans. That's why, I can't lose. Absolutely」

Memories with Julius-niisama overflow.
Nii-sama always smiled.
A smile that has deep gentleness that lets the person feel relieved.

Inside me, the Hero is Nii-sama.
Can I even inherit that Nii-sama?
I don't have the confidence.
But, I don't want to let the thing which Nii-sama aimed to end because there's no confidence in me.

「It's fine even if it's a dream. It's fine even if it's laughed that it's a nonsense that can't be achieved. But, I'm sure that it's fine to aim at it. A world where everyone can laugh and live peacefully. I will continue to chase that ideal until I die」

I also think that it's naive.
But, it's not as much as Nii-sama.
But still, I want to inherit that naive ideal.

「Shun. No, Hero Shurein」

Hyrinth-san talks in a formal voice.

「I was not able to protect Julius. I disqualified as a shield. If such miserable me is fine, please let me work as the shield of the New Hero」
「Hyrinth-san」
「Let me protect you as much as I was not able to protect Julius」
「Hyrinth-san. I should be one who say it. Please help me from now on」

Hyrinth-san and I shook hands firmly.



[So, does it seems that the action as the Hero is still early to begin?]
[Ah. It will still take time for the church to support the New Saint, so I think that it's after everything is prepared]
[I see]
[Sue. I know you understand this, but once I start my action as the Hero, we can't be together like before]
[As expected. I thought that Nii-sama will say so]
[Sorry]
[There's no need to apologize. I'm no longer a child]
[Un. I know that Sue is very strong among the adults. But, I don't want to take you along after all. I don't want to get Sue involved in dangerous things]
[I understand it]
[This is my selfishness. Sorry]
[There's no need to apologize]
[I understand. Sue, you can do anything you like until you graduate. Because you will be safe if you are in the academy.]
[You are right]
[Even if I start acting as the Hero, I will make sure to show my face as much as possible like Julius-niisama]
[Nii-sama, will you avenge Julius-niisama?]
[... I don't know. I think that it's unworthy to act as the Hero to move for personal grudge. But, I still can't forgive it. I also don't know what I should do]
[It's all right. There's no need to worry about it]
[Why?]
[You will understand soon]
[I see. I understand. I won't try to think about such thing as much as possible for now]
[Yes]
[Then, I will hang up any time now. Good night]
[Yes. Good-bye, Nii-sama]



*************************


「Oka-san. It became bad」
「The situation?」
「It's the worst. Oka-san, I'm sorry to say this because you just returned, but prepare to take Shun out of this country immediately」
「Did something happened?」
「My subordinate betrayed me」
「What?」
「Our movements leaked out. Sorry. It's my mistake」
「What's the prediction of what happens after this?」
「If that's possible, I won't have a hard time. But, my unit received an assault. It's certain that there's something」
「Let's hurry」
「Ah」

33 comments:

  1. I wonder who are those people at the end. Doesn't seem to be sensei since the person said that her mother have return which mean they live in the same country as shun, so it's unlikely to be sensei who is an elf. The only one I could think of is the genben guy or maybe shun sister calling her mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the teacher her name is oka, and the talked previously to make him take santuary with the elves.

      Delete
    2. it's the teacher her name is oka, and the talked previously to make him take santuary with the elves.

      Delete
    3. Mother?! Where? Which part?

      Delete
    4. The crown prince (first brother) and teacher Oka-chan. Name was mentioned directly for Oka and the other speaker referred to Julius and Shun as their younger brother (actually not too sure about Julius being referred as well, so it's possibly Lester?).

      Delete
    5. I think your confusing oka san to Okaasan. The first is the teacher name and the latter means mother. Confusing. Yes I know. In this case, I'm pretty sure they are referring to the teacher.

      Delete
  2. T_T Julius-Niisan...
    *calls the afterlife operator*
    hey! why'd you take julius. it's too early! bring him back down here, NOW!

    thank you for the chapter XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Administrator D : hell noo, this is not Dragonball where people can leave the afterlife when ever they want.

      Delete
    2. Unless they come back to life and work as a spirit detective.

      Delete
  3. Train up that Corrosive attack and resistance Kumoko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White = kumoko?
      D = demon loed.
      Remember she did say she was her greatest masterpieces

      Delete
    2. Our Kumoko hate Corrosive, remember? Turn to dust = no food. So she shouldn't be White.

      Delete
  4. Shun: I'm certain brother died fighting heroically.

    Nope, he died during the initial stare down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [You will understand soon]
    [I see. I understand. I won't try to think about such thing as much as possible for now]
    [Yes]
    [Then, I will hang up any time now. Good night]
    [Yes. Good-bye, Nii-sama]

    S20 fall
    Foreshadowing? [You will understand soon]>>[Yes. Good-bye, Nii-sama]
    and oka's men selling her out.

    I-im sceard here. Especially with the skills yuugo got recently. Please not be what i think. God I hope it's not some kind of brainwashing. I haven't even read ahead yet so its just a theory. (Or paranoia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thought this is just a light hearted novel about a girl reincarnated as spider.....
    ;___;

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Down" is a bird's inner feathers. They have the outer layer for flying and (I guess) protection, and the inner feathers are for insulation, to keep the bird warm or cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It irritates me when they don't kill the enemy while they can. Half assed heroism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which part are you on about? Julius not killing someone yards away before they could open their eyes? Something else?

      Delete
  10. Hero or demon it doesn't matter. Its all entertainment for the admins. And our Spider is playing the Villain to get back at them... Dammit Shun better join her side soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it seems that Shiro and Kumoko are the same person since they use the same skills (corrosion) and is very powerful, and the Demon King said Shiro was its best masterpiece wich mean it was "created" by the demon King, also the demon king is a spider so maybe it's Kumoko Grandmother, ancestor or something else like that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and get money for every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. (TL note: I thought it was a phoenix down) <- there are two phoenix-related revival items: phoenix down is a soft feather from the underbelly that revives someone when used on them, while the wrongly-named phoenix wing (in fact, phoenix feather) is a hard feather from anywhere else (often a pinion, but not neccessarily) that can revive someone when used on them and automatically revives the holder upon death (I believe it's this one we are talking about).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh, looks like Kumoko did grab the Evil Eye of Extinction later on.

    Really now, Corrosion is such a nasty power. According to the manga, that's the power that leaked into the classroom and slaughtered everyone

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Hmmm, i do not think so... for now storyline became parallel as far as i noticed, and shiro is said to be administrator (kumo-chan is not one at least for now). It could be that Shiro is one of the classmates considered dead?

      Delete
  16. If my hunch is correct the 2 at the end of chap are definitively Sensei Oka and perhaps one of Shun's brothers... it could be Leston, but i have the feeling it is the first one? I forgot his name though...

    ReplyDelete